Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Huuuuuge fight between Colts-Ravens today

Hi-Tek

3 hours ago, ColtJ82 said:

Chris McCain is a *. You are already skating on thin ice and then there you are front and center on video acting a fool.

You have no clue about his status or his involvement from a 1 minute video.   Calm down.   This looks like most of my high school practices at the end of summer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You have no clue about his status or his involvement from a 1 minute video.   Calm down.   This looks like most of my high school practices at the end of summer

This stuff always gets blown out of proportion. High school practices can get intense. I imagine college is at another level. Why do we expect the professional level to be different? These guys are high motor guys, at the highest level of competition (in this case, preseason training camp where many are fighting for their livelihoods and serious money at stake) and it's a joint practice with very little repercussion to getting in a scrum versus a game scenario. I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen constantly throughout the preseason. I would have been shocked had it not happened in two days with the Ravens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The word that got censored was *. I'm perfectly calm. You can just very clearly see him in the video not backing away. With his situation already sketchy, one would think he would steer clear from that as others did. 

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

This stuff always gets blown out of proportion. High school practices can get intense. I imagine college is at another level. Why do we expect the professional level to be different? These guys are high motor guys, at the highest level of competition (in this case, preseason training camp where many are fighting for their livelihoods and serious money at stake) and it's a joint practice with very little repercussion to getting in a scrum versus a game scenario. I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen constantly throughout the preseason. I would have been shocked had it not happened in two days with the Ravens. 

Because they are professionals? There's a fine line between high motor, high intensity, and just plain stupidity. I'm glad Reich ripped on em. This is football. You don't win football games by punching and kicking your opponents. You beat em by scoring more points. If you're mad at your opponent, then tackle him, or beat him off the snap, or sack him, or score a TD on him, or juke him out. You know, do something that will help the football team win.

And regarding the second bolded statement, just cause it's practice doesn't mean it don't matter. If that's the case, then we shouldn't care how Luck looks how practice, or how the defense looks, or how the Oline is playing etc. But we do, because practice matters. 

Sorry for the rant. But I want the Colts to play intense, not stupid. (even though it seems like the Ravens side is what started the brawl, it's still stupid). 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Because they are professionals? There's a fine line between high motor, high intensity, and just plain stupidity. I'm glad Reich ripped on em. This is football. You don't win football games by punching and kicking your opponents. You beat em by scoring more points. If you're mad at your opponent, then tackle him, or beat him off the snap, or sack him, or score a TD on him, or juke him out. You know, do something that will help the football team win.

And regarding the second bolded statement, just cause it's practice doesn't mean it don't matter. If that's the case, then we shouldn't care how Luck looks how practice, or how the defense looks, or how the Oline is playing etc. But we do, because practice matters. 

Sorry for the rant. But I want the Colts to play intense, not stupid. (even though it seems like the Ravens side is what started the brawl, it's still stupid). 

First of all, having a guy on top of one of your boys throwing haymakers and taking issue with it is stupid?... I was waiting for the professional argument. Let's be real here, many NFL players are far from professional in terms of how they conduct themselves. So let me ask the question again, why are we surprised by this and expect anything less? 

Secondly, I not once said anything about practice being unimportant. I said getting into a fight in practice versus a game scenario doesn't have the same repercussions... There is a mighty big difference there pal. You don't see fights like this in games because it has devastating consequences (fines, suspensions, possibly a turn in the game that results in a loss)... in a practice, what happens? Frank Reich gets mad, John Harbaugh laughs it off? Big deal. 

I'm not on the same page with you on this one. I don't want to see brawls either, but I certainly think this shows they aren't backing down and they have upped their intensity this year. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

I think I’ve got it!!.... the Ravens are upset that the Colts left Baltimore.

D3935CA9-6CC1-461E-9838-509CBEC989E9.jpeg

OR the Ravens are just upset that they can't leave Baltimore Indy is obviously the better destination a city that teams have always had a great relationship with the City & State where Eminent Domain has not been threatened by the state & when the team needed a new Stadium they got one with plenty of parking & bathrooms & best of all it was not a dual purpose baseball stadium / football stadium , IMO or its just preseason & players get fired up to think Ravens players care about the Colts leaving is silly they would not exist if the Colts had not left in fact the Browns would have not become the Ravens & Art Modell would not have been Clevelands version of Jim Irsay '

The Colts left because the City & Fans failed them & those same people cried foul pushed out there team & then went out & after the Browns , Victimhood ? Its about time for Baltimore & its fans to finally except the facts you pushed your beloved Colts out of the State so they left they have done just fine in Indianapolis Thank You Baltimore your short sidedness has been our Gain since 1984 I have enjoyed my Colts & you can bet our City leaders will never be as stupid as those who tried but failed to steal a team from its rightful owner .

3 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

OR the Ravens are just upset that they can't leave Baltimore Indy is obviously the better destination a city that teams have always had a great relationship with the City & State where Eminent Domain has not been threatened by the state & when the team needed a new Stadium they got one with plenty of parking & bathrooms & best of all it was not a dual purpose baseball stadium / football stadium , IMO or its just preseason & players get fired up to think Ravens players care about the Colts leaving is silly they would not exist if the Colts had not left in fact the Browns would have not become the Ravens & Art Modell would not have been Clevelands version of Jim Irsay '

The Colts left because the City & Fans failed them & those same people cried foul pushed out there team & then went out & after the Browns , Victimhood ? Its about time for Baltimore & its fans to finally except the facts you pushed your beloved Colts out of the State so they left they have done just fine in Indianapolis Thank You Baltimore your short sidedness has been our Gain since 1984 I have enjoyed my Colts & you can bet our City leaders will never be as stupid as those who tried but failed to steal a team from its rightful owner .

Huh.... well, I didn’t really think I’d need to clarify this.... but for the record....my post, like most of my others, was a joke. 

I’ve never lived in Baltimore, or the state of Maryland... and thus, whichever of their so-called city or state leaders who pushed the Colts to move have  never gotten a vote or a dollar’s worth of taxes from me.

I just happened to grow up a fan of Johnny U, Lenny Moore and company. 

Hey, I’m glad they’re in Indianapolis and have done so well there.... but quite honestly, the old man Irsay could’ve moved them to Kodiak, Alaska and I still would have remained a Colts fan. :hat: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2018 at 1:21 AM, NorthernBlue said:

Well considering nothing anyone did would have helped them win the game, you know... because they weren't playing a game, your entire first paragraph really doesn't make a lot of sense.  It would if they did it during the game.

For your second paragraph, you are making some leaps in logic that just don't make sense.  The poster said there are very little repercussions when having a fight in practice versus a game.  He is not saying practice doesn't matter.  And it's true, if something like that happened in the game, players would be ejected, the NFL would issue fines and the players would be more likely to get penalties during that game and the next several games.  In practice the two main players involved go to the sideline for a bit while practice resumes.

Lastly, I will say, I'd be more worried if that happened and the Ravens players rushed in and the Colts players stood back and did nothing.  You have to stand up for your own and sometimes that means fighting.  Society has tried so hard to feminize men that people have forgotten that sometimes fists  are the appropriate reaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Despite your version of the move, the facts are this. There have been six Championships , three NFL Championships, and three Super Bowls while either the Colts or the Ravens were in Baltimore .  That is a fact, the history , and it’s undeniable. 

I dont think that most of the current Ravens or Colts even think about this anymore. Once the Ravens won their second Super Bowl in Baltimore, almost all the rancor has died down . 

Many older people in Baltimore still have a warm spot in their hearts for the old Baltimore Colts, but the Baltimore Ravens are the current team now, and the Indianapolis Colts are viewed as a separate entity with no malice, although technically it’s all under the Indy franchise. Manning and Luck are viewed very favorably in Baltimore. 

It it would be better for both fan bases and the teams, to worry about getting better to beat the Patriots again. The old memories are there to enjoy for those who are historians of the game, and whether your an Indy Colts fan, or Ravens fan, and like the old Baltimore Colts. 

4 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Despite your version of the move, the facts are this. There have been six Championships , three NFL Championships, and three Super Bowls while either the Colts or the Ravens were in Baltimore .  That is a fact, the history , and it’s undeniable. 

I dont think that most of the current Ravens or Colts even think about this anymore. Once the Ravens won their second Super Bowl in Baltimore, almost all the rancor has died down . 

Many older people in Baltimore still have a warm spot in their hearts for the old Baltimore Colts, but the Baltimore Ravens are the current team now, and the Indianapolis Colts are viewed as a separate entity with no malice, although technically it’s all under the Indy franchise. Manning and Luck are viewed very favorably in Baltimore. 

It it would be better for both fan bases and the teams, to worry about getting better to beat the Patriots again. The old memories are there to enjoy for those who are historians of the game, and whether your an Indy Colts fan, or Ravens fan, and like the old Baltimore Colts. 

Well said OC. Then you have fans like me who were fans of both the Baltimore Colts and the Indy Colts.  I agree that there are very few old fans who haven't gotten over the Colt move from Baltimore to Indianapolis. The Colts have now been in Indy longer than they were in Baltimore.

Baltimore learned a lesson about backing their team while Indy has enjoyed having a team.

Going into the details at this point serves no purpose but to dredge up old news and or to brew up animosity.  This is the NFL, we have lots of other things in this country to worry about.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well said OC. Then you have fans like me who were fans of both the Baltimore Colts and the Indy Colts.  I agree that there are very few old fans who haven't gotten over the Colt move from Baltimore to Indianapolis. The Colts have now been in Indy longer than they were in Baltimore.

Baltimore learned a lesson about backing their team while Indy has enjoyed having a team.

Going into the details at this point serves no purpose but to dredge up old news and or to brew up animosity.  This is the NFL, we have lots of other things in this country to worry about.

No doubt. At one time, I was bitter like many were in Baltimore. I consider myself a Baltimore Ravens and Colts fan. Over the years, visiting Indy, it’s a great city and fan base, and the Colts are now just another good AFC rival. The fact that the teams practiced together shows how far things have progressed. You will still get an occasional roll of the eyes when people say Unitas played in Indianapolis, but other than that , it’s pretty much a non issue anymore. 

On another note, it’s awesome  seeing Andrew Luck back as it’s great for NFL football. Finally getting back on the forum after dealing with the wreckage of the lost Orioles season.