Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collts @ Seahawks Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Practicing and training with the Goat has to do wonders for your confidence. We’ll probably help get the kid a job like we did for the kicker that went to Philly a few years ago.  I can’t remember his name. He helped me win a fantasy football league that year. 

How many years did Vinny sign for?  At some point we have to try to stash a kicker on the practice squad the year before he hangs it up.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Wilkins running style reminds me a bit of Lamont Warren... He has a little grace to him for a big man. 

Lamont Warren. That name is a blast from the past. 

Then Walker throws a strike to make me look bad. :headspin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

That sound you hear is Hines tumbling down the RB depth chart...

Hines’ mistakes are coming on special teams. I don’t think he’ll drop too far on the RB depth charts.  He’ll have till next game to prove these were just game 1 jitters. 

Having such a hard time creating pressure on the passer, i have no idea why we don't give Ridgeway more of a chance. He's been our best pressure creator the last couple years. I know it's third stringers now, but even last year on per snap basis Ridgeway was effective rushing the passer. 

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I said as much in an earlier post....

Nevertheless, it is very disappointing.

I’m not writing the kid off yet but when you keep using mid round picks to find RBs then chances are good you get your fair share of disappointments. You get what you pay for most of the time.  That said...I’m still holding out hope for him. I really want him to succeed here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I’m not writing the kid off yet but when you use mid round picks on RBs chances are good you get your fair share of disappointments. You get what you pay for most of the time.  That said...I’m still holding out hope for him. I really want him to succeed here. 

Absolutely. One game does not make a career. I have seen hall of famers have some very bad days in their first NFL game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

That was ugly. 

There was no reason...

That is the type of play that could send camp fodder home early. 

And as I typed this he was disqualified. Deserving so. Get him out of the game and give him a head start to his next career. 

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I’m not writing the kid off yet but when you keep using mid round picks to find RBs then chances are good you get your fair share of disappointments. You get what you pay for most of the time.  That said...I’m still holding out hope for him. I really want him to succeed here. 

Has he been bad running the ball or just on the punt returns?