Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LT position

Aluckiswolverine

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Sorry let me clarify. Costanzo is good my worry is depth. I feel we have all our eggs in the Costanzo basket and the backups are trash. 

Im just a fan I’m sure Ballard sees this as well and was curious if you guys think he will try and make any accusations or trades. 

I think if CB does look for any OT if will be after the cuts, im sure there might be a good backup dropped somewhere 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, a06cc said:

We still need to draft a left tackle next season. AC is average at his best. 80.3 for his PFF marks him as average. 

PFF graded AC as the 12th best tackle and the 17th best lineman in all of  football last year.

You may be down on him,  but the person who is high on him is Chris Ballard.   CB praised AC all off season and said Castanzo is playing the best ball of his career.

I don’t think Ballard thinks AC is average.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would probably label him Above Average but that is my personal opinion. He isn't Good or Great but better than anyone we have that can play LT. 

AC is good.   Don’t let all the Danny Downers convince you otherwise.

The anti-AC crowd is wrong.   They have been since Day One.

• Like 3

Just now, richard pallo said:

Or the waiver wire at cut down day.  We claim very early.

maybe, its hard to get left tackles on the waiver wire though 

i think you usually find positions that are easier to come by there like D line and running back.  we will probably pick up someone considering our high pick 

3 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I have seen this discussed but if there is a thread mods please close this. 

I didn’t watch the game last night but every article I have read say our LT position is trash. 

What should Ballard do? I feel like Constanzo’s health makes him unreliable. 

No teams have 2 really good LTs, it’s hard enough to find one guy that’s even serviceable, let alone good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I am out of LIKES because of last night LOL. Will give you one when I get them back. Yeah I have him Above Average at worse, I can go with Good. I think people that diss him are wrong as well.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't even understand where all these false narratives about him even come from, & there are so many.

Some of the more popular ones: he gets called for holding too much, he's injured all the time, he struggles in pass protection, he doesn't set the edge on run plays, he gets paid top LT money but he's not even a top 10 LT, he's too small to play LT...

Literally not a single one of these is true. It blows my mind the things people conjure up to bash that guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't even understand where all these false narratives about him even come from, & there are so many.

Some of the more popular ones: he gets called for holding too much, he's injured all the time, he struggles in pass protection, he doesn't set the edge on run plays, he gets paid top LT money but he's not even a top 10 LT, he's too small to play LT...

Literally not a single one of these is true. It blows my mind the things people conjure up to bash that guy.

Thank you.

I appreciate your post.   I hope those who don’t like AC will read it and perhaps some take it to heart. 

It it just feels like there’s a portion of our community that once they take a position on someone or something, nothing will make them change their mind...   they believe what they believe and that is that...   (Sigh...)

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

We still need to draft a left tackle next season. AC is average at his best. 80.3 for his PFF marks him as average. 

PFF is just a marker that doesn't take into consideration all the other aspects of the game of football.  To me, it's where people who don't know what their looking at go to find an opinion. 

For those of you that don't understand AC's value, soak in last night!  What was really disappointing was the RT play.  I was hoping Howard could play, he was just awful, as was pretty much everyone else in that role.  Our hope seems to be AC comes back and stays healthy and Haeg seems to be the next best tackle on the roster except he's not really a tackle.  

30 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Agreed, it's one of the dumbest recurring opinions on this forum.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

He’s a average to good. I’m saying we have nothing good behind Castonzo. I hope this minor injury doesn’t nag him all season. 

I'd say above average, but that's splitting hairs. And I think they're just being cautious. They know he's a vet & doesn't need the preseason game reps the way some of the younger guys do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.

I appreciate your post.   I hope those who don’t like AC will read it and perhaps some take it to heart. 

It it just feels like there’s a portion of our community that once they take a position on someone or something, nothing will make them change their mind...   they believe what they believe and that is that...   (Sigh...)

Good discussion on AC. I agree that he is underrated on this Board and is a critical piece for the Colts' offense. But it is also true that the depth is woeful at that position. Haeg has no business playing LT. He is a valuable sub at the other positions but not LT. Either someone emerges soon (could Clark be that guy?) or the Colts will have to do some shopping. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.

"Troll" is the word you seek.

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

Good discussion on AC. I agree that he is underrated on this Board and is a critical piece for the Colts' offense. But it is also true that the depth is woeful at that position. Haeg has no business playing LT. He is a valuable sub at the other positions but not LT. Either someone emerges soon (could Clark be that guy?) or the Colts will have to do some shopping. 

Well...   I’m guessing the coaches don’t agree with you.

AC was out and it was Haeg who started to protect Luck.

Heck, Howard didn’t start and Clark didn’t start there either.   Webb, who just got plucked off the street a week ago,  got the nod at RT.    Clark appears to be a disappointment with this new staff as well.

Hey,  I’ve been defending Clark since the night we drafted him.   So we’re at two and a half years and the light apparently still hasn’t gone on yet.

A tremendous shame.   He’s got all the physical tools.   But he can’t seem to put things together....   (Sigh...). 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

PFF graded AC as the 12th best tackle and the 17th best lineman in all of  football last year.

You may be down on him,  but the person who is high on him is Chris Ballard.   CB praised AC all off season and said Castanzo is playing the best ball of his career.

I don’t think Ballard thinks AC is average.

Your a PFF bible Pastor. According to that 80.3 is average. I’m not going to sit here and argue with you. Just look it up. That light green color according to them means average. 

4 hours ago, Rally5 said:

PFF is just a marker that doesn't take into consideration all the other aspects of the game of football.  To me, it's where people who don't know what their looking at go to find an opinion. 

For those of you that don't understand AC's value, soak in last night!  What was really disappointing was the RT play.  I was hoping Howard could play, he was just awful, as was pretty much everyone else in that role.  Our hope seems to be AC comes back and stays healthy and Haeg seems to be the next best tackle on the roster except he's not really a tackle.  

Your a person that will use PFF to hype a player each week. Again I’m going to be like everyone else here. That light green coloring indicates him at 80.3 as average. 

22 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Your a person that will use PFF to hype a player each week. Again I’m going to be like everyone else here. That light green coloring indicates him at 80.3 as average. 

I don't use PFF, nor do I care about their "rankings."

AC is fine. It’s the depth behind him that is non-existent.

Unfortunately, this is another byproduct of the Grigson era, and the Colts will be dealing with his set backs for a few more years. In his entire 5 drafts he never drafted an OT that you could label “decent”. And you can’t put it on Ballard. There’s only so many draft picks and you don’t want to go crazy spending cap money on band-aids.

LT specifically is a huge question mark after AC. At RT Good can probably get you through a game or two and Smith is also a possibility. 2019, Ballard will have to draft a tackle though. But the LT situation is the unfortunate reality of the Colts. We still have plenty of holes. We’ll just have to trust the process until then.