Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay cryptic tweet/Bob Lamey (Voice of the Colts) retiring (merge)

Luck 4 president

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know bob Lamey at all personally but I’ve seen nothing before this to suggest he is racist.  I think he made an error in judgement and is paying the price for that.  That alone does not make him a racist and those saying it does are being sensational as they probably don’t know the man to say if he is or isn’t just like I don’t.

The problem is he’s the voice of the Colts and it’s at a time that race relations are an all time high between team and players.  The Colts would have feed right into that controversy in a large way had they not done something with Bob.  That doesn’t mean I think he’s a racist.  In fact I think Bob just made a poor error in judgement and sometimes those have consequences.  There is a lot of ground between saying yeah I get why the Colts fired him and they were probably right and saying he has to go because he’s a racist.

As I said last night the PJ situation also played a factor

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Everyone hates the white man it's just how it is they will say all the stupid stuff just because he was a white male. And they wanna talk about racism lol

Stop

15 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I get what you are saying but for me It is common sense

I don’t want to be known based on a label so I will never label someone else

It's common sense not to say the N-word for you and many of us. Bob wasn't thinking and used it when telling an old story about a joke. Something we wouldn't do but he did unfortunately. I wonder too how well his brain is? At 80 he may have dementia or even going a little senile, I don't know? It's not an excuse but before my Grandpa passed away he was saying all kinds of crazy things, he wasn't right at the end.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

But nobody knows that "for sure".

Look, I LOVE Bob Lamey, and I never would have thought he was racist.  But the fact that he told THAT joke... well... I don't know.

I'm not ready to throw him under the bus for being racist, but I will never look at him the same.

This is why we shouldn't have role models.  We're all human.  Guys like Bob Lamey have a little racism in 'em.  Guys like Peyton Manning have a little "my balls on your face" and "No those are my wife's' steroids" in 'em.  Guys like Marvin Harrison have a little "leave before I shoot" in 'em.  Guys like Dominic Rhodes have a little "I'm Ok to drive" in 'em.

Tony Dungy, Jeff Saturday and Bob Sanders have made it this far without any TMZ material, but how long will that last?

As much as I hate to say this: the days of the pedestal are over.  Our heroes are just as human as the rest of us, and unfortunately, most of them turn out to be unworthy of pedestals...

Alot of heroes of sports teams are not worthy of the pedestals they are placed on regardless of team or sports.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

As I said last night the PJ situation also played a factor

Stop

Enh I don’t kbow.  Saying that word has pretty much been a guaranteed way to lose your job no matter who you are.  I think the Papa Johns thing and this just happen to be recent examples.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's common sense not to say the N-word and for and many of us. Bob wasn't thinking and used it when telling an old story about a joke. Something we wouldn't do but he did unfortunately. I wonder too how well his brain is? At 80 he may have dementia or even going a little senile, I don't know? It's not an excuse but before my Grandpa passed away he was saying all kinds of crazy things, he wasn't right at the end.

I agree 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Enh I don’t kbow.  Saying that word has pretty much been a guaranteed way to lose your job no matter who you are.  I think the Papa Johns thing and this just happen to be recent examples.

I agree but feel that the PJ situation has people more alert/edgy to things like this

What PJ and BL did are two very different things

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dude just because he repeated something someone else said doesn't mean he the leader of the KKK you guys need to calm thehell down with the attacks on him over this 

I don’t think anyone has said he’s the leader of the KKK you are going over board with you hyperbole.  Even if others are doing it too two wrongs don’t make a right.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1