Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck looked like crap tonight

GusFring

23 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

See now you have taken a shot by calling me a liar. I have stated a fact, you have no provided evidence to the accepted standards required for proof. I have provided you feedback as to why this is and substanited why. This stuff isn’t my opinion, it’s well.. how this all works. I work in an industry where opinion isn’t enough, we’re dealing with peoples’ health after all.

To that end, who is the extremist? The one not posting opinion but factual definitions, or the one who believes something and derides anyone who asks him to prove it. I have twisted nothing, merely pointed you in the direction of things, that for a gambler, might be useful to know. If you don’t understand stuff like cause/effect, probability and statistical analysis then you’re gambling on gut. Bad move.

I’ll be fair in that it’s probably nigh on impossible to prove in hindsight, unless you have witness testimony to the rigging. Even then it can be dubious. But as everyone keeps trying to get you to understand, there is a way to prove it. Next time you bet big because you’re “in the know” share the slip with us ahead of time.

Any argument that can withstand challenge is no argument at all. 

I'll let you know ahead of time who will win the SB this year. Just don't bring this subject up again, as it attracts a large crowd and it starts a huge fight on the forum. I'm getting sick of it.

The Colts played with some fire in their pants. Nice to see. The running game was not impressive. Hopefully, they will be ready to get it next month. Above the players the issue to me is how Reich handles the balance of the team meaning how he shuffles his people to make each game more winnable. Luck's rust will remain for a while so don't expect a lot but if the running game will not show up they will have a rough year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I absolutely substantiated it. I provided 6-8 examples of it happening. Sorry I can't name more when a championship happens once a year. Just because you're in denial doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'll trust multiple instances of winning bets on storylines then any word of mouth from you. Money talks. Literally everything in this world is rigged by a higher power. WWE is fake, the stock market and precious metals markets are fake, politics and who we vote for is rigged, sports have been rigged for a long time by the mob. Even game shows and who gets picked for them is rigged for ratings and certain demographics. I'm sorry you can't see that, but I will trust my worldly experience and track record over someone in denial.

So all of this stuff is fake but then in reference to the Madden video game we read this response.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's still real to me dangit! :thmup:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll let you know ahead of time who will win the SB this year. Just don't bring this subject up again, as it attracts a large crowd and it starts a huge fight on the forum. I'm getting sick of it.

We shall wait with baited breath for your champion to be announced before opening day. 

Did you just tell, not ask, me what to post?! Again, stand by your your own words and take ownership of them. 

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

We shall wait with baited breath for your champion to be announced before opening day. 

I have no idea who will win before opening day. I've never bet that early. That's a sucker bet. I have to hear something before I can bet on it. That takes a bit of time. I bet on the story, but I'm not a psychic, I have to learn the story first, and usually that doesn't happen until a bit before the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have no idea who will win before opening day. I've never bet that early. That's a sucker bet. I have to hear something before I can bet on it. That takes a bit of time. I bet on the story, but I'm not a psychic, I have to learn the story first, and usually that doesn't happen until a bit before the playoffs.

Right.. but there has to be an agreed cut off. Otherwise you could in theory wait till the SB and take a punt on a 2 horse field. Certainly it has to be before the play off seeding is decided. 

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Right.. but there has to be an agreed cut off. Otherwise you could in theory wait till the SB and take a punt on a 2 horse field. Certainly it has to be before the play off seeding is decided. 

The cutoff will be before the playoffs start. I'm merely going for what story makes sense and what team is benefited by it to prove my point to the doubters. So playoff seeding will have no effect on who I choose. I can go a week before the playoffs if you really want me too. If by off chance, I can't figure out a story, I will admit to that as well. Some years are very difficult to find one. I will base my prediction on who I bet on.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The cutoff will be before the playoffs start. I'm merely going for what story makes sense and what team is benefited by it to prove my point to the doubters. So playoff seeding will have no effect on who I choose. I can go a week before the playoffs if you really want me too. If by off chance, I can't figure out a story, I will admit to that as well. Some years are very difficult to find one. I will base my prediction on who I bet on.

Of course Playoff seeding has an effect! Picking out a no.1 seed isn’t as impressive is it?

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Of course Playoff seeding has an effect! Picking out a no.1 seed isn’t as impressive is it?

It has no effect to me. I would easily pick a 3-6 seed if they had the story with them. I'm not betting on statistics or seeding to win the SB. I'd rather take the extra odds and the story with a lower seed if it made sense. Yes, I would also take a higher seed if the story backed them up, but I'm not just going to choose someone like the Pats with no rhyme or reason behind them. The team I will end up choosing will have a very specific reason behind it, I just don't know the team or reason yet, but I will eventually, and the seeding will have no effect once I make my decision.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck hasn't thrown a td in two preseason games, definitely concerning. I'm actually questioning Coach Reich a bit as I figured he'd be able to compensate on offense with Luck back and he's been unable to do so. Right now, the 1st team offense looks like garbage, and that's with Luck. It's time to sign Dez IMO. When Hilton comes back, those two would be respectable along with Luck, Doyle and Ebron.

I really wish we could've gotten Jeffery last year.. oh well. So many people are against Dez for some reason.. I do think we NEED a big bodied WR

Anywho....

Andrew did indeed look rusty. Quite a bit more so than he did last week in Seattle. The playcalling was also a bit odd and seemed very predictable at times as well. It will still take some time to knock off the rust completely. The next game against San Fran should help develop more of a clear picture of just where the team is at since there will be more of a formal game plan and structure in place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I really wish we could've gotten Jeffery last year.. oh well. So many people are against Dez for some reason.. I do think we NEED a big bodied WR

Yeah, I'm not completely against Dez, but I feel that's it's unrealistic to think he would come here with everything Ballard has stated and mapped out. He doesn't fit the horseshoe mantra. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Some on here think that we'd be getting the Dez of 3-4 years ago.  When infact his play has dropped a TON while his ego has exploded. He's demanding big bucks and a long term contract, neither of which will he get.  When a WR with his history is still available 2 weeks before the season, there is a ton of red flags, enough to where most teams are looking away from him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restored said:

Anywho....

Andrew did indeed look rusty. Quite a bit more so than he did last week in Seattle. The playcalling was also a bit odd and seemed very predictable at times as well. It will still take some time to knock off the rust completely. The next game against San Fran should help develop more of a clear picture of just where the team is at since there will be more of a formal game plan and structure in place.

My thoughts too.   I didn't like what I saw last night, but keeping an open mind that things will get better.  

• Like 2

A lot of it had to do with the fact that our WRs couldn't separate for the most part, T.Y. opens up so many things for our WRs, despite all the flak he gets here :(. The blitzes were picked up well but no one got open, so Luck ended up scrambling but the WRs did not scramble as well. It takes some time for the WRs to get used to that mentality of not giving up on the route or the play with a scrambling QB.  They should watch videos of Doug Baldwin and Antonio Brown when they play with RW and Big Ben for that.

That was a BIG part of Luck's inefficiency, IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

My thoughts too.   I didn't like what I saw last night, but keeping an open mind that things will get better.  

I agree. I think back to Brady in 2009 after his year away and Manning in 2012 and both were a bit rusty until about 5-6 weeks into the season. Could be the same scenario here.

P.S. Good to see you back. I took a break from the forum as well for a time and glad to be back.

• Like 1

I think everyone on here saying the Colts looked bad or Luck was rusty forgot that Baltimore had a pretty good defense last year. The Ravens have a history of playing great "D". 

Know one on here is giving them any credit which I think they deserve it.

I'm more concern with the WR not getting open as there were a few times Luck had nobody to throw to. 

10 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

You bring Dez, you take away a ton of play time for some of the other youngsters. And you HAVE to throw the ball to Dez a ton, or else he’ll throw a tantrum. It’s what he does.

Agreed

30 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I feel Dez will be in Luck’s ear every play, and also not actually earn the extra targets.  Apparently, he was buzzing in Daks’ ear last year-

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-dallas-cowobys-dez-bryant-explains-dak-prescotts-2017-struggles-garbage-a--play-calling/tu8a3a45vu1c1lfufqr7yhn8n

Could be that Players could get mad at the money paid to him, vs. the production he brings to the table. That is a locker room buster.

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

One thing that worried me from the brief part I watched was how Luck still seems to force the ball to his favoured targets. First it was Reggie, than TY and last night it was Doyle.

Because those are the ones that get open. :) 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They should watch videos of Doug Baldwin and Antonio Brown when they play with RW and Big Ben for that.

Good suggestion there Chad. Again, I need to see the whole Ravens game first, which I will watch tonight, but I trust what you say man. You know your stuff & carry considerable sway with me over the yrs just reading your thoughts. Nuff said.

31 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

One thing that worried me from the brief part I watched was how Luck still seems to force the ball to his favoured targets. First it was Reggie, than TY and last night it was Doyle.

So if he were forcing more 50/50 balls to Ryan Grant, that would be a sign of progress? 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

On a positive note the new field looked great and as far as I know there were no injuries of note... The defense was really flying around and hitting very hard.

Whoa...something redeeming about last night's game. How am I supposed to work with that dude?   Don't you know, the doom & gloom preseason rules man? Just messing with ya Richard.

Yeah, nobody tore their ACL or entered the concussion protocol.

People probably thought I was insane with me bringing up Favre & picks, I get it. I just wanna see Luck show me once this yr that he's not afraid to throw the ball away when everybody is covered downfield. Just so I know he's capable of it.

keep in mind folks... these two teams practiced against each other for 2 days then played.  While I'm sure there was not a high level of game planning, thats gonna make things tough for both teams.  Quite frankly, i think the offenses for both teams sucked. The D's played solid.  

I wouldn’t look too much into it.  Luck did still look rusty as expected BUT the offense was generic, no TY and no feasible left tackle.  

I would like to see Wilkins play with the #1s and I am worried about a capable #2 WR though I do think Ebron will develop into a big play guy.