Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Veon Bell Lurking

tvturner

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I'm lost lol....maybe cause I'm not up to he times with social media

Basically, Every time a post is made on InstaGram regarding Luck or TY he's replying to the post with "eyeballs" or commenting something like "I see you". 

The implication being that he would like to come here in 2019. Lots of reading between the lines on this one. McAfee was talking about it today too

• Thanks 1

2019?   As a free agent?    Possible, but not likely.   Bell is going to have a ton of miles on him and will want roughly $45 mill just in guaranteed money.   You think Irsay wants to do that for a veteran RB?   Not likely.

2018?    Make a trade for him now?   Not happening.   Zero percent chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

2019?   As a free agent?    Possible, but not likely.   Bell us going to gave a ton of miles on him and will want roughly $45 mill just in guaranteed money.   You think Irsay wants to do that for a veteran RB?   Not likely.

2018?    Make a trade for him now?   Not happening.   Zero percent chance. 

He might not have a ton of miles if he holds true to sitting out this year. Fresh legs for next year lol.

One of those things that I like the idea of but not the practicality. Great talent but statistically, Pittsburgh has averaged more points per game without him than with him since he’s been on the team. He’s got a ton of miles on him and will want to be the highest paid ever at a position that is becoming less relevant every year. 

45 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Basically, Every time a post is made on InstaGram regarding Luck or TY he's replying to the post with "eyeballs" or commenting something like "I see you". 

The implication being that he would like to come here in 2019. Lots of reading between the lines on this one. McAfee was talking about it today too

Ahhhhhh, I gotcha lol

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know if I’d pay what he’s going to want especially if the Colts stable of young guys produce this year.

Exactly. Hes a fabulous player but with a load of miles, and big hits,  on those legs. He deserves better than the Steelers have provided, but I wouldn't put the $ down for him if I were the Colts. Focus on the D next year and continue to build it up with talent. Spend your money on one or two FA difference makers, perhaps a pass rusher and WR. Stay away from older players, especially RBs. 

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know if I’d pay what he’s going to want especially if the Colts stable of young guys produce this year.

I'd have mixed emotions about it. If he truly wants to play for the Colts, then maybe Ballard could sign him for below what he's trying to get from Pittsburgh, but I have a hard time believing that'll actually happen. Plus, he has a lot of miles on him, but he's a veteran presence. I dunno... all in all, I don't see it happening, but it's kinda fun to talk about.

No thanks. Great player, and he probably has a couple more good years in him (maybe; some analysis suggests he's already started slowing down), but he wants BIG money at a position where his production is very replaceable. 

And then we have the young guys, who have a really good shot at producing at a high level already.

I can't see giving a late 20s RB $15m+/year. 

• Like 2

Can anyone really see Ballard paying a 6th year RB anywhere near what he wants?  Especially the way we think Reich is going to use RBs, and their average career?

Use that money to bring in three really good FAs to bolster the D.  

Bell should start eyeballing the Browns, they’re good for dumb moves like that.  

• Like 1

Bell coming here depends on two things:

1. How much money he wants

and 

2. If our RBs are any good this year

He's an elite talent both in the rushing and passing game and he has years left. If our RBs sputter and Le'Veon is asking for the moon I wouldn't mind bringing him here. He's fed up with Pittsburgh

5 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

One of those things that I like the idea of but not the practicality. Great talent but statistically, Pittsburgh has averaged more points per game without him than with him since he’s been on the team. He’s got a ton of miles on him and will want to be the highest paid ever at a position that is becoming less relevant every year. 

Agree, he wants too much and is all about himself. He is an elite back and can continue to be for at least 3-4 years. After that who knows. Doubt we bite on him. 

Probably won’t happen. But if you put Bell with Luck and TY our offense immediately becomes top 3 if not number 1.  Imagine the feasting Luck would do off of play action???  

I wouldn’t break the bank but if CB can work some magic and get us an out after 2-3 years I’d do it.  I can see us getting to the Super Bowl with that offense and just a respectable defense in the next 3 years. 

I’d rather get K. Mack though.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tvturner said:

Bell coming here depends on two things:

1. How much money he wants

and 

2. If our RBs are any good this year

He's an elite talent both in the rushing and passing game and he has years left. If our RBs sputter and Le'Veon is asking for the moon I wouldn't mind bringing him here. He's fed up with Pittsburgh

Just maybe it is Pittsburgh that is fed up with his diva attitude?

With the miles he has and the money he wants, there is no way in hades.

I don't buy it.  The Colts have a storied history of NOT bringing in players with "baggage."  Bell has had contract issues seemingly every year.  How many times has he been suspended?

I just don't see the Colts going after a guy like that, no matter how talented.  The Colts have enough off field problems that have nothing to do with the players.