Let’s play a game

Can you name a little known Colt?

Bonus: What are they known for?

LB Eric Naposki-1989

Serving life in prison for murder

Peyton Manning... oh wait, wrong game :lol:

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

John Gill - 2010 DE/DT

Found face down in a ditch passed out drunk.  Had a severe alcohol addiction.  Bill Polian placed him on reserve non football illness list (basically the same as IR so he would till get paid for the season) and Jim Irsay paid for his rehab.

What a nice guy

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Let’s play a game

Can you name a little known Colt?

Bonus: What are they known for?

LB Eric Naposki-1989

Serving life in prison for murder

You just watched the Investigation Discovery story on him I'm guessing.    

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I already knew about the case but was watching the “American Greed” episode on CNBC about the case and his girlfriend 

Because no one remembers that dude being on the roster,   haha.   Maybe his parents

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You just watched the Investigation Discovery story on him I'm guessing.    

Eric Naposki

No. 91, 51

Position:Linebacker

Personal information

Born:December 20, 1966 (age 51)
New York City

Height:6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)

Weight:230 lb (104 kg)

Career information

High school:Eastchester (NY)

College:Connecticut

Undrafted:1988

Career history

New England Patriots (1988−1989)

Indianapolis Colts (1989)

Barcelona Dragons (1991−1992, 1996−1997)

Career NFL statistics

Player stats at NFL.com

Player stats at PFR

Eric Andrew Naposki (born December 20, 1966) is a convicted murderer serving life in prison without parole. He was formerly a professional football player who played in the National Football League and World League of American Football from 1988 to 1997. He played two seasons with the New England Patriots, one season with the Indianapolis Colts, and four seasons with the Barcelona Dragons, winning World Bowl V in his last season.[1] While with the Dragons, Naposki recorded 16.5 sacks in 3.5 seasons with one touchdown, one interception, and several blocked punts and field goals. He was also a reserve player in camps with the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Jets.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Eric Naposki

No. 91, 51

Position:Linebacker

Personal information

Born:December 20, 1966 (age 51)
New York City

Height:6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)

Weight:230 lb (104 kg)

Career information

High school:Eastchester (NY)

College:Connecticut

Undrafted:1988

Career history

New England Patriots (1988−1989)

Indianapolis Colts (1989)

Barcelona Dragons (1991−1992, 1996−1997)

Career NFL statistics

Player stats at NFL.com

Player stats at PFR

Eric Andrew Naposki (born December 20, 1966) is a convicted murderer serving life in prison without parole. He was formerly a professional football player who played in the National Football League and World League of American Football from 1988 to 1997. He played two seasons with the New England Patriots, one season with the Indianapolis Colts, and four seasons with the Barcelona Dragons, winning World Bowl V in his last season.[1] While with the Dragons, Naposki recorded 16.5 sacks in 3.5 seasons with one touchdown, one interception, and several blocked punts and field goals. He was also a reserve player in camps with the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Jets.

I know the story

Kerwin Bell (University of Florida) played 2 years in the World League of American Football for the Orlando Thunder in 1991 and 1992, then played one game for the Colts in 1996 completing all 5 pass attempts for 75 yards and 1 touchdown.  Passer Rating of 158.3 and never played pro football again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Trev Alberts

one of the biggest draft busts in history (sorry Nebraska fans)

I am huge Nebraska fan, that is my team in college. Started liking them as a young kid because they were always on TV and really good in the mid 80's and continued to be dominant for a long time. Unfortunately I agree with you about Trev. He was a monster when he played for the Huskers and I thought at worse he would at least be Good in the Pro's, well he wasn't, he stunk.

• Like 1

Lamont Warren - 

With a gaping hole in front of him, couldn’t pick up 1 yard on 3rd and 1 at end of 1995 championship game vs Steelers, which first down would have sealed the game and put colts in super bowl, against all odds. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am huge Nebraska fan, that is my team in college. Started liking them as a young kid because they were always on TV and really good in the mid 80's and continued to be dominant for a long time. Unfortunately I agree with you about Trev. He was a monster when he played for the Huskers and I thought at worse he would at least be Good in the Pro's, well he wasn't, he stunk.

if memory serves,  Butkus  award and consensus all-american -- i remember him playing injured in a bowl game and coming up huge even in the loss (i think they lost to florida or fsu ).  you must have loved his hustle , he seemed to be all over the place.  sometimes players dont translate over to NFL very well and he's a good example, he did have some injuries, but he also admitted (to someone or to interviews) that he was just not cut out for NFL and the speed and violence of the game sealed the deal for him.  some would argue he had a bad-hair day and bolted, and then on espn he didn't show up for work one day because he felt upstaged by the college game-day crew.  none of that reflects negatively on Nebraska, just on what he became AFTER nebraska.  had he stuck it out for the colts, i think he would have had more street-cred and been a part of the highly paid Game-Day crew or part of NFL broadcasts, etc.  thats pretty presumptuous on my part however. 

• Like 2