Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release unofficial depth chart for Colts @ Seahawks

TKnight24

8 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Biggest surprise to me is Quincy Wilson, behind Desir, and Milton.

In the what are you looking for Thursday thread I said it’s been some reports that he’s not playing well in camp

Not sure what his deal is but he better get it together. Ballard already on record saying he doesnt mind cutting draft picks no matter what round they were drafted 

21 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Biggest surprise to me is Quincy Wilson, behind Desir, and Milton.

That's not what I saw when I looked at it. What I saw was Hairston and Wilson behind Desir and Moore. Milton was in the pecking order behind Quincy and Hairston.

Im suprised Turay is ahead of Basham. Ive hardly heard about Turay with the ones. Then you have wilson behind moore and Desir? But the biggest laugher is Clark being our backup LT. I get these depth charts are in pencil and not pen, but thats ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

In the what are you looking for Thursday thread I said it’s been some reports that he’s not playing well in camp

Not sure what his deal is but he better get it together. Ballard already on record saying he doesnt mind cutting draft picks no matter what round they were drafted 

I don't think him being our 3rd corner is cutting worthy. I also am not surprised. He didn't have it together last year and missed out on some key experience, so he's a bit behind where he should be right now. I have high hopes for him. He's big and athletic, and has shown flashes of some great ball skills. Hopefully this will help him going forward, and he'll have chances throughout the season to prove his worth. 

I also hope it is an indicator that Desir and Moore are playing good football right now. 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Im suprised Turay is ahead of Basham. Ive hardly heard about Turay with the ones. Then you have wilson behind moore and Desir? But the biggest laugher is Clark being our backup LT. I get these depth charts are in pencil and not pen, but thats ridiculous. 

The depth charts are made up by the coaches. It is based on what those coaches have seen in camp and practices.  The coaches also have the film of them individually on what they have done in those practices.

The positions are won through competition.

Not to put you down but IMO the coaches are more qualified to determine who starts and who don't.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The depth charts are made up by the coaches. It is based on what those coaches have seen in camp and practices.  The coaches also have the film of them individually on what they have done in those practices.

The positions are won through competition.

Not to put you down but IMO the coaches are more qualified to determine who starts and who don't.

Coaches have said previously thst when it comes to the first depth chart it shouldn't be taken seriously because they just need to put some kind of depth chart together. I agree im not a coach, just a armchair GM like the rest of us

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Coaches have said previously thst when it comes to the first depth chart it shouldn't be taken seriously because they just need to put some kind of depth chart together. I agree im not a coach, just a armchair GM like the rest of us

My comment was just a response to your ridiculous comment. No more, no less.

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Speak for yourself because I watch/see everything as a coach would :goodluck:

11 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I take it by reading the chart that Castonzo is ok to play .

Could be

58 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I’ve posted a few tweets of Turay with the ones. Even a tweet or two about him and Robert Mathis really geling together. Kid might be something special 

• Thanks 1

I kind of take this to mean that Desir and Wilson are the two outside guys and Moore’s the starter in the slot.

Could be wrong of course. I just don’t remember reading about Moore taking any reps on the outside in TC this year. Thought he and Hairston played mostly in the slot with the 1’s, with Hairston playing on the outside some.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Kenny Moore II was a steal by Ballard.

Snatched him before NE could sign him to practice squad.

I remember how awful he was when he first got playing time......but boy did he improve as the year went on.....seems to have carried over to this year too.

29 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I’ve posted a few tweets of Turay with the ones. Even a tweet or two about him and Robert Mathis really geling together. Kid might be something special 

I know he gets reps with the ones, but the majority of them like basham has. Just surprised

49 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I kind of take this to mean that Desir and Wilson are the two outside guys and Moore’s the starter in the slot.

Could be wrong of course. I just don’t remember reading about Moore taking any reps on the outside in TC this year. Thought he and Hairston played mostly in the slot with the 1’s, with Hairston playing on the outside some.

This.....Desir and Wilson starting on the outside and Moore the Nickel starter with Hairston as the back-up.

Wilson has gotten WAY TOO MUCH kudos from Reich lately to not be a starter.

17 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

This.....Desir and Wilson starting on the outside and Moore the Nickel starter with Hairston as the back-up.

Wilson has gotten WAY TOO MUCH kudos from Reich lately to not be a starter.

IMO

Coach’s Kudos rarely mean anything especially this early

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where does anyone have a problem with anyone's opinion? 

I'm guessing he means when you said "my comment was just a response to your ridiculous comment. No more, no less." That was pretty rude because he disagreed with the coaches in a way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

My comment was just a response to your ridiculous comment. No more, no less.

His comment was NOT ridiculous.      No more, no less.

Put another way,  if CR91's observation is considered ridicuous then you've just eliminated 100 percent of all posts here.    Because the answer to every post would be your ridiculous response that the coaches know better than the fans.    Of course they do.    But that isn't the point of a fan's message board.

Is that what you want?

The write-ups I've read here on Wilson on this site and other Colts sites are that Wilson is mostly playing very well and should/could be viewed as our CB1.

Quincy Wilson is NOT getting cut,  even if he doesn't start.   IMO,  that is NOT happening.

He'll be interesting to watch through pre-season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The write-ups I've read here on Wilson on this site and other Colts sites are that Wilson is mostly playing very well and should/could be viewed as our CB1.

Quincy Wilson is NOT getting cut,  even if he doesn't start.   IMO,  that is NOT happening.

Exactly.  And if you listen to the numerous Colts beat reporters that JMV has on almost on a daily basis, they all say the same thing.  So to the guy in this thread who said Wilson is not having a good camp.....where in the world are you hearing that, because i've heard nothing but the exact opposite.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Don’t think he will get cut but it could happen

1 minute ago, MacDee1975 said:

Exactly.  And if you listen to the numerous Colts beat reporters that JMV has on almost on a daily basis, they all say the same thing.  So to the guy in this thread who said Wilson is not having a good camp.....where in the world are you hearing that, because i've heard nothing but the exact opposite.

I think what @TKnight24 said/meant was that the vested vets had be warned and their roster spots/starter roles aren’t safe

IMO

There are only 4 guys whose starting role/roster spot is safe at this point

AL

AV 

Rigo

Rhodes

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Don’t think he will get cut but it could happen

Here we go again with the.....   "it could happen" game....

It's the weakest argument a fan can make.

And an asteroid could hit the earth tomorrow and we could all die.

Hey,  it could happen!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here we go again with the.....   "it could happen" game....

It's the weakest argument a fan can make.

And an asteroid could hit the earth tomorrow and we could all die.

Hey,  it could happen!

Anything Can happen

I once had to pick a starting QB for my JV team during pregame warmups based on who could take a snap from center and throw the ball because that JV QBs were either hurt or had to play in the Varsity Game

So when I say that it is not from a fan’s perspective but from someone who has to work with a limited roster for a Monday Game that wasn’t determined until after Friday Night 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

His comment was NOT ridiculous.      No more, no less.

Put another way,  if CR91's observation is considered ridicuous then you've just eliminated 100 percent of all posts here.    Because the answer to every post would be your ridiculous response that the coaches know better than the fans.    Of course they do.    But that isn't the point of a fan's message board.

Is that what you want?

I find making an issue over my comment ridiculous.  I have an opinion and expressed it. It was not an insult, it was not argumentative and it also was not said for it to be negatively aimed at anyone.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm guessing he means when you said "my comment was just a response to your ridiculous comment. No more, no less." That was pretty rude because he disagreed with the coaches in a way.

Sad this room has to be PC when something is said. Now it is analyzed just to make sure no ones feelings get hurt.

Just kill me now.

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I find making an issue over my comment ridiculous.  I have an opinion and expressed it. It was not an insult, it was not argumentative and it also was not said for it to be negatively aimed at anyone.

pot-kettle.jpg

• Thanks 1