Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018-2019 NCAA Basketball thread

20 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dang, Tennessee is really good. Just beat Gonzaga.

Rick Barnes can coach...and yes he has a veteran landen class of bulldogs. Tenacious group. Still didn't think they had the athleticism to slow down the Zags. I think that was the best chance for an undefeated season this year. Nevada might do it in the regular season but I don't think they can win it all. SEC has some good teams at the top...Auburn, Vols, Cats...any could win the SEC.

• Like 1

What a great weekend it was. Hoosiers win..Pacers win...Colts win...Pats lose...couldn't get much better than this!

This Indiana team is about to give me a heart attack. These close wins are having an effect on me. That said pretty epic finish....which of course means....

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, dgambill said:

What a great weekend it was. Hoosiers win..Pacers win...Colts win...Pats lose...couldn't get much better than this!

This Indiana team is about to give me a heart attack. These close wins are having an effect on me. That said pretty epic finish....which of course means....

Told you Phinesee is the real deal Holyfield!!! Really wish the Boilers would have signed him, can’t let local talent slip away like that!!!!! I watched him play several times while working EMS at local  games, kids a stud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Told you Phinesee is the real deal Holyfield!!! Really wish the Boilers would have signed him, can’t let local talent slip away like that!!!!! I watched him play several times while working EMS at local  games, kids a stud.

Yep. Good call. I know several people thought he was going to be too small but that kid is probably the most ripped freshman I've seen in a while....really strong kid for his size and is shooting over 40% from 3 this year a real plus for us. Going to be one of those that is a 4 year leader. Don't know how we got him out of Lafayette but I'll take him! He suffered a concussion last night....just sucks every time we get people rolling someone get's hurt. Said he might be out for awhile :Cry:We have had 9 players miss time this year because of injury. Two out with concussions and one with a leg injury that was suppose to start for us and looks like he will redshirt. Even Romeo is playing with a wrist brace. Despite that we have soldiered on.

I hope you guys bounce back...seems you are still looking for that consistent 2nd and 3rd scorer. I think if a couple guys stepped up it would take pressure off Carson so he doesn't feel the need to shoot some of those ill advised shots. If he could score 20 efficiently with help from others it would really benefit you guys. As it is there just isn't a guy ready for that role. Not sure what is going on with Harms....he has basically disappeared this year. Sometimes when you come in against second unit guys your effort and skill looks a lot better than against front line guys. I think last year Haas really sheltered him by wearing the front line down with fouls etc. Anyways good luck in the B1G....at least until we meet up. I'd love to see all the Indiana schools in the tourney this year!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Wow impressive win by my Cats. Reid Travis is an animal. Hagans is a demon on defense. Makes me feel more optimistic about the season.

That was a big win for you guys. Really should give you a big shot in the arm for confidence. Reid Travis is just a beast out there....really improves everyone on the team. It was a great move by Cal to see the team needed a veteran leader because without him I'm not sure the Cats would be a tourney team. Really smart to add a player of his caliber...all-pac 10 center. Looks like you guys got back on track!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That was a big win for you guys. Really should give you a big shot in the arm for confidence. Reid Travis is just a beast out there....really improves everyone on the team. It was a great move by Cal to see the team needed a veteran leader because without him I'm not sure the Cats would be a tourney team. Really smart to add a player of his caliber...all-pac 10 center. Looks like you guys got back on track!

I kind of hate to say it about him but I think Quade Green leaving helped the team. They just look so much smoother out there. 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I kind of hate to say it about him but I think Quade Green leaving helped the team. They just look so much smoother out there. 

Ashton Hagans has really stepped up. Obviously if Herro starts knocking down 3's consistently you are a whole different team.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Steve Alford fired from UCLA

Yes....it was overdue.....he has been a train wreck. Question then becomes who replaces him. I'm sure they will go high profile...the natives won't stand for anything but a big name. That said Billy Donavon isn't walking through that door.....and Mark Few is never leaving Gonzaga. I would go with Jamie Dixon....I know he is at his alma mater now but he is the most solid coach that has ties to the Bruins that would make sense.

• Like 1

We really missed Rob Phinisee last night against Illinois. Second player on the team to suffer a concussion and expected to be out long term. Another has been out the whole season. I don't get how guys in football get cleared for the next week yet our basketball players are kept out for months because of it. Honestly, I think it was because of the Wilson incident with the football team now the school is afraid to put athletes back out there after a concussion.

That all said Romeo looked amazing last night. Dropped an easy 28 and really took over the game. Tough Michigan coming up next...without our starting pg going to be tough on the road. Still 12-2 and 3-0 in the B1G...good start.

• Like 1

Rough weekend...Cats dropped a bad loss in Sec falling behind UT for that #1/#2 seed in South so they can play in Louisville in Regionsls. IU took one on the chin at Michigan. They are really good. Final Four good. We actually out played them from 10 min mark in first half to the finish but we got blitzed out the gate. Romeo and Morgan 2 quick fouls and had to sit...Michigan goes 15-20 from floor to take a commanding 16 pt lead. We battled hard but just couldn’t get over the hump...we are back to the injury bug. Davis, Robert, Race, Forrester, and Jerome our with injuries. Never seen a team so plagued. Archie should have bought them bubble wrap for Christmas!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

Rough weekend...Cats dropped a bad loss in Sec falling behind UT for that #1/#2 seed in South so they can play in Louisville in Regionsls. IU took one on the chin at Michigan. They are really good. Final Four good. We actually out played them from 10 min mark in first half to the finish but we got blitzed out the gate. Romeo and Morgan 2 quick fouls and had to sit...Michigan goes 15-20 from floor to take a commanding 16 pt lead. We battled hard but just couldn’t get over the hump...we are back to the injury bug. Davis, Robert, Race, Forrester, and Jerome our with injuries. Never seen a team so plagued. Archie should have bought them bubble wrap for Christmas!

I'm just gonna pretend like that Alabama game never happened. Lol. But Herro is so inconsistent he almost reminds me of how Devin Booker played when he was at UK. One game he will make everything he tosses up, next game he couldn't toss it in the ocean. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

IU on a 5 game losing streak. Yikes.

I'm not an IU fan so I am enjoying the IU losing streak. 

So what is wrong with them?

One fan I was talking to said that they just don't have a player who plays with fire.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, Myles said:

One fan I was talking to said that they just don't have a player who plays with fire.  

I'm not sure honestly. They are the more talented than they've been in probably several years but just not playing well. Maybe coaching isn't good? Not an IU fan but maybe @dgambill can comment on it.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, Myles said:

Heard a rumor that Romeo Langford is being a diva and not the easiest player to coach...that could be bad. Pretty sad when thier own coach calls them “soft” after they lost to Purdue. 

In in other news...how bout them Boilers? Took down #6 Michigan State yesterday, and are now ranked #17!!!  BOILER UP!!!!!!

IMG_0370.thumb.JPG.624f105da9fa39f210a50ee0cc597d4d.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HOZER said:

Heard a rumor that Romeo Langford is being a diva and not the easiest player to coach...that could be bad. Pretty sad when thier own coach calls them “soft” after they lost to Purdue. 

In in other news...how bout them Boilers? Took down #6 Michigan State yesterday, and are now ranked #17!!!  BOILER UP!!!!!!

IMG_0370.thumb.JPG.624f105da9fa39f210a50ee0cc597d4d.JPG

They are certainly playing well.  

The times I have watched them this year, makes me surprised they are doing as good as they are.   I think they have hit their ceiling.    3rd place in the Big 10 and probably a 4 seed in the tourney.   

They have Penn State Thursday, then Min on Sunday.  Nice easy week with only 2 games.   Then they don't play again till Nebraska the following Sat.  3 games in 2 weeks.   They should be well rested and prepared.  

image.thumb.png.ecd5e0866a2712215f5b9ce7e5c09211.png 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, MTC said:

I was at the Iowa/Rutgers game last night.

This happened. 

Probably the most heartbreaking buzzer beater I have ever witnessed. I had to stay in my seat for fifteen minutes processing what just happened. 

First mistake was not having someone face guarding the passer. 

• Like 2

How bad have refs been this year in other conferences? I am at school and they are MVC. The refs have been atrocious all year for the conference. They miss blatant foulds, call ghost fouls. One of the refs wants to be bigger than the game and has tossed the two coaches this year. They tossed my schools coach last night after going off on refs for terribly calling the game. He got double technicals for it. All he said was Forget (you know what actual word) you to the ref for missing everything on the court. I just want to know what you guys have seen this season?

• Like 1

I tuned into the Duke/NC game and thought I would watch Zion for the first time.   He went down in the first minute.    He seems to be OK, so I feel OK in finding it funny.    They were reporting that tickets to the game were going for $2500 each.   The star gets hurt and the game isn't close.  :D

20 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

How bad have refs been this year in other conferences? I am at school and they are MVC. The refs have been atrocious all year for the conference. They miss blatant foulds, call ghost fouls. One of the refs wants to be bigger than the game and has tossed the two coaches this year. They tossed my schools coach last night after going off on refs for terribly calling the game. He got double technicals for it. All he said was Forget (you know what actual word) you to the ref for missing everything on the court. I just want to know what you guys have seen this season?

Well I can firmly tell you that SEC refs are garbage too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I tuned into the Duke/NC game and thought I would watch Zion for the first time.   He went down in the first minute.    He seems to be OK, so I feel OK in finding it funny.    They were reporting that tickets to the game were going for $2500 each.   The star gets hurt and the game isn't close.  :D

Zion is going to be the next big thing in the NBA. He is really special. Whoever gets him #1 is gonna be happy for a long time. Hes as close to LeBron as I've seen in the college game.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:18 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Pretty bad in the Purdue games I’ve watched, usually don’t watch other teams. I’ve seen some pretty blatant fouls overlooked on both teams. I thought IU was going to win against Purdue last week with all the home cooking being served, but the Boilers were able to hang on. Low scoring game,many, many bad no calls.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, Myles said:

Holy smokes!  I wouldn’t pay that much to watch an NBA game let alone NCAA !!!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Holy smokes!  I wouldn’t pay that much to watch an NBA game let alone NCAA !!!!!

That's what I thought.    The thing is that they play again soon and may even face each other again in the conference tournament.    Then maybe a 4th time in the NCAA tournament.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Pretty bad in the Purdue games I’ve watched, usually don’t watch other teams. I’ve seen some pretty blatant fouls overlooked on both teams. I thought IU was going to win against Purdue last week with all the home cooking being served, but the Boilers were able to hang on. Low scoring game,many, many bad no calls.

I thought the IU/Purdue game was about even for both team in calls and no calls.    Many IU fans were calling for the over the back foul on Harms with a couple seconds left.   I counter with the foul called on Harms around mid court where Harms fell down and wasn't even close to Langford.   Just a very bad call.   I think it was 4th on Harms.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What an NCAA Basketball Week

Notre Dame WBB wins the ACC Title 

Princeton Native Jackie Young wins Tournament MVP

NDWBB earns a #1 Seed 

University of Southern Indiana wins the Midwest Regional and earns a trip home (the NCAA DII Elite 8 is being played at the Ford Center in Evansville)

On 3/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Virginia losing by 12 to Gardner Webb. A 16 gonna beat them again?

Virginia could not lose again in the first round. It was Virginia that was defeated by the 16th seed last year. Right?

• Like 1