Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Swoope a trade candidate?

PrincetonTiger

25 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya he’s only be worth a 7th to other teams, but he’s good depth for us. CB wouldn’t take a 7th and nobody will give more than a 7th 

If they decide on 4 TE's and one of those is not Swoope, Ballard would absolutely take a 7th for him.  Why not get something for a guy you are going to cut anyway.

Personally I think a more likely scenario is they keep Doyle, Ebron, Swoope and Travis on the 53 and try to sneak Mo Allie Cox onto the practice squad.

• Thanks 1

I don't think the Colts would get anything worth giving him up for.   The Browns only got a 2020 7th round pick for Coleman.   Coleman was a mid 1st round pick in 2016 and looked good in the time he played so far.  

Besides, I think the Colts are going to need to run allot of 2 TE sets this season and an injury to Ebron or Doyle would be huge.  Ebron may play more of a WR role.

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think the Colts would get anything worth giving him up for.   The Browns only got a 2020 7th round pick for Coleman.   Coleman was a mid 1st round pick in 2016 and looked good in the time he played so far.  

Besides, I think the Colts are going to need to run allot of 2 TE sets this season and an injury to Ebron or Doyle would be huge.  Ebron may play more of a WR role.

Hasn't there been some 3 TE sets they've ran during training camp? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

Wells is not in position to trade Swoope, so his opinion does not make Swoope a trade candidate.

Only if Chris Ballard wants to trade him, would Swoope become a trade candidate.

You're kidding me.  

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Here is a Colt example

2006 Colts traded a 2008 7th Round Pick to Baltimore for DE Ryan LaCaase

RL played only 12 games in the NFL(all for Indy)

I'd rather have depth at a heavily used position (TE) in Reich's offense.   For a late-round pick, i see more value in keeping him.

if Doyle or Ebron goes down, we'd go from a position of strength to a potential weakness.  

Personally, for a 6th or 7th, i'd only trade a guy that was getting cut anyway.  Which i'm sure was the case with that DL.  We also traded a K (who would be cut) to Philly a few years back.

for us to invest all that time in Swoope, then trade him for peanuts before potentially his most prepared year is foolish, imo.