Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Relieved?

NagelHausForge

That this mess is finally going to be coming to an end today at noon? Obviously there will still be questions, Im sure, but at least we will all now know the direction the team is headed and can all move on to the draft, pre-season, and training camp.

I have been a Colts fan since I moved to Indianapolis in 1999. I have enjoyed cheering for the team and marveling at the genius that is Peyton Manning. I will cheer for him wherever he goes. But I am a Colts fan through and through.

I doubt we will ever know everything that was said on the plane ride from Florida to Indy but from what it looked like last night, Irsay and Manning are still close. And I will be glued to my TV at lunch today.

Again, I am saddened to see Manning go, but relieved that this is finally resolved and can move on to some real football discussion.

Just my 2 cents.

agreed, the circus seems to be finished and I would rather not see Peyton struggle with us and see him go to another team and win another super bowl because he deserves it. I am also very excited about where we can go with Andrew Luck and a 3-4 hybrid defense. Although I know the NFL will definitely schedule a game between the team Manning chooses and the Colts and I hope we whip that team and Peyton throws 3-4 INTs and Luck outduels him

Exactly... Its an exciting time to be a Colts fan right now... As bad as it sucks seeing Manning go, I am more excited about the changes and the seasons to come.

And I agree 100%... It would be great to watch the Colts beat the team Manning signs with! Do you think any of the Defensive players would balk at hitting Manning since they haven't been allowed to in practice? LOL

GO COLTS!

That this mess is finally going to be coming to an end today at noon? Obviously there will still be questions, Im sure, but at least we will all now know the direction the team is headed and can all move on to the draft, pre-season, and training camp.

I have been a Colts fan since I moved to Indianapolis in 1999. I have enjoyed cheering for the team and marveling at the genius that is Peyton Manning. I will cheer for him wherever he goes. But I am a Colts fan through and through.

I doubt we will ever know everything that was said on the plane ride from Florida to Indy but from what it looked like last night, Irsay and Manning are still close. And I will be glued to my TV at lunch today.

Again, I am saddened to see Manning go, but relieved that this is finally resolved and can move on to some real football discussion.

Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree everything that you said. I am glad that the circus will be finally over. Not having the media hounding the Colts. Once the dust settles the Colts fan finally focus on their team, and focus on the draft and all of the FA and etc. All good things must come to end with Manning. Sad to see him go but that is business in the NFL. The team will look odd not having Manning at the helm this coming season. But I am also excited about the future. Go Colts

I'm sooooooo incredibly relieved. I haven't been on here in a month because it was getting old seeing people argue in every thread about the same thing. It is the right move by Irsay and hopefully the people that were just manning fans can go join his new teams forum and the real colts fans can discuss the future of the colts whatever that may be. I personally think we have a very bright future. Go colts

It was not the right decision. Luck will never be good enought to hold pwytons jock. Even if hes great. We're talking about the greatest player of all time here. He built that new stadium. He hung all those banners. He gave us that lombardi trophy. Without peyton this team woulda never lasted in indy. He means so much to this community and has invested greatly in it. Now we just show him the door?

Edited by Coltssouth
Personal attack

Its like a breath of fresh air. Whichever way the decision went, I was just ready for it all to be over with. It just seemed as though our other players were getting disrespected in the meantime while this cloud hung over the organization.

Does it suck that we won't have Manning anymore, well of course it does, I'd be lying if I said it didn't. But does this come as a shock? Not really, we know QBs don't live forever and we couldn't afford him and draft another QB at the same time while trying to keep some of our other FAs.

Its sad seeing all the posts that are bashing the owner and organization over this decision. When shocking, dramatic, and drastic changes happen, there always has to be a scapegoat.

agreed, the circus seems to be finished and I would rather not see Peyton struggle with us and see him go to another team and win another super bowl because he deserves it. I am also very excited about where we can go with Andrew Luck and a 3-4 hybrid defense. Although I know the NFL will definitely schedule a game between the team Manning chooses and the Colts and I hope we whip that team and Peyton throws 3-4 INTs and Luck outduels him

No...they won't. That's not how the NFL schedule works.

A common question I get from football fans concerns the NFL's scheduling procedures and how a team's opponents are determined. Since the realignment that moved the NFL to an eight-division league, the scheduling format has become quite simple actually.

• Each team plays home and away against its three division opponents, which accounts for six games on the schedule.

• Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle, which accounts for four more games.

• Each team plays four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle, which accounts for another four games.

• Each team plays two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings. For example, the first-place team in a division will play against the first-place team from another division within the same conference. The second place team in a division will play against the second-place team from another division within the same conference, etc...

source: http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/bl_schedproced.htm

No, the circus won't be over for long, be prepared...

First wave of circus is upon us now, second will come when PM is choosing a new team, and third will come when the new season starts...

Right on brother what if Luck goes down how big of a clown will irsay look.What a great job grigson has done so far hats off 2 himNOT!!!

Unfortunately, the circus probably is not over just yet. There are many fans that need to go through the grieving process so there will still be many irrational threads and posts so some fans can get this out of their system. Hopefully many of them come to their sense's soon and will still support the Colts, but if not, then see ya later to those fans and this forum can once again resume a somewhat intelligent football conversation.

I was completely prepared for Manning to be gone and came to terms with it a while back. It is still sort of surreal now knowing that it is indeed coming to fruition so I understand those who take longer to accept reality. Eventually, I think they will and things can return to normal.

Unfortunately, the circus probably is not over just yet. There are many fans that need to go through the grieving process so there will still be many irrational threads and posts so some fans can get this out of their system. Hopefully many of them come to their sense's soon and will still support the Colts, but if not, then see ya later to those fans and this forum can once again resume a somewhat intelligent football conversation.

I was completely prepared for Manning to be gone and came to terms with it a while back. It is still sort of surreal now knowing that it is indeed coming to fruition so I understand those who take longer to accept reality. Eventually, I think they will and things can return to normal.

Amen!!!

It was not the right decision. Luck will never be good enought to hold pwytons jock. Even if hes great. We're talking about the greatest player of all time here. He built that new stadium. He hung all those banners. He gave us that lombardi trophy. Without peyton this team woulda never lasted in indy. He means so much to this community and has invested greatly in it. Now we just show him the door? Mr. Irsay you are a liar and fraud. Peytona dec huh. Thats why yodu told him the team has decideto move on with an unproven commi
One thing I have learned is records never last forever and there is always someone better out there... It may not be Luck, but then again it might be... Who knows. Where will you be in 1 to 3 years when Luck leads this team to a superbowl?

Agree. However I was hoping Manning an be retained in a way...

Right on brother what if Luck goes down how big of a clown will irsay look.What a great job grigson has done so far hats off 2 himNOT!!!

I hope Luck will prove himself. I don't want anyone look Clown...neither PM nor Irsay, Pagano or Grigson. Irsay has made a tough decision, everyone has to make tough decisions in life, and some of them will be proven later wrong. No one can make always right ones.

Whatever happens in the first few games of th season. Comparing Luck and Manning by fans and media is unavoidable...

Being a Colt fan and a St Louis Cardinal baseball fan I have/am going thru a rough off-season. Even though the situations are different the outcome is the same, losing a popular player. Now with baseball getting started I do find myself looking to see what the Angels are doing and I'm sure will do the same thing with another football team this summer/fall when the season gets started. I know the St louis fans are now questioning what to do with Pujols number, retire it or let another player use it or just not use it at all? I'm sure this will be a topic for discussion later.

I have also enjoyed watching Peyton but the Colts have a long tradition of winning with great players.Johnny U, Bob Mackey, Willie Richardson, Glenn Ressler, Bubba Smith, Alan Amechi, Mike Curtis, Ray May, Ted Hendricks and others. They all had to leave at some point in their careers. The Super Bowl that Peyton won was not all due to him. Bob Sanders, Marlin Jackson, Antoine Bethea, Booger McFarland, Freeney, Mathis, and several other good players contributed to that win. Without these other players maybe Peyton goes a career without winning a SB. To me Johnny U could have been the person who built the franchise because he started the winning tradition in my youth, but last I checked the Colts had a team before they got him. Same with Peyton, the Colts had a franchise before they picked him. After Luck is gone the Colts will still have a franchise. Some fans will stop being Colts fans because Peyton will be gone but a new generation of Colts fans will come because of Luck. I will remain a Colts fan no matter who is playing.

Just my 2 cents.

Has anyone heard about Reggie Wayne or Jeff Saturday? If we are letting Manning go, does anyone think we will get to keep Reggie and Saturday? With that extra $28 Million I would love to see Reggie and Saturday stay with the team and give Luck or Griffin III or whoever some solid veterans. This would be a huge relief for me personally! I saw that we got Mathis back and am very happy about that. If we let the greatest QB ever go please tell me we wont loose the greatest reciever or center.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm worried that we are an expansion team now... This was my team and I'm worried that we're the Clevaland Indians

Has anyone heard about Reggie Wayne or Jeff Saturday? If we are letting Manning go, does anyone think we will get to keep Reggie and Saturday? With that extra $28 Million I would love to see Reggie and Saturday stay with the team and give Luck or Griffin III or whoever some solid veterans. This would be a huge relief for me personally! I saw that we got Mathis back and am very happy about that. If we let the greatest QB ever go please tell me we wont loose the greatest reciever or center.

This means Jeff Saturday will retire, he said he was considering it and this will seal the deal.

we already play Miami, right? And Minnesota.. And the Jets

Obviously Jacksonville and Tennessee...

It wont be hard.

I didn't say it would be. I was only pointing out that the only way what you said can happen is if Peyton goes to a team that's already going to be on the Colts schedule because the league won't change the schedule just to get a Peyton vs. Indy match-up. That game will likely happen eventually anyway unless Peyton either never returns to 100% or sustains a new injury after he makes his return.

I would rather not see Peyton struggle with us and see him go to another team and win another super bowl because he deserves it.

Let me educate those of you kids who think that the dog is going to a nice hilly farm somewhere to die in peace...Hes not.

He is being executed by Pa via shotgun to the back of the head.

Peyton won't go to a San Francisco, or the Baltimore Ravens. Because they don't need him and it would upset their chemistry and balance at this time. If he did, he would win at least one ring on either of those teams, there is no doubt.

Instead he will go to mediocre team, much like this one - and probably make them a Play-Off contender (ala Montana) but they will still be missing a few components to win it all.

So Peyton will make a bad team good, but not good enough. Just Like Montana. But the truth is, he has the best chance of going to super bowl right here, because of the personel.

I think the schedule is already out. The 2013 season they definately will do that though. And Luck will be one year more mature in the NFL!!!

Yeah Im so glad we can finally move on and hopefully all those Peyton loyalists will stop bashing the Colts now that he is moved on. I love Peyton as much as anyone, but Im a Colts fan 1st, Peyton fan 2nd.

I just dont think this is the correct move.

When Michael Jordan retired.,.,it was 10 years (and 3 or 4 No.1 choices) before they were competitive again...