Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Obscure Colts Game

PrincetonTiger

10 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

if memory serves, Lambert & Butkus  award and consensus all-american -- i remember him playing injured in a bowl game and coming up huge even in the loss (i think they lost to florida or fsu ).  you must have loved his hustle , he seemed to be all over the place.  sometimes players dont translate over to NFL very well and he's a good example, he did have some injuries, but he also admitted (to someone or to interviews) that he was just not cut out for NFL and the speed and violence of the game sealed the deal for him.  some would argue he had a bad-hair day and bolted, and then on espn he didn't show up for work one day because he felt upstaged by the college game-day crew.  none of that reflects negatively on Nebraska, just on what he became AFTER nebraska.  had he stuck it out for the colts, i think he would have had more street-cred and been a part of the highly paid Game-Day crew or part of NFL broadcasts, etc.  thats pretty presumptuous on my part however. 

Right on with everything you said, I agree with everything you said. It was FSU that the Huskers lost to (barely = 18-16) in the National Championship Game. Trev didn't even get a Ring. He graduated, then the Huskers won the Championship in 94 and 95. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Let’s play a game

Can you name a little known Colt?

Bonus: What are they known for?

LB Eric Naposki-1989

Serving life in prison for murder

I'm horrible at game shows, sports trivia that goes way back...Okay, 1989 isn't that far back I'll admit. Thanks for broadening my INDY knowledge nevertheless. 

I had to checkout what PT was thinking since he's not known for starting that many threads. Carry on...

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2018 at 1:43 PM, indyagent17 said:

Rob Renes, highly touted in college and a bust in the nfl

My word people say things and they don't even know what they are talking about.

1. I'm not sure how "highly touted" Renes was in college, he was a 7th round draft pick, so the expectations of him making it in the NFL were pretty low.

2.  It's hard for a 7th rounder to be a bust no matter what but then he broke a vertebrae in training camp that ended his NFL career.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

My word people say things and they don't even know what they are talking about.

1. I'm not sure how "highly touted" Renes was in college, he was a 7th round draft pick, so the expectations of him making it in the NFL were pretty low.

2.  It's hard for a 7th rounder to be a bust no matter what but then he broke a vertebrae in training camp that ended his NFL career.

Wow thanks for the degrading comment.  coaches talked about his ability to be a great pass blocker coming out and he did not escape camp!

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

Wow thanks for the degrading comment.  coaches talked about his ability to be a great pass blocker coming out and he did not escape camp!

No problem.

Rob Renes was a defensive tackle, so if you expected him to be a great pass blocker, then I can see why you were disappointed.

6 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Listen jerk, I meant pash rusher

Sure you did.

He also wasn't considered a pass rusher.  His strength was literally his strength.  

But hey, if you want to claim that a 7th round pick who fractured a vertebra  in training camp that lead to a back injury that ended his NFL career as a bust then by all means.  Just don't get cry when someone calls you out on it and claims you don't know what you're talking about.  because I think you have proven that, when it comes to Rob Renes, you don't know what you're talking about.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Sure you did.

He also wasn't considered a pass rusher.  His strength was literally his strength.  

But hey, if you want to claim that a 7th round pick who fractured a vertebra  in training camp that lead to a back injury that ended his NFL career as a bust then by all means.  Just don't get cry when someone calls you out on it and claims you don't know what you're talking about.  because I think you have proven that, when it comes to Rob Renes, you don't know what you're talking about.

WOW. someone peed in your Wheaties, He WAS a solid player at Michgan and was touted coming out of college. Not a superstar but he had lots of potential and the subject was "obscure colts" 

21 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

WOW. someone peed in your Wheaties, He WAS a solid player at Michgan and was touted coming out of college. Not a superstar but he had lots of potential and the subject was "obscure colts" 

Back to my original comment, "My word people say things and they don't even know what they are talking about."

So once it's proven that I was correct with my original comment, then someone peed in my wheaties.  People are funny.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:34 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Back to my original comment, "My word people say things and they don't even know what they are talking about."

So once it's proven that I was correct with my original comment, then someone peed in my wheaties.  People are funny.

I am glad you are perfect because the way you decided to be a jerk in that first comment it leads me to believe you are one. Be nice and this crap doesn't happen,

16 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I am glad you are perfect because the way you decided to be a jerk in that first comment it leads me to believe you are one. Be nice and this crap doesn't happen,

I'm not perfect and I may be a jerk but I usually know what I'm talking about and if I'm proven incorrect (which does happen, just not very often) I admit I was incorrect and move.  I don't try to justify my incorrectness and blame the person that pointed it out.