Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals Week 1

Alex22

7 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

We play the Bengals week 4 of the preseason and then again to start the season. 

I wonder what they were thinking when they made the schedule this year?  

Feels like we had this same topic a couple of weeks ago. 

Ahh thats why. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Brickyards going on same time. I think I may skip this one. What a mess that could be. 

The Colts game is downtown while the Brickyard is in Speedway.  Other than the Brickyard fans who take the public bus to the track there shouldn't be much of a problem.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Colts game is downtown while the Brickyard is in Speedway.  Other than the Brickyard fans who take the public bus to the track there shouldn't be much of a problem.

Yeah, I go into and out of Speedway every time I come over.  Probably a circular  route I'm sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahagga73 said:

Brickyards going on same time. I think I may skip this one. What a mess that could be. 

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I'm sure the 100 people that actually go to the brickyard still won't be much of a traffic headache.  

Dad and I used to have tickets in turn 3, 2 rows from the top from 1997 thru 2008 epic tire fail race. Used to, that place was packed. I won two tickets in 2015 and went with my brother, they didn't bother scanning my tickets at the section we were in. They were so empty, they tarped over half of each turn now. Can move around the entire track without security caring now. Pretty sad

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm sure the 100 people that actually go to the brickyard still won't be much of a traffic headache.  

Dad and I used to have tickets in turn 3, 2 rows from the top from 1997 thru 2008 epic tire fail race. Used to, that place was packed. I won two tickets in 2015 and went with my brother, they didn't bother scanning my tickets at the section we were in. They were so empty, they tarped over half of each turn now. Can move around the entire track without security caring now. Pretty sad

Yeah I remember going in 97 and 02 and it being packed. Went to that tire fiasco too . Preferred Motogp and F1 but alas no more. NASCAR actually half interesting this year , that's too bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

Yeah I remember going in 97 and 02 and it being packed. Went to that tire fiasco too . Preferred Motogp and F1 but alas no more. 

Hopefully they can save the brickyard. I just don't know what they can do short of running lights there or the roadcourse. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hopefully they can save the brickyard. I just don't know what they can do short of running lights there or the roadcourse. 

Amazing how it came full circle.  Back in the 90s everybody thought IndyCar was dead for good. NASCAR was absurdly popular. Now the 500 has pretty much reestablished it's luster as one of the premier car races again. NASCAR,  empty seats everywhere except a few places. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex22 said:

We play the Bengals week 4 of the preseason and then again to start the season. 

I wonder what they were thinking when they made the schedule this year?  

First.....

The NFL makes the regular season schedule.    They do not get involved with the preseason schedule.   The teams themselves create their own preseason schedules...

So both the Colts and Bengals knew they were playing each other week one...    and both are ok playing each other the last game of the preseason.

I don’t pretend to know why?   But if they’re ok with it,  then I’m ok with it.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

First.....

The NFL makes the regular season schedule.    They do not get involved with the preseason schedule.   The teams themselves create their own preseason schedules...

So both the Colts and Bengals knew they were playing each other week one...    and both are ok playing each other the last game of the preseason.

I don’t pretend to know why?   But if they’re ok with it,  then I’m ok with it.

images.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

That is sad, try that in months that fans of actual racing, and racing history are there though, totally different animal...... I think changing the weekend for Brickyard will help, as well..... Hope so, the more events there, the better.

52 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Opening day can only be more exciting if the Colts get a win!  I am going to the game so I hope it's a good one and I hope the Colts can actually start 1-0 this season! 

exactly.. i think we can win this game! but then again playing the Rams week 1 last year wasn't supposed to be that hard... then they go out and win 11 games last year :thinking:. Hopefully the Bengals don't have that same Luck

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

exactly.. i think we can win this game! but then again playing the Rams week 1 last year wasn't supposed to be that hard... then they go out and win 11 games last year :thinking:. Hopefully the Bengals don't have that same Luck

Colts have Luck.

Thank you, I will be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitresses.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My wife and I were at that game in LA and it was brutal to watch. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, Shafty138 said:

That is sad, try that in months that fans of actual racing, and racing history are there though, totally different animal...... I think changing the weekend for Brickyard will help, as well..... Hope so, the more events there, the better.

I think having the race where it is not 90+ degrees may help but having it and the Colts opener could hurt too.  I am going to the Brickyard because the tickets have been bought long ago. We have had a long standing reservation for seats about 20 yards from the bricks for 5 or 6 years now.  Two close friends ( we were in the Army over 40 years ago together) so it's always a good time for me.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, IinD said:

You should probably be more worried about the people from Cincy who will make the trip over to see the Bengals.

I doubt the car stuff will impact anything around the stadium.

It's an easy drive over from Cincinnati. I imagine there will be a fair amount of Bengals fans in attendance.  It's been the same when we've gone to see the Colts at Paul Brown stadium ~~ always a good showing from our Colts fans there.