Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF: Best defensive players in college football(pre-season)

A big question for me right now is, is Sutton Smith a Dwight Freeney/Robert Mathias type of undersized pass rusher or is he more of the Corey Moore type? Freeney wasn't that undersized, just shorter than ideal. Sutton's highlight tape is really pretty awesome but I haven't sat down and watched his game film yet. They did mention in the video above that he's reportedly up to 240lbs. now, so that's encouraging to say the least. 

I think DT is a point of weakness on our roster, as we've shifted our defensive front. Also I wonder what the young guys at DE bring. Personally, I think Ballard will draft BPA but if it's a tie I see him bolstering the trenches over the secondary. 

18 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts need help everywhere on defense. I’m hoping they snag 2 game changers on defense.

My apologies for sounding like a broken record.....

But we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.....    and I hope the Colts use ALL OF THEM on defense.     How about DT/DE/LB/CB.....

I suspect my view will be in the minority,  but that's what I'd like to see happen.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My apologies for sounding like a broken record.....

But we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.....    and I hope the Colts use ALL OF THEM on defense.     How about DT/DE/LB/CB.....

I suspect my view will be in the minority,  but that's what I'd like to see happen.....

If it wasn’t for the issues at OT I’d agree with you. We might need at least one high quality tackle. Everything else should be defense. Ballard needs to figure out how to get some extra picks again. Need help at CB, DT, LB, and DE.