Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My First Season Away - How Do I Watch

crazyrob

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Your mistake was walking in to that store... Probably the least knowledgeable people when it comes to support. I’m surprised they didn’t sell you that it only works on the brand new Samsung! Ha!

A girl  in there heckled me about being a Colts fan. She was a Bengal fan. lol  Anyway i ended up calling Verizon on the phone and spent an hour with a tech and still couldnt get the live feed to work on my phone. My app is up to date and works for everything but that. I use to turn it on and listen to them talk on there for an hour or so a day while i workout. When it updated last i lost the ability to do that. I e-mailed the NFL Network about it but have not been responded to yet. My wife  has it on her phone and it doesn't work for her either. I watched the Hall of Fame game on it and the draft but this new update changed everything.

On 8/7/2018 at 4:17 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I tried to buy that mobile subscription & DirectTV wouldn't let me. I don't understand why it needs to be SO difficult to watch a football game, I'm happy to pay to be able to watch it on my iPad, & they're just like "nope, your money's no good here."

So I pretty much have to go to the bar, which is lame because just to get the Colts game on a TV, I have to beat all the Broncos fans there, which is next to impossible.

Yeah, I have to try the sports bar experience this yr for the first time as well since I no longer have Direct TV anymore & I didn't grow up in the selfie obsessed cell phone era. Therefore, my existence is not defined by social media period & my self worth is not bound by technology either. 

On 8/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, Smonroe said:

I know it’s because the local advertisers want you to see their commercials.

But you’d think if they offered a ‘one team’ package it would even out with away fans in different markets.  It all comes down to the Benjamins.  

Thank you for saying that SMRE. I wish the one team package was a reality. It blows when you live out of market & have to pay for all or nothing. That's not a choice DTV; it's extortion created by a monopoly.

Also, it bothers me when society acts like you're a neanderthal if a person living in the 21st Century doesn't own a iPhone or computer. I own a computer obviously to surf the forum & keep updated on INDY's prospects & wins etc. It just annoys me when people think you're a creature from another planet if your phone isn't attached at the hip. End rant. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Franklin County said:

A girl  in there heckled me about being a Colts fan. She was a Bengal fan. lol 

Seriously, a Bengals fan mocked your INDY loyalty? O Kay. I applaud you for your dignified restraint FC. You're a better man than I am. Bravo sir. 

My response to that employee's snickering/mocking of the Blue Horseshoe:

How many Lombardi's does Marvin Lewis have again as a head coach? I forget. Rhetorical sarcasm. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NagelHausForge said:

I am in the same boat... Recently was relocated with the military and now I am trying to find out how to watch the Colts this season... 

Don't have Verizon

Don't have Direct TV

Not eligible for the NFL Sunday Ticket online package due to my location (Didn't really wanna pay $80 a month anyways)...

What is a fan to do!!?? LOL

Talk about a travesty. DTV & NFL Network should be coming up with an alternative method for people serving in all the branches of the military to watch NFL games for free or a substantially reduced rate. I realize of course that watching Colts games on a submarine under water might be next to impossible. Men & women are serving our country with dignity & honor making huge sacrifices & we can't give them a nice football diversion? Sigh...

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

That stinks.  I guess a sports bar is your best option.  There are some shady websites and other ways, but I’d avoid them.

They really should have something for guys in the service.  

Amen SMRE. I couldn't agree more. When I think of deployments, red tape, & trying to get a familiar taste of home with an INDY game, we owe or service men & women much better than this. If the league wanted to demonstrate how much they valued sacrifice & time away from loved ones, they would provide NFL games at a bare minimum. It's the least they could do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, HtownColt said:

I just use NFL GamePass.

Yeah. I live in central Illinois, sometimes we get the games , sometimes not. If I'm not at a game  I  just listen to the radio call and then  watch it later.  Not bad for 99 bucks.