Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson = Bust

Pacergeek

Quincy could not sniff the field last season, and it seems like people are giving him the benefit of the doubt. Blaming Pagano and the coaching staff for inept player development. I am not buying this argument. We've seen that coaching staff play guys that should not have been playing before, but had high expectations and hype. Guys like Trent Richardson and TJ Green for example. Quincy must haven been truly awful to not sniff the field under Pagano. Wilson could not beat out NFL journeymen for playing time. In 2018, an NFL 2nd round pick should be starting Day 1. Heading into his second season, Quincy should be the team's top CB, or at least a solid #2. If this year's training camp is any indication, Quincy has not improved, and does not look ready to start and contribute. It's taboo to rip Ballard, but he should be getting some heat for botching this draft pick. Ballard has ignored FA, and has gone all in on his drafting skills. When you go this direction, you cannot whiff on 2nd round picks. 

I still think the depth chart released might mean that Desir and Wilson are the two starters outside and that Moore is the slot with Hairston behind him.

I know that's not usually how a depth chart is listed, but I noticed that it didn't say "RCB" and "LCB." Not to mention Moore, who did play outside some last year, has mostly only taken snaps at the slot in TC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Rush to judgement much?   

From what I’ve read, he’s looked pretty good in camp.  

If you cannot beat out Desir and Moore, you have problems. Hairston, from Quincy's draft class, is way better. Our 2nd round pick is our 4th best CB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Pacergeek how much have you even seen Wilson play to be making statements like this? What you're doing is very easy.

I am old enough to know a bust when I see one. If it looks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, you have a duck. 

From what I have read/heard, his cover skills are good, but he needs to do better tracking the ball.  He seems to always be on his man but doesn't seem to be able to break up the pass before it reaches the receiver 's hands.

It's a bit too soon to call him a bust, but he does still have a ways to go.

4 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I am old enough to know a bust when I see one. If it looks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, you have a duck. 

Your thread & your opinion are exactly what I would expect in the off season why wait for 1 single game to be played lets rush to a premature judgement based on nothing even coming close to reaching common sense ;

New coaches new players & a lil time to gel & there is no telling how either the D or the O there are questions that is the only thing I agree with but to start a thread & continue down this path is daffy . It looks & sounds like a loony tune duck quack quack .

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

This is exactly what my thought process was in the depth chart thread. I think Moore is the starting slot corner in the depth chart. I think the other CB category(where Desir and Wilson are) is what would be our boundary corner, thus meaning Wilson is actually a starter opposite Desir... it's just written down in a weird way. 

About OP - how about we let the guy at least play some games this season before we declare him a bust? He was one of the youngest players coming into the league from that draft class and he still has things that he will improve on with more experience and better coaching. 

30 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I know a lame duck post when I see one too. You've got many in the archives.

Zak Keefer✔@zkeefer

Why I wouldn’t overreact to Colts 1st depth chart: Team just came out for 11v11, and Chester Rogers is a starting WR (slot), Quincy Wilson a starter at CB and Kenny Moore in the nickel. Also, Tarell Basham getting more run with the 1s.

8:58 AM - Aug 5, 2018 · Indiana, USA

See Zak Keefer's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

wow..TK.....so what you're saying is: This whole thread is irrelevant???

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Silly thread. Hes only played one season. 

4 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

This thread is ridiculously dumb at this point, which is not surprising.

Behind the scenes look at how threads like this are created:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Silly thread. Hes only played one season. 

...and hardly that. He's behind where he should be right now. No question about it, but he's still a good ball player that the size and athleticism that we need. This competition in camp could be really good for him. Hopefully he kicks it on in the next several weeks and has the breakout year we are all looking for. 

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

If the the title looks like a troll, the OP reads like a troll then what type of duck do you have?

3198a6297521169ae79af5ffb138f36b.jpg

Species:  Troll Duck

-- Habitat:  Lives under bridges, earning nickname "Bridge Duck"  (get it? low-bridge, watch your head... bridge, duck...)

videoblocks-germany-ducks-under-bridge-o

duck_by_tanaatu-d6r01ca.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Exactly what have you seen out of Wilson this camp outside of the depth chart that you are basing this opinion on? He is a 2nd rounder. He played well when he actually played last year. Ballard never took up for him over Pagano. He stated numerous times that Wilson had a rough year, through injury, learning how to practice like a professional and taking care of himself. He didn't get the playing time he should have coming in as a 2nd rounder because of that. 

You are reaching on this one. This isn't even close to being like D'Joun Smith case.

You can call him a "bust", "mediocre at best", "typical crappy Colt pick", "a project", etc.  In the end, you'll be proven right.  Not sure why all the hate on you in this forum when a guy expresses his opinion.  I, however, agree with you.  He'll be gone this year or next year.  Then again, I also said Luck was history.  It appears that may not be the case.  Time will tell...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, P'Son said:

You can call him a "bust", "mediocre at best", "typical crappy Colt pick", "a project", etc.  In the end, you'll be proven right.  Not sure why all the hate on you in this forum when a guy expresses his opinion.  I, however, agree with you.  He'll be gone this year or next year.  Then again, I also said Luck was history.  It appears that may not be the case.  Time will tell...

Colts fans think Ballard is the messiah, and do not hold him accountable for errors. If Grigson had drafted Wilson, my take would be a popular take. Look how quickly fans turned on Phillip Dorsett. It was obvious he was a bust after two seasons, and we shipped him out of here. It's OK to label a player a bust after two seasons, but not one season? Two years is just as premature as one season of sucking. How low have Colts fans standards dropped? The 6th Round CB is better than the 2nd round CB, and we still think the 2nd rounder is good? 

Just a thought.......

Our two starting Safeties that are coming back from injury are just now playing

The "trust" factor is fully in play between the Safeties and CBs

Does the CB not trust the Safety, and stay on a WR a bit too long?

(and open a spot behind or in front of)

I would imagine that the DBs are not in sync

This MAY be a factor

Or Quincy may just not be as good as we think.......  We have to give the guy a chance because we have NO true, proven depth at CB

I hope he gets his game together

But........ I still think we should be on the look out for another CB to push the starters for playing time and to back up when injuries occur

We are thin

Deano

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

Colts fans think Ballard is the messiah, and do not hold him accountable for errors. If Grigson had drafted Wilson, my take would be a popular take. Look how quickly fans turned on Phillip Dorsett. It was obvious he was a bust after two seasons, and we shipped him out of here. It's OK to label a player a bust after two seasons, but not one season? Two years is just as premature as one season of sucking. How low have Colts fans standards dropped? The 6th Round CB is better than the 2nd round CB, and we still think the 2nd rounder is good? 

A big problem on here is people won't admit things like players being busts, or the Colts may miss the playoffs (last few years, not this year), and plenty of other stuff that is 90% likely until it actually happens because they don't want to see it happen. I don't think this is obvious though that Wilson is a bust because of his lack of starting time in regular season games, and Pagano's poor track record as a coach. If he falters in regular season games this year, you very well may be right.

My advice is to save this thread. If Wilson busts after this year is over, call everyone out who disagreed with you as you'll have the evidence that you were right and predicted it all along. If Wilson has a great year, man up and say you were wrong. Pick your battles. As long as you can dish it out and take it, people will respect you when you make a bold prediction such as this.

19 minutes ago, P'Son said:

8 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Here's a stunner, P'Son and Pacergeek agree with each other.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A big problem on here is people won't admit things like players being busts, or the Colts may miss the playoffs (last few years, not this year), and plenty of other stuff that is 90% likely until it actually happens because they don't want to see it happen. I don't think this is obvious though that Wilson is a bust because of his lack of starting time in regular season games, and Pagano's poor track record as a coach. If he falters in regular season games this year, you very well may be right.

My advice is to save this thread. If Wilson busts after this year is over, call everyone out who disagreed with you as you'll have the evidence that you were right and predicted it all along. If Wilson has a great year, man up and say you were wrong. Pick your battles. As long as you can dish it out and take it, people will respect you when you make a bold prediction such as this.

I am glad you survived the shark feeding frenzy.........  

But......  who wants to save a thread to get one over on another Colts fan.....  That sets the wrong tone.... dont you see?    

My kids used to say nananana... booboo, when they caught one another being wrong

This is the same sort of thing

Quincy will make it or not.........  NO ONE KNOWS.......  I hope he does.....

If I am wrong..... thats ok....... I will live........ my self worth is not built on others opinions of my opinions

Just sayin.........

Deano

And......  in case you didnt catch before..... We still need some qualtiy depth at CB, S, and LB.........

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I hope I am wrong. I would never root against a Colts player because of my opinion on a silly message board. TJ Green just finished his second season, and nobody is being patient with him at all. Yes, Green sucked, but he still played. I would argue that Wilson not playing, is evidence that he sucks more than Green. Nobody really knows why Wilson didn't play, and it's convenient to blame Pagano, not Wilson. I believe that Q did not play because he cannot play. Don't get all the shade thrown my way either.

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Quincy could not sniff the field last season, and it seems like people are giving him the benefit of the doubt. Blaming Pagano and the coaching staff for inept player development. I am not buying this argument. We've seen that coaching staff play guys that should not have been playing before, but had high expectations and hype. Guys like Trent Richardson and TJ Green for example. Quincy must haven been truly awful to not sniff the field under Pagano. Wilson could not beat out NFL journeymen for playing time. In 2018, an NFL 2nd round pick should be starting Day 1. Heading into his second season, Quincy should be the team's top CB, or at least a solid #2. If this year's training camp is any indication, Quincy has not improved, and does not look ready to start and contribute. It's taboo to rip Ballard, but he should be getting some heat for botching this draft pick. Ballard has ignored FA, and has gone all in on his drafting skills. When you go this direction, you cannot whiff on 2nd round picks. 

Wow...