Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jalen Ramsey Comments...

MarquisJ

9 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

To me, this is normal.  Top guys, both offensive and defensive, have talked like this for a while now.  He's just one * in a long line over the years.  It means JACK SQUAT as to what's really going on IMHO.  In fact, I'll go on record and say he's no better at trash talking than some that came before him.  He's just average.

^^^ This  ^^^

There's a lot of "There" there.  The a mount of chirping on the gridiron is much more than those sideline microphones let us hear. And most of the better CB's in the league think link Jalen, but are less public about it.

I just heard Ed McCaffrey (13 year WR, and father of Christian) respond to Jeff Rickard talking about Ramsey's comments on Andrew Luck; and it was pointed out Luck's 2016 game (like it has been here) vs. him; and maybe Ramsey had forgotten that day. The funniest part of Ed's reply-

"Good!  DB's have to have short memories... short memories and strong hamstrings; because when they get beat, many of those dudes pull up with that hamstring injury ...."  :spit:

And says {about DB's} 'they all trash talk, he's not the only one'.

He said he liked when their own DB's had an 'edge' to them.  But knows DB's will go little crazy chirping and talking - and players will just roll their eyes etc...   and most great players already play as hard as they can, and the QB is more concerned about winning the game than changing the gameplan or play call just to 'beat' the guy.

He also says some players like extra ways to stay motivated. Calling out others and then having to go up against them (and be accountable) amounts to a Super Bowl matchup of sorts that some players seem to need.  IOW.. it's football.

18 hours ago, Savage21 said:

There's no question Ramsey is talented, but he's also playing for the best defense in football with a defensive front that helps their secondary out by getting constant pressure on the opposing QB's.

How dare he have good teammates... 

I'm being snarky, but him having good teammates doesn't take away from his own abilities. We all know that a good defensive front makes things easier on the secondary, but it doesn't make average guys into playmakers. 

14 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Knuckleheads galore went too far. That critique  by you is fair. 

But there are guys who wear the horseshoe who would say something as silly as Ramsey if given a microphone and an audience.  But no one cares what Pierre Desir has to say.  

And by the way I think the Jags are in for a fall this year. They have great talent but many defensive players had career years last year. But I also think they fall back because the knucklehead capacity they appear to have. I read that as a lack of discipline. 

Plus Blake Bortles

I don't think smack talk is necessarily knucklehead-ism. This is a little uncommon, but we're now in a place where players have a larger platform than they used to. I don't think this kind of sounding off will continue to be rare.

However, this player and one of his teammates is presently suspended for popping off at the mouth. Now he's in the news for more mouthing off. This seems to be a sign of a lack of discipline. The Jags could be in for one of those 'lead the league in penalties and personal fouls' kind of seasons.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think smack talk is necessarily knucklehead-ism. This is a little uncommon, but we're now in a place where players have a larger platform than they used to. I don't think this kind of sounding off will continue to be rare.

However, this player and one of his teammates is presently suspended for popping off at the mouth. Now he's in the news for more mouthing off. This seems to be a sign of a lack of discipline. The Jags could be in for one of those 'lead the league in penalties and personal fouls' kind of seasons.

I would love him on the Colts, he would bring a swag to our Secondary and is a Great talent. Having said that I have seen many better CB's better than him in my time like the obvious one's = Deion and D.Green but guys like Champ, C.Woodson, Revis, and Sherman in his prime were all better as well IMO. Those guys by my eye test could cover better.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love him on the Colts, he would bring a swag to our Secondary and is a Great talent. Having said that I have seen many better CB's better than him in my time like the obvious one's = Deion and D.Green but guys like Champ, C.Woodson, Revis, and Sherman in his prime were all better as well IMO. Those guys by my eye test could cover better.

I mean, he's going into Year 3. Can't compare him to all time greats at this point. 

And someone who always seems to be forgotten -- the great Nnamdi Asomugha. He had two or three years where he was the best man cover guy in the league. He wound up being overshadowed by Revis Island, but he was a monster for a couple years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I mean, he's going into Year 3. Can't compare him to all time greats at this point. 

And someone who always seems to be forgotten -- the great Nnamdi Asomugha. He had two or three years where he was the best man cover guy in the league. He wound up being overshadowed by Revis Island, but he was a monster for a couple years. 

Yeah I guess we do need to see where Ramsey is at in year 5 or so before making such comparisons. He just talks such a big game I felt like making some comparisons :lol:

Of you talk the talk, just make sure you can back it up. Don't let your hummingbird mouth overload your alligator butt....

Just now, NewEra said:

Of you talk the talk, just make sure you can back it up. Don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird  butt....

He's a clown.  Talented player, but a clown.  Really showing he has the maturity of a 10 year old:  Richard Sherman-style.... insecure ; petulant child.

Dance for me, clown.

I've always found that the true best of the best let theiractions do the talking and ate secure enough with that.   The reason people "talk" is to try to convince THEMSELVES that they are worthy.  Kinda sad really.

• Thanks 1

I don't like Ramsey's comment regarding Luck, but he had valid criticisms for several QB's. Josh Allen was a terrible pick from Buffalo. A player that couldn't do anything at Wyoming is going to be a good NFL QB? Horrible pick from Buffalo that should get their GM fired. Flacco has also sucked since winning the SB.