Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clayton Geathers may play vs Ravens

TKnight24

36 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I like Geathers but this has been a common theme throughout his career... Geathers may play this week....

If he plays an entire season for the Colts it will be a bonus... I don't think anyone is expecting it though.

As much as I like Geathers, he's another on the to cut edge for consistent injuries.  I hope he can get it together and stay healthy.  Injuries arent his fault but missing time from them still hurts the team

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As much as I like Geathers, he's another on the to cut edge for consistent injuries.  I hope he can get it together and stay healthy.  Injuries arent his fault but missing time from them still hurts the team

You do know we have to field a roster of 53 players come first game of the season right?  LOL.  Nah, seriously, I get what you are saying, and Geathers has definitely been plagued with injuries....  but I think you give him this season and if he ends up missing big stretches of time, you cut him loose at years end......  This team doesn't have the talent or depth to just cut players based on injury history just yet unfortunately, they'lll get there over the next few seasons I am sure.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I like Geathers but this has been a common theme throughout his career... Geathers may play this week....

If he plays an entire season for the Colts it will be a bonus... I don't think anyone is expecting it though.

Given Ballard's lack of moves at the S position, it would seem like he is expecting it.

The defense needs three good Ss for sub packages...and I have little hope that Green can be one of those.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You do know we have to field a roster of 53 players come first game of the season right?  LOL.  Nah, seriously, I get what you are saying, and Geathers has definitely been plagued with injuries....  but I think you give him this season and if he ends up missing big stretches of time, you cut him loose at years end......  This team doesn't have the talent or depth to just cut players based on injury history just yet unfortunately, they'lll get there over the next few seasons I am sure.

Thats exactly what I'm saying.  I'm not saying to cut these guys this very week.

54 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Given Ballard's lack of moves at the S position, it would seem like he is expecting it.

The defense needs three good Ss for sub packages...and I have little hope that Green can be one of those.

Green can fill that third safety role just fine.  He is one of the best tackling safeties on the team and his zone coverage skill is adequate.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Green can fill that third safety role just fine.  He is one of the best tackling safeties on the team and his zone coverage skill is adequate.

???? I would not put Green as 3rd. I am fairly sure Hooker and Geathers are 1&2, and Farley is 3rd.

I mean, it's like a lot of people keep forgetting Farley had a pretty solid season last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

???? I would not put Green as 3rd. I am fairly sure Hooker and Geathers are 1&2, and Farley is 3rd.

I mean, it's like a lot of people keep forgetting Farley had a pretty solid season last year.

I assumed he was talking about the 3rd if Geathers gets injured again.

Don't worry, nobody is forgetting Farley

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I assumed he was talking about the 3rd if Geathers gets injured again.

Don't worry, nobody is forgetting Farley

As for Green, I give him a little leeway.  This is what his 3rd or 4th year EVER playing safety.  Not including the bungle of placing him at CB for a while that was 'someones' boneheaded idea and set him back making progress towards truly learning his safety role.  He has the physical talent, and now that they've put him back at safety, maybe he'll actually learn something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Sheesh @csmopar you can’t cut everyone. Step away from the scissors! haha

And he’s still on his rookie deal I believe. Let him play out the season. If he’s injured more than healthy, let him walk at no cap hit or charge then draft another safety. I’m expecting a heavy defensive draft next season anyway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Sheesh @csmopar you can’t cut everyone. Step away from the scissors! haha

And he’s still on his rookie deal I believe. Let him play out the season. If he’s injured more than healthy, let him walk at no cap hit or charge then draft another safety. I’m expecting a heavy defensive draft next season anyway

scissors?  Hell, I'm using a chain saw... :lol:

12 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

If csmopar is in charge of cuts, guess we should start picking up the Browns throw-aways now I guess.                                                         :peek:

hell no.  The ONLY browns player I've ever wanted was Alex Mack at center but we don't need him now.