Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting to see speculation on internet this morning Colts might sign a RB ?

HOF19

Mike Chappell‏Verified account @mchappell51 3h3 hours ago

More

Expecting Colts to sign a FA RB today. Running out of bodies at the position. Have as many injured RBs as healthy ones. Healthy: Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Christine Michael. Injured: Marlon Mack (ham), Robert Turbin (ankle), Josh Ferguson (unknown)…...If true they should take a look at Orleans Darkwa ……… NFL Rumors .com is reporting this 2 hours ago (might just be based on Chappell wonder what his source is )……..GO COLTS !!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Wilkins looks like the best between the tackles runner from our stable IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts on opening day, unless we sign someone else of course. 

My crystal ball is cloudy, but I see Wilkins playing a huge role, but I also believe that we will see a FA brought in

17 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Mike Chappell‏Verified account @mchappell51 3h3 hours ago

More

Expecting Colts to sign a FA RB today. Running out of bodies at the position. Have as many injured RBs as healthy ones. Healthy: Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Christine Michael. Injured: Marlon Mack (ham), Robert Turbin (ankle), Josh Ferguson (unknown)…...If true they should take a look at Orleans Darkwa ……… NFL Rumors .com is reporting this 2 hours ago (might just be based on Chappell wonder what his source is )……..GO COLTS !!!!!

In the preseason you don't want your best backs to be taking that many hits...especially when number 2 and 3 offenses are on the field. I think Darkwa would be a good signing and let him carry the rock early on and keep our best backs fresh. We have some "little" running backs. They won't be able to take the same work load that Frank gave us. They just aren't built for that.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In the preseason you don't want your best backs to be taking that many hits...especially when number 2 and 3 offenses are on the field. I think Darkwa would be a good signing and let him carry the rock early on and keep our best backs fresh. We have some "little" running backs. They won't be able to take the same work load that Frank gave us. They just aren't built for that.

Looking at his advanced splits Darkwa averaged 4.4 YDs per carry on first down in 2017. (almost 100 attempts )

22 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Did you even see the guy run on Thursday?

He's got some gas left in that tank.

I think some people here spend too much time posting about the game rather than watching it.  Turbin was clearly in mid season form.  

Whether any RB plays next season is always debatable.   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think some people here spend too much time posting about the game rather than watching it.  Turbin was clearly in mid season form.  

Whether any RB plays next season is always debatable.   

He was running like a guy who made a mistake and REALLY wants to stay on the team.  I've always liked his toughness.  He's a tone-setter, and he gets the 1st downs.  I was impressed on several "big" plays he was involved in.  

If we keep him (i hope), he should come back just when the OL is (hopefully) starting to get comfortable with each other.

i like the experience he brings to the position too.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

He was running like a guy who made a mistake and REALLY wants to stay on the team.  I've always liked his toughness.  He's a tone-setter, and he gets the 1st downs.  I was impressed on several "big" plays he was involved in.  

If we keep him (i hope), he should come back just when the OL is (hopefully) starting to get comfortable with each other.

i like the experience he brings to the position too.

he was the best of our rbs which is disturbing considering he won't be there the first four games