Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collts @ Seahawks Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I think the most glaring thing on our offense is protecting the ball. 6 fumbles. SIX! Luckily we only lost 1, but we won’t always be that lucky if we keep putting the ball on the ground. 

Good point!

We actually had 7!

Fumbles (Number-Lost) 7 - 1

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Someone will have to for the first 4 weeks. 

Someone has to emerge in preseason. I think Wilkins has the best chance. 

Yeah. You’re right. The first 4 weeks will be very telling. Wilkins definitely looks like he has the physicality for the job. Neither he nor Hines look scared of contact out there.  Both will get used this year. 

We actually looked like a team again with our QB back and a faster Defense and only 1 silly Penalty. I know it's only Pre-Season and I always say Pre-Season is meaningless but for the guys we have now, Pre-Season is a bit important. Luck hadn't played in a long time and we have new Coaches and new Players. Seattle hates losing in Pre-Season as well. Pete Carroll is 34-14 in Pre-Season in his career. He takes Pre-Season serious believe it or not. I didn't even think Wilson would play and he even played a Qtr.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

But isn't Simon too small to be a 4-3 DE? LOL!

Caesar Rayford was a star of preseason, also got multiple sacks: 1 vs. Bills, 2 vs. Giants, 2 vs. Browns. Was traded right after preseason for late round pick. And ability to get sacks is not only one needed for complete 4-3 DE. So, yeah, LOL.

6 hours ago, K-148 said:

Caesar Rayford was a star of preseason, also got multiple sacks: 1 vs. Bills, 2 vs. Giants, 2 vs. Browns. Was traded right after preseason for late round pick. And ability to get sacks is not only one needed for complete 4-3 DE. So, yeah, LOL.

they dont really have to be complete to get snaps there though

i could see simon playing DE on passing downs and maybe off the field or playing linebacker on running downs 

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they dont really have to be complete to get snaps there though

i could see simon playing DE on passing downs and maybe off the field or playing linebacker on running downs 

Situational pass rusher for 3,3 mil? For team in rebuild mode? Too much money. And 2 sacks in preseason game is not something to be happy about. Just like Rayford.