Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/6/2018

TKnight24

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Why oh why does the league insist on stupid late start times for Thursday night games 

Yeah, not sure. I’m east coast so it’ll be 10pm start time for me so it probably won’t finish until almost 1am. Especially with that new helmet rule and the replay delay that has 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Yeah, not sure. I’m east coast so it’ll be 10pm start time for me so it probably won’t finish until almost 1am. Especially with that new helmet rule and the replay delay that has 

Put some caffeine in that apple juice and stay up with the rest of us! You can do it. I believe in you! :thmup:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

These physical practices may be a bad idea. Almost half the draft class out today, and plenty more injuries. Already not enjoying this.

Given how physical the jags are we need these physical pratices

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Practice how you play. If you're going to get injured in practice. You're going to get injured in a game

Rather get injured in the game. At least they make it to the game that way and it's somewhat random. The way we're doing it, we won't even make it to the game to get injured, and we'll lose more players in the game after that.

25 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Pretty sure we don't get this game live in the East. At least that's what my DVR says. It's set for 4am Friday to record.

I could be wrong though.

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It will only make them stronger

It will only make the team weaker and our depth weaker as well as a worse record. This is going to backfire if a bunch of our players miss multiple games. Don't take me seriously, since I'm not a GM or Coach, my opinion doesn't matter. I know what I'm talking about though, and I'm sick of this team suffering injuries. This just increases it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Pretty sure we don't get this game live in the East. At least that's what my DVR says. It's set for 4am Friday to record.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah we don’t get it live but I’ll be watching via bad word not permitted in this thread so I won’t say it but I’m sure you know what I mean :thmup:

And then I’ll set the DVR to record it at 4am and watch that replay as well 

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

7 pm isn't late in Seattle. 

Over half the viewership of the NFL lives in the Eastern Timezone.  10 pm means a huge drop in viewership, granted its preseason but that makes it even worse.

30 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

yeah

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We also need a football team. Players are dropping like flies and we haven't even played a preseason game yet.

um... hate to break it to you, but as far as the last 5 years are concerned, we've had fewer injuries than in past training camps, and knock on wood, most are relatively minor bumps and pulls. So far, I think we're doing just fine.  Pulled Hamstrings and Groins seem to be the number 1 issue, both are signs of poor conditioning to start with (players coming in borderline in shape or out of shape). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It will only make the team weaker and our depth weaker as well as a worse record. This is going to backfire if a bunch of our players miss multiple games. Don't take me seriously, since I'm not a GM or Coach, my opinion doesn't matter. I know what I'm talking about though, and I'm sick of this team suffering injuries. This just increases it.

Actually, there is some research that a more physical approach to training actually decreases injuries. Not just in football, but wrestling, basketball, boxing, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Eh, not too concerned about injuries right now. None have been season ending and it’s not even the first game. Chargers and Packers have meanwhile lost quite a few to season ending 

Its a 90 man roster right now and about 7 guys are injured. I’ll take those numbers

• Like 4

I'll take high levels of physicality during training camp any day than patty cakes. Our 2-10 record over the opening couple weeks during Luck's career SCREAMS that something was not working the way it should. For the rookies and younger players, this will help the game slow down for them, enabling them to react vs think through their movements. They're used to seeing things and feeling things at an NFL speed now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Statiik82 said:

Their bodies are just getting used to the football life again. Injuries will always be there.

Exactly. Most of the injuries are muscles 

Now if someone breaks a foot then we got an issue. But for now just little dings the coaching staff are being cautious with. Like Castonzo’s hamstring. I’m cool with him missing the preseason, he’s a vet. Would be nice to have him so him and Nelson can gel but not the end of the world 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Rather get injured in the game. At least they make it to the game that way and it's somewhat random. The way we're doing it, we won't even make it to the game to get injured, and we'll lose more players in the game after that.

Sometimes injuries are a matter of not being in good enough football shape, lack of flexibility or stupid stuff like that from NOT training hard enough. Although injuries do happen 

• Like 2

People keep talking about injuries. I wasn't aware of anyone having a major injury up to this point. AC is out with a Hamstring but the season doesn't start for another month. Some players are going to have soreness, and have minor injuries etc. that happens every Training Camp. Guys like Luck, Nelson, TY, Mack, Kelly, Cain, Ebron, Sheard, and Basham are all healthy. Hooker is getting healthy as well. It's all good people. Jack Doyle is out today because of a personal matter. He isn't injured either.

• Like 2