Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is leading the WR race? Obviously TY Hilton and

NannyMcafee

Ryan Grant. According to coaches they like him the most as the next WR behind TY, but I don’t expect it to stay that way by the end of this season. Grant will assume the slot position imo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/916746002

its interesting because this is nearly the first time I have heard Grants name pop up. I forgot we even signed him. 

Reich also said do not put a lot of thought into the current roster/depth chart. You will have movement still and a guy like Rogers and Cain could always out play all pre-season and get the nod. I think right now they see Grant as a dependable possession guy. I just want to see everyone continue to improve and work with Wayne. Guys like KJ Brent can still impress and grab a spot imo. Very beginning right now with plenty of time to impress and show consistency.

On a side note I see a lot of 3 TE formations being used and also Hines/RB's being moved pre snap for mismatches. I am very excited to see Reich do weekly plans and not just the same crap week in and week out.

This is a year where I am actually very interested in the WR position.  Usually I am more interested in the RBs and TEs but for some reason this group of young WRs plus TY and Rogers has piqued my interest!  Should be fun to see who shakes out.

I've read lots of good things about several of the young guys so I think it is still very much up for grabs on who shakes out at #2 and #3.  I gotta imagine #2 is Rogers' spot to lose right now.

5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ryan Grant. According to coaches they like him the most as the next WR behind TY, but I don’t expect it to stay that way by the end of this season. Grant will assume the slot position imo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/916746002

its interesting because this is nearly the first time I have heard Grants name pop up. I forgot we even signed him. 

Im not surprised.  TY mentioned him yesterday as well during an interview.  Says the dude just flat catches footballs, not fancy just a hard worker.

I think right now our WRs are going to be OK.

TY

Grant

Cain/Rogers

Who we keep after rogers, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Im not surprised.  TY mentioned him yesterday as well during an interview.  Says the dude just flat catches footballs, not fancy just a hard worker.

TY

Grant

Cain/Rogers

I really hope Rogers finally breaks through and I am curious to see how Fountain is doing 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol. Grant besides TY, are the only WR's that have caught any significant amount of nfl passes. 

Who else will be listed as #2 ?

This is the truth, Cain might be out playing Grant in training camp but he has never seen real game action, thus he will stay behind Grant for the time being.

• Like 1

The interesting thing is that Luck will sort-of have to rebuild chemistry with this group. TY is cemented as we all know. The others though.... Grant has zero chemistry with Luck. I do think Cain has a great opportunity to build chemistry regardless of Grant's experience. Given Grant is new to Indy/Luck, and only on a one year deal, you have to think Colt's management would love to see Cain emerge as well. It will be interesting.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

TY

Grant

Cain/Rogers

That reminds me a lot of Gary Brackett.

not a ton of talent but the heart and will to succeed.  Which put him over the top. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

Thats possible, but i would lean more towards Hines or Ebron getting alot of slot work just my thoughts

Interesting take. I can see that happening a lot but neither guy is a slot WR. Grant could be that. I don’t see him being a pure #2, not while Cain is around. Cain controls his own destiny right now. IMO. It’s all just opinions lol

• Like 1