Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• We get it, you really dislike Chad Kelly on this team. But to your points of if there is a draft able guy the organization thinks is a potential franchise guy, you take him regardless of who is on the qb staff imho. Just short of having a Luck or Manning type guy, you absolutely don’t let potential guys make your decision. Now, unless we are getting a FA franchise QB put in front of us, I think you take a real hard look at who you have now. Maybe you take a third round guy and let him compete against CK and JB in the preseason period. Maybe Kelly has completely gotten the message and understands his actions of a privileged (relative of Jim K) doesn’t mean much if you don’t grow up fast in the nfl. Maybe he hasn’t, the team will know though. Kelly isn’t at the stage where he is going to command any contract worth note yet so you have time with him. Let’s say just for fun, Kelly pans out big time and now you have your 3rd rounder QB, who also shows solid promise. Now you have choices and you also have a potential tradeable asset. I just don’t see the downside here. We all seen Ryan Leaf and Jeff George deal with being a spoiled kid. Neither could hide it long. Eventually though, George grew up, sadly, Leaf did not. Everything in the nfl is a crapshoot, nothing is absolute. I trust the brass to make an informed decision on who to keep though. Neither of us get that burden. 
    • Yeah I do not think he takes it well which is why I have been wondering about it.
    • Depends on the health of the team. Also I think the team around him will be better because of another Ballard draft. I doubt Reich has 2 losing seasons in a row.
    • Not good and that’s why it makes sense to cut him with Hoyer on the books for 2 more seasons. Hoyer knows what he is, a backup. Jacoby just doesn’t know that yet!    I doubt Jacoby could mentor anymore than Hoyer,  if indeed Ballard goes QB in Rd 1.
    • In the 5 years I have been here I think JB has got more criticism in here than any other player or coach. I thought Grigson and Pagano got a lot but JB has them blown away. JB even blows away Trent Richardson  .  What is funny is JB isn't even that bad, he may not be a franchise QB but is average at worse. 
  • Members

• MPStack

MPStack 2,938

• chad72

chad72 10,378

• Nickster

Nickster 274

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 24,448

• Shepman

Shepman 241

• Calmack