Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith

compuls1v3

Just now, Blueblood23 said:
12 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That is complete non sense.

Is it because the Colts have too much talent already and he can't be expected to beat them out?

No, it nonsense because a 2nd round draft pick does not have to start day 1.  It's great if they do but it's not a bad pick if they don't.

Plus at the guard position the Colts do have too much talent at the starting level... Nelson and Slausen, I didn't expect Smith to start over Slausen Day 1 and if he started over Nelson then that would mean Nelson was a bad pick.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

ignore him, he's a routine troll.

How is it trolling to expect 2nd round draft picks to start? There is no right or wrong opinion on the matter, but this is not trolling. Just because you disagree with someone, does not make the other person a troll. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

How is it trolling to expect 2nd round draft picks to start? There is no right or wrong opinion on the matter, but this is not trolling. Just because you disagree with someone, does not make the other person a troll. 

I don't think he's basing your troll status on that post alone.  

Ample evidence elsewhere (virtually everyone of your posts)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

this^

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Trolling is where someone posts something outrageous to * people off. I don't believe I have posted anything outrageous. For example: Coby Fleener was a good TE, would be trolling

1 minute ago, csmopar said:
18 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Trolling is where someone posts something outrageous to * people off. I don't believe I have posted anything outrageous. For example: Coby Fleener was a good TE, would be trolling

:facepalm:

I don't know if that deserves a face palm, that post was pretty funny.

Smith has good size, good strength and good traits. It's easy to see why they like him. I like him, but starting RT, day 1, against the leagues elite edge rushers? That's asking a lot. Practice and pre-season reps at RT, heck yes, it'll accelerate his development. Let him have at it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

If you are going to draft a player in the second round, he needs to start and contribute day 1. Guard or Tackle, makes no difference to me. 

I think day 1 starter is unrealistic; however, the player should see a decent amount of PT during his rookie year if he's going to be a good player, barring injury of course.

Generally speaking, talent and effort shows up early, IMO.  It also depends upon the level of competition at the position (but if a player is drafted in the high second round, you have to figure the GM doesn't think there is much talent at that position on the roster)

In a thin field of CBs, Hairston saw significant PT as a rookie 5th rounder. 

Heck, even Antonio Morrison saw a lot of PT his rookie year and he is a 4th rounder who stinks. 

With Good, Haeg, Webb, Howard and Clark in camp, Smith should be able to have decent PT at RT,  if he is just as good at RT as Morrison is at ILB.

But ultimately, I think the RT job is Good's to lose.  Hope he can stay healthy.

The odds say that he probably isnt ready to take on the role as RT.......  but it HAS happened

If he can beat out Good/Webb/Howard/Clark in camp......  

Give him some reps in the preseason, against the 1st team.

Hopefully we have a winner..... AND solves a problem

AND.......

We should STILL draft a OT, early, next year.

He may not STAY at RT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Nope this would oddly be something you'd be right about... 

Since being drafted Fleener (so for seasons 2012 till now), among TEs is:

13th in Targets

13th in Total Reception Yards

15th in Total Receptions

19th in Yards/Reception

12th in TDs

The biggest knock on him is his catch % (60.4%)

Not elite, not exceptional, but not bad. Certainly a serviceabl enough pass catching TE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Nope this would oddly be something you'd be right about... 

Since being drafted Fleener (so for seasons 2012 till now), among TEs is:

13th in Targets

13th in Total Reception Yards

15th in Total Receptions

19th in Yards/Reception

12th in TDs

The biggest knock on him is his catch % (60.4%)

Not elite, not exceptional, but not bad. Certainly a serviceabl enough pass catching TE.

and we've not been to the playoffs since he left...

but you just fed the troll...

Tough crowd...........

Maybe cut the guy (a fellow Colts fan) a little slack?

Opinions arent wrong..........

And no one here knows everything........

If you both were at the game, you would be high fiving each other on the Colts touchdowns.........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Tough crowd...........

Maybe cut the guy (a fellow Colts fan) a little slack?

Opinions arent wrong..........

And no one here knows everything........

If you both were at the game, you would be high fiving each other on the Colts touchdowns.........

his post/trolling history speaks for itself. Its not his opinions, its his numerous obvious trolling posts.  look at every thread he's ever started if you want proof.  We cut him slack at first, but eventually you run out of slack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Tough crowd...........

giphy.gif

Maybe @Pacergeek isn't a full-time troll, he just does it on the side sometimes...  haha

I've been quick to throw the "T Word" at a few posters like @Pacergeek and @throwing BBZ but then they go and surprise me with a normal post like this:

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

when-youre-right-youre-right.jpg

3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Aaron Rodgers was selected 24th overall, & sat behind Brett Favre for the first 3 years of his career, & that's just 1 example off the top of my head. In other words, when you say something that's so easy to prove false, it qualifies as either you were flat out wrong, or you're trolling. Take your pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1