Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Callaway Cited for marijuana possession

Reidm

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Somehow I don't think bongs were designed to smoke tobacco in.

That has long been an ploy to make the sales of them legal.

no, of course not.  but the sales of them (and therefore possession) of them is legal.  I don't think they can do anything unless there's resin on it.  IOW, either never use it or clean it spotless after every use. lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Oh no! Marijuana? In America? Smoked by  young people? What's next, premarital sex? Useless thread

Thread isn't useless.  The player was cited for possession which could have an impact on his playing career.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are aware you can get busted for a bong don't you?

I don't think people are getting "busted" for bongs...  I'm pretty sure at this point, possession of paraphernalia is basically just a ticket in states where marijuana is still illegal.  For now.  Won't be long before it's all perfectly legal everywhere as long as you aren't operating motor vehicles or heavy machinery (like alcohol) and only using in designated public areas (like cigarettes).

Police have way better things to do than bust a pothead for a bong... at least they'd better be using my tax money for something better than busting potheads for bongs!

But that's all irrelevant if your employer has a policy (like the NFL).  Callaway messed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't think people are getting "busted" for bongs...  I'm pretty sure at this point, possession of paraphernalia is basically just a ticket in states where marijuana is still illegal.  For now.  Won't be long before it's all perfectly legal everywhere as long as you aren't operating motor vehicles or heavy machinery (like alcohol) and only using in designated public areas (like cigarettes).

Police have way better things to do than bust a pothead for a bong... at least they'd better be using my tax money for something better than busting potheads for bongs!

But that's all irrelevant if your employer has a policy (like the NFL).  Callaway messed up.

Sorry, in the state of Indiana you can get arrested for paraphernalia. It is often an added charge when someone is busted for weed. It is the cops choice to either bust or write a ticket.

It is a class C misdemeanor. If the person has a prior conviction it is a class A misdemeanor.

Then only exception is rolling papers.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Oh no! Marijuana? In America? Smoked by  young people? What's next, premarital sex? Useless thread

Lol... people don't get it. It's not about the marijuana. It's about his inability to be a professional, about his total lack of discipline and horrible decisions dating years back and repeating themselves again and again and again.

I couldn't care less about whether some random dude smokes pot in his free time every day all day all year long. I care if I'm giving that random dude millions of dollars to be on the field where one of the conditions is for him to not smoke. This is not about moral outrage, this is about paying millions and allocating your team's resources in assets that won't burn into oblivion as quickly as a joint. 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For what it's worth, most people don't drive around town 

chiefing on a water bong and the DEA has bigger fish to fry

than to kick in doors of homes with paraphernalia.

There are many health benefits in this product, unlike alcohol

which is legal all across America. 

4 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

For what it's worth, most people don't drive around town 

chiefing on a water bong and the DEA has bigger fish to fry

than to kick in doors of homes with paraphernalia.

There are many health benefits in this product, unlike alcohol

which is legal all across America. 

Look, I am not going to get into the pros and cons of smoking weed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J@son said:

Thread isn't useless.  The player was cited for possession which could have an impact on his playing career.  

Check out the stats on the number of pro athletes that openly admit they smoke. The NBA is pushing for refer to be removed from their illegal substance rule. The Astros have signed a bad boy last week if you want to bad boys. 

10 hours ago, J@son said:

Exactly right...Gotta stay off the weed...if you want to play in the NFL.....

They drug test....and they tell you when......he'll wise up....

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Check out the stats on the number of pro athletes that openly admit they smoke. The NBA is pushing for refer to be removed from their illegal substance rule. The Astros have signed a bad boy last week if you want to bad boys. 

For right now, all of what you just said is completely irrelevant. It's banned in the NFL and until that changes, players gotta play by the rules... Or don't get caught. 

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

For right now, all of what you just said is completely irrelevant. It's banned in the NFL and until that changes, players gotta play by the rules... Or don't get caught. 

The thing is the players are warned before they are drug tested. They know ahead of time when the testing is and their own ignorance is what gets them caught.

If they don't have sense enough to know how to beat the system it is their own stupidity.

Risking losing out on the money these players are getting paid just to get high is also IMO pretty stupid.

No matter what side of the fence you are on losing what you have worked most your life for seems pretty stupid to me anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Killer" reefer went out with the film "Reefer Madness". Fine them for reefer and for not standing for the anthem proves what? Why not create rules for hair length and facial hair to enhance the false image that the NFL is next to God and purity? Remember the number of players that smoke dope is not the number of those caught.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

"Killer" reefer went out with the film "Reefer Madness". Fine them for reefer and for not standing for the anthem proves what? Why not create rules for hair length and facial hair to enhance the false image that the NFL is next to God and purity? Remember the number of players that smoke dope is not the number of those caught.

The players getting caught are the ones who are stupid.  They know exactly when they are going to be tested. If they don't have the sense enough to show self control it is their own fault.

You may think different but you are not one of the owners.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Somehow I don't think bongs were designed to smoke tobacco in.

That has long been an ploy to make the sales of them legal.

Doesn't matter, so long as no residue is found in it, they can't prove otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Doesn't matter, so long as no residue is found in it, they can't prove otherwise.

This is true but how many people who use bongs clean and sterilize their bongs after using them? 

That also does not stop being charged with paraphernalia when it is found with cannabis.

Making this an argumentative issue dumbfounds me.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is true but how many people who use bongs clean and sterilize their bongs after using them? 

That also does not stop being charged with paraphernalia when it is found with cannabis.

I know, so why did you? 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

And you are the one who chimed in and said it was illegal to start with, starting the whole debate. But carry on.

You are the one who chimed in and said if the residue found in it they couldn't prove anything.

Yeah, like that was going to happen. You are either void of the knowledge of people smoking cannabis out of bongs or just trying to instigate negativity.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are the one who chimed in and said if the residue found in it they couldn't prove anything.

Yeah, like that was going to happen. You are either void of the knowledge of people smoking cannabis out of bongs or just trying to instigate negativity.

That's besides the point of you starting the debate. Regardless, I think you underestimate people and are stereotyping.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What are you even talking about? Underestimating and stereotyping? Sorry, I refuse to buy into your boloney.

His post really wasn't that difficult to follow.  You're stereotyping weed smokers who use bongs when you say:

Yeah, like that was going to happen. You are either void of the knowledge of people smoking cannabis out of bongs or just trying to instigate negativity.

You're saying that those who smoke cannabis out of bongs aren't the kind of people that would clean and sanitize the bong after every use.  That's a stereotype by definition, and the underestimating part is because perhaps some of those people DO clean and sanitize it after every use.  

56 minutes ago, J@son said:

His post really wasn't that difficult to follow.  You're stereotyping weed smokers who use bongs when you say:

You're saying that those who smoke cannabis out of bongs aren't the kind of people that would clean and sanitize the bong after every use.  That's a stereotype by definition, and the underestimating part is because perhaps some of those people DO clean and sanitize it after every use.  

Come on J@son, I have been around pot smokers for 47 years. I used to partake in smoking pot myself early in my life and still to this day partake once in a while.

Not one time have I ever seen a bong cleaned and sanitized after use. 

I am not stereotyping myself or anyone else. 

49 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Stereotype and underestimating all in one thought.

Not today. 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Come on J@son, I have been around pot smokers for 47 years. I used to partake in smoking pot myself early in my life and still to this day partake once in a while.

Not one time have I ever seen a bong cleaned and sanitized after use. 

I am not stereotyping myself or anyone else. 

Not today. 

By definition, yes you are.  Just because you haven't done it nor seen it done doesn't mean that represents every single pot smoker on the planet.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2018 at 8:10 AM, crazycolt1 said:

... This post (by you) started the whole side-topic of bongs being legal...

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are either void of the knowledge of people smoking cannabis out of bongs or just trying to instigate negativity.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Seriously?  I really didn't expect this kind of argumentative relay with you.

I have seen you do this in these forums more times than I can count... When anyone replies to you with a different opinion throughout the conversation, you declare them argumentative and try to dismiss their opinion because they're "attacking" you, when all they're doing is not letting you be dismissive and invalidate their opinion...

If you are unwilling to have a conversation with people that disagree with you, then don't chime in with your opinion in the first place... and if you're done with the conversation, then just stop talking, or bow out gracefully without declaring people argumentative or ignorant.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

... This post (by you) started the whole side-topic of bongs being legal...

I have seen you do this in these forums more times than I can count... When anyone replies to you with a different opinion throughout the conversation, you declare them argumentative and try to dismiss their opinion because they're "attacking" you, when all they're doing is not letting you be dismissive and invalidate their opinion...

If you are unwilling to have a conversation with people that disagree with you, then don't chime in with your opinion in the first place... and if you're done with the conversation, then just stop talking, or bow out gracefully without declaring people argumentative or ignorant.

The subject is bongs. I do know about the use and have been around them for 47 years. I think I know about them and the people who use them. Like I said. Not one time have I ever seen anyone clean and sanitize them after every use. Maybe there are some that do but that amount would be minute. If you think using examples of less that .2% of bong users cleaning and sanitizing their bongs is stereotyping then all that is being argumentative.