Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The browns can break a record

CR91

The browns have currently lost 17 straight games. If they lose 10 more games, they will break the record of the 75-76 bucs for most consecutive losses which can happen. Here are their next 10 games

1.Steelers 

2.Saints

3.Jets

4.Raiders

5.Ravens

6.Chargers

7.Bucs

8.Steelers

9.Chiefs

10.Falcons

The only possible wins I see are the Jets and Bucs

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

The browns have currently lost 17 straight games. If they lose 10 more games, they will break the record of the 75-76 bucs for most consecutive losses which can happen. Here are their next 10 games

1.Steelers 

2.Saints

3.Jets

4.Raiders

5.Ravens

6.Chargers

7.Bucs

8.Steelers

9.Chiefs

10.Falcons

great just great now Cleveland will have another parade if that happens lol

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Oh my...:facepalm:

I hope they win a few right off the bat.  Those poor fans.

I know right? I'm rooting for the dog pound to win at least 6 games. You've gotta figure that coaches Todd Haley & Gregg Williams on the same staff can only spell a major turnaround for that desperate fan base. I sincerely hope so.

No team can literally be this bad for so long without breaking the curse eventually. Plus, I like Hue Jackson & I don't wanna see him get the boot again.

• Like 2

I still think the Browns need an emblem on their helmet too. Not saying it will change their fortunes as a franchise, but who knows. At this point, I'll try anything...Except signing Dez Bryant to a 1 yr deal.

Look, I'm a huge 2nd chances guy, but do you really want #88 demanding his touches while a struggling team is trying to change it's culture for the better? Not so much...

Maybe, I'm being unfair to Dez Bryant. Gregg Williams as the DC of the Redskins did almost snap Peyton Manning in half in a game once. If Gregg is still employable, why not Dez?

Okay, you can sign Bryant, but he most show he can run crisp routes, realize he's not a #1 or even #2 WR anymore, & just go to work like he's a rookie in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Maybe, I'm being unfair to Dez Bryant. Gregg Williams as the DC of the Redskins did almost snap Peyton Manning in half in a game once. If Gregg is still employable, why not Dez?

Okay, you can sign Bryant, but he most show he can run crisp routes, realize he's not a #1 or even #2 WR anymore, & just go to work like he's a rookie in Cleveland.

I'm sure they're relieved to have your approval.  :lol:haha

just messin' with ya  :hug:

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I'm sure they're relieved to have your approval.  :lol:haha

just messin' with ya  :hug:

Bah! Ha! Ha! Good one Gramz. :banana:

That was a huge step of forgiveness on my part wasn't it considering my contempt for anything Dallas Cowboy related? LOL!

True, Mr. Bryant has a family to feed & bills to pay like everyone else. It kills me to give sympathy to a former lone star receiver, but every once in awhile, I change my mind & do the right thing. Not that I have any pull in Cleveland of course as you suggest. Touche.

Josh Gordon is somewhat more likeable and sympathetic to Martavis Bryant, simply because he's not a butt.

In other news...100 years down the road when I pass, I want the entire Cleveland Browns team to be pallbearers at my funeral.

That way they can let me down one last time.

• Like 2

I can't decide whether to pull for them for the player's and fan's sake or not to so they can get rid of their problem and be done with it.

Also, the Buccs team literally was thinking Superbowl 4 years later after they'd finally won a playoff game the year before but their senile Al Davis tier owner ruined it.

Honestly I think Cleveland wins around 4-6 games at least. Tyrod Taylor is a solid QB, and while he won't dazzle you and take a trash team to the playoffs a la Luck or Rodgers, he's good enough to keep the Browns competitive in games, and he won't make mistakes. They've got a couple young pieces who will get better, like Njoku, Garrett, Ward, Chubb, Peppers etc and a solid WR group with Landry and Gordon (if he's good).

I think they finish 3rd in that division. It's the Bengals who I feel like are gonna be a dumpster fire this year. 

On 8/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, CR91 said:

1.Steelers 

2.Saints

3.Jets

4.Raiders

5.Ravens

6.Chargers

7.Bucs

8.Steelers

9.Chiefs

10.Falcons

I’d say Jets, Raiders and Bucs are very winnable.    I don’t see Cleveland losing all 10 of these games.

Tyrod Taylor alone makes them good enough to win games.   The Browns have improved enough to win a number of games.   They should NOT be in the hunt for a top-5 draft pick. 

They nay may not be a team that wins 8 games,  but the might win 4-6 games.

The Bucs record of futility is safe.  The Browns will not break it.

It's going to have to do with playing inspired football more than it does talent, and as consummate and professional as most football players are, I just don't see anybody on a team with a 1-31 and winless season coach doing that. It's almost psychologically impossible. Their best bet at winning a game is the week after firing Hue Jackson tbh.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:24 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Honestly I think Cleveland wins around 4-6 games at least. Tyrod Taylor is a solid QB, and while he won't dazzle you and take a trash team to the playoffs a la Luck or Rodgers, he's good enough to keep the Browns competitive in games, and he won't make mistakes. They've got a couple young pieces who will get better, like Njoku, Garrett, Ward, Chubb, Peppers etc and a solid WR group with Landry and Gordon (if he's good).

I think they finish 3rd in that division. It's the Bengals who I feel like are gonna be a dumpster fire this year. 

Tyrod Taylor is a bottom 10 QB in the NFL easy. That's not really solid. It's just an upgrade until Mayfield starts to figure things out and can start eventually. Ward and Chubb are complete unknowns right now, they could easily be busts (especially with the Browns drafting). Like Njoku, he had a good showing in week 1 of the preseason. Garrett had a nice rookie year and has shown promise. I took him in an IDP league. Peppers is eh. Landry is possibly the best slot receiver in the NFL. He will get 100 receptions, very dependable. Gordon has high potential if he stays out of trouble. 

The problem with the Browns is that they literally miss on most of their draft picks. They give Grigson a run for his money. Until that gets fixed and they have competent QB play, they will continue to lose games. 

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

They must have already broken some records regarding most losses over say a 5 or 10 year span.

That may be true but the record for most consecutive losses is Tampa Bay with 26 losses in a row.

Believe it or not the Browns are not even in the top 3 as far as team losses. Those records belong to the Cardinals, Eagles and Lions.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Tyrod Taylor is a bottom 10 QB in the NFL easy. That's not really solid. It's just an upgrade until Mayfield starts to figure things out and can start eventually. Ward and Chubb are complete unknowns right now, they could easily be busts (especially with the Browns drafting). Like Njoku, he had a good showing in week 1 of the preseason. Garrett had a nice rookie year and has shown promise. I took him in an IDP league. Peppers is eh. Landry is possibly the best slot receiver in the NFL. He will get 100 receptions, very dependable. Gordon has high potential if he stays out of trouble. 

The problem with the Browns is that they literally miss on most of their draft picks. They give Grigson a run for his money. Until that gets fixed and they have competent QB play, they will continue to lose games. 

You're selling Tyrod short. He's not a star, and like I said, he won't take trash teams to the playoffs. But in his 3 years as a starter in Buffalo he's never had a completion percentage lower than 61.7, he hasn't thrown more than 6 picks in a year, his QB rating is always around 90, he consistently runs for 500 yards, and his teams are always in the 7 to 9 win range. Those aren't great numbers or anything overly impressive, but far from bottom ten in the league. And that's on the Bills. Not exactly the most amazing team in terms of talent. 

The QB talent in the NFL is insanely high right now (at least 2/3 of the teams in the league have a guy right now or in the future that they believe can be a franchise QB), so that might make him seem lower compared to his peers, but in general, Taylor shouldn't be considered bottom 10 in the league. 

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I don't understand how the same team can be so bad every year. I'd be curious to know what the locker room environment is around there.

they are the youngest team in the league, so its not like their current players are used to losing year after year

colts are second youngest if you throw out kickers, third if you dont 

Look at what's going on in their first 3 games.

Steelers - they beat them a couple times recently and they always give them fits

Saints - they have a 2 game winning streak against them and lead the series

Jets - this will be the Jets and their rookie QB's 3rd game in 11 days.

If they can't win 1 of those...ugh

I went to colts/browns game in Cleveland a few years ago. Most obnoxious, foul mouthed fans I’ve encountered.

After the game they were pounding on every bus and SUV pulling out with Indiana plates. 

Wouldn’t bother me if they went

0-eternity.

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

They haven't beat the Steelers since 2014.  They are 2-14 in the last 16 games

Robotvan right on time with with the automated response as if they've swept all their other divisional opponents and haven't kept most Steelers games close. And a couple isn't a number so he doesn't know it means 2.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Robotvan right on time with with the automated response as if they've swept all their other divisional opponents and haven't kept most Steelers games close. And a couple isn't a number so he doesn't know it means 2.

They haven't beat them a couple of times recently.    

They beat them in 2012 and 2014. The first of those 2 wins happened in a year that is more recent than the 2011 years before it, and the however many years there were before them. There have been 6 years since that first win, and wins aren't something the Browns have had alot of. I'd say that counts as recent. Keep trying though Robotvan :violin::violin::violin:

24 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

They beat them in 2012 and 2014. The first of those 2 wins happened in a year that is more recent than the 2011 years before it, and the however many years there were before them. There have been 6 years since that first win, and wins aren't something the Browns have had alot of. I'd say that counts as recent. Keep trying though Robotvan :violin::violin::violin:

No.  That's not recent.   Just admit you don't know what you're talking about .     Again

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No.  That's not recent.   Just admit you don't know what you're talking about .     Again

You say that like you didn't know exactly what I was talking about when I referred to games in 2012 and 2014 in a league that's almost 100 years old, and a game that's even older, as recent. And like you haven't been called for your mindless robotic arguing on here many times before...recently.

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

You say that like you didn't know exactly what I was talking about when I referred to games in 2012 and 2014 in a league that's almost 100 years old, and a game that's even older, as recent. And like you haven't been called for your mindless robotic arguing on here many times before...recently.

6 and 4 years respectfully isn't recent when talking about division opponents.    You were wrong,   as usual