Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jalen Ramsey Comments...

MarquisJ

Jalen Ramsey ... suspended a few days ago by his own team for behavior like a tool ( http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000947516/article/jaguars-suspend-jalen-ramsey-dante-fowler-for-week ).  He is quickly rising up to take the place of Richard Sherman as my most despised player in the league.

Guy should keep his mouth shut because when he opens it, he sounds like an uneducated buffoon.  Good for the rivalry, though.  Just oh so much more that I want (and honestly expect) Andrew Luck to win come-back player of the year ... and now I hope he SCORCHES the Jags secondary in their two meetings this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

I like the fact he shoots his mouth off, adds a little more excitement to it all, but he does come out with some absolute nonsense sometimes. Just let the attention seeker have his little moments and that way we can ram them straight back down his throat when we play them.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

The Tom Coughlin way.. 

I'd say this team is going to implode, but Blake Bortles is their QB. They're not doing anything meaningful, even with that D and how long does a D stay elite? A few years? 

In this age of medicine, a D can stay elite a lot longer than before.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Who cares what this guy thinks? Remember the dolphins(and a few other teams) player Brian Cox? He said he didn't think Peyton was very good. 

That guy always seemed like a *, he's got a similar personality to Rodney Harrison. 

• Like 1

Does anyone actually believe that all those Veteran free agents will continue to produce like they did last year? Calais Campbell with a career year at 32 years old.

And I'm still not buying that Bortles is a capable QB....

The wheels will fall off this year ESPECIALLY with all the crap talking that's gone on since prior to the AFCCG.....

24 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ramsey is the best young corner in the league imo. I bet it’s all part of his plan. He’s just trying to get into the heads of the QBs he’s going to play so they throw at him more

Give him his wish on November 11...Hope Luck and TY expose this clown

18 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Does anyone actually believe that all those Veteran free agents will continue to produce like they did last year? Calais Campbell with a career year at 32 years old.

The wheels will fall off this year ESPECIALLY with all the crap talking that's gone on since prior to the AFCCG.....

I agree, all this yapping will not end well. This has to be the year for them because as of now they'll be 30 mil over the salary cap next year.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

So glad we have been able to avoid having characters like this on our roster.  Keep it up Chris.

You don't think there are knuckleheads galore in the Colts locker room?  Let me clue you in - there are but perhaps not with a platform as big as Ramsey has.

And oh by the way, Ballard would love to have Ramsey in a Colts' uniform.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

no offense to TY, but Andrew makes TY. 

Nonsense. Don’t tell me you’re one of them that thinks Peyton made Marv too???  TY is an awesome receiver.  He’s no Antonio Brown, but who was but Marv & Jerry???  But he’s still established himself as top flight.  They compliment each other well. Just like Peyton & Marv...

• Like 1

I think this whole Ramsey thing is much ado about nothing.

He's a confident player who spoke his mind.  I am sure the Jags' brass preferred he kept quiet but ultimately this blows over and Ramsey is a Pro Bowl player again this year probably at the expense of some of the QB's he trashed.

And everyone on here feigning the injustice to this "slight" of Luck would kill to have Ramsey on the Colts.  And they would be better for it and you'd probably be going to the game or watching on tv in his jersey.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

You don't think there are knuckleheads galore in the Colts locker room?  Let me clue you in - there are but perhaps not with a platform as big as Ramsey has.

Ramsey would fit our new defense perfectly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Bortles actually played well in the last few games of the season. I don't think he'll ever be a playmaker who elevates his team, but he might be good enough to win a SB. 

I agree about the defensive line, though. We'll see what Jackson and Campbell do this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Knuckkeheads galore?    In the current locker room?   No,  I don’t think there are.    I think there are some,  but Ballard has definitely been thinning the heard.  

That’s the whole thing about building a new culture...  get rid of the knuckleheads.

Don't get me wrong, I think starting in 2020, Ballard is going to bring in more knuckkeheads.   But by then, the locker room is going to be filled with large numbers of high character guys to make sure the knuckleheads don’t mess things up.

I'm not naive...   I know every 53 man roster has more than their share of Meat Heads...   But I believe Ballard has tried to keep them to a minimum in his first few years until he gets his locker room just right.   Then, he’ll bring in the knuckkeheads...

Just a different perspective....

To me, this is normal.  Top guys, both offensive and defensive, have talked like this for a while now.  He's just one * in a long line over the years.  It means JACK SQUAT as to what's really going on IMHO.  In fact, I'll go on record and say he's no better at trash talking than some that came before him.  He's just average.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I was about to say I agree with everyone who hates Ramsey.  Now what do you think it will take to get him??  Hahaha

He's being a clown lately, for sure, and I don't think he's a good man coverage guy, but he's big, fast, rangy and plays the ball well. He also tackles well. 

Problem is, when he hits free agency in 3 or 4 years, he'll want to be the highest paid corner in the league, and that doesn't work with the new system. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

It’s funny all the people on here who act like they wouldn’t want Ramsey on our team just because he called out half the QBs in the league including ours lol. To all of you, enjoy watching our corners get burned every week. 

I would want him on the Colts, he is a Great talent. Is he a Deion Sanders or Darrell Green, I would say no but he has game. The media has really seemed to be hyping the Jags up alot over the last couple of years and putting Ramsey on a pedestal. It could be because they have been Bad for so long and the media wants to see them do well? I have no idea. They aren't winning a SB with Bortles though, I just don't see it. In order to win it with Bortles, their Defense needs to turn into the 2000 Ravens. It is Great but not like the 2000 Ravens.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Knuckkeheads galore?    In the current locker room?   No,  I don’t think there are.    I think there are some,  but Ballard has definitely been thinning the heard.  

That’s the whole thing about building a new culture...  get rid of the knuckleheads.

Don't get me wrong, I think starting in 2020, Ballard is going to bring in more knuckkeheads.   But by then, the locker room is going to be filled with large numbers of high character guys to make sure the knuckleheads don’t mess things up.

I'm not naive...   I know every 53 man roster has more than their share of Meat Heads...   But I believe Ballard has tried to keep them to a minimum in his first few years until he gets his locker room just right.   Then, he’ll bring in the knuckkeheads...

Just a different perspective....

Knuckleheads galore went too far. That critique  by you is fair. 

But there are guys who wear the horseshoe who would say something as silly as Ramsey if given a microphone and an audience.  But no one cares what Pierre Desir has to say.  

And by the way I think the Jags are in for a fall this year. They have great talent but many defensive players had career years last year. But I also think they fall back because the knucklehead capacity they appear to have. I read that as a lack of discipline. 

Plus Blake Bortles

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Lol, I love the Colts but sometimes I forget they're in Indiana...

Then I see some posts here and remember exactly why I left.

I don't know how many posts were deleted but the person who wrote those :facepalm: comments that I read is not from Indiana. 

But I agree that this poster's comments are almost as inane as Jalen Ramsey's ludicrous comments about Luck, Big Ben and others. I'll take Luck on my team right now and would win multiple Super Bowls.

• Like 1