Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will you be looking for this Thursday vrs. the Seahawks?

Lawrence Owen

5 days until our first preseason game!  I'm sure all of you are just as excited as i am.  Winning is meaningless (it's not regular season), but I will be looking at a LOT of things in this game.

1: How will Luck be AFTER he gets drilled for the first time? Will he just shake it off and say 'nice hit' like normal? Will his shoulder hold up?  Will it shake him? 

2: O-line.....Please let me see this monster hit the field like i have seen in my head over and over. I want to see if running lanes are more apparent than in recent years.  And no more run-away trucks barreling up the middle at our defenseless QB.

3: D-line...Gimme penetration like has been preached.  Not necessarily on every play, by everyone. But i'd like to see opposing QBs with less than an entire commercial break to decide whom to play catch with.  And I want to see a big body in the backfield occasionally when the RB gets handed the ball.

4:DB's  ....  Do we even have any on our team?  The consensus in training camp is that Luck AND Brisset have torched our secondary.  Now this could mean the our O is just that good..But i am afraid it may not be that.  I want to see our secondary hold their own against Wilson and their 1st team.

There are other things obviously. but those are my big 4.  What's your interest in the upcoming match-up?  What are you most hoping to see?

• Like 2

Quincy Wilson 

Its been a lot of reports saying he’s had a poor camp. He’s the one who got beat on the 60 yard bomb yesterday from Luck to Hogan

But then there’s a lot of reports of him having a good camp 

So I need some clarity, Thursday should provide that. I’m rooting for that guy, I’d hate to see him demoted or not even make the team

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Quincy Wilson 

Its been a lot of reports saying he’s had a poor camp. He’s the one who got beat on the 60 yard bomb yesterday from Luck to Hogan

But then there’s a lot of reports of him having a good camp 

So I need some clarity, Thursday should provide that. I’m rooting for that guy, I’d hate to see him demoted or not even make the team

Most reports i've heard has been positive. That though there have been completions,..a lot of them were with him in their hip pocket, and some of those he's gotten his hand in and poked it out afterwards.  But yeah, the 60 yarder (15 yac) TD to Hogan is a little worrisome.

The difference in speed with this team... Will be on display

Young guys and the correctable mistakes they make... and the plays they hopefully make that they can build on.

The offensive line keeping Andrew Luck upright with time to pick Seattle's defense apart. 

The offensive playcalling, which I suspect will be somewhat basic to though preseason. 

Defensive line and pass rush. 

Who is playing certain roles (Hines in the slot, who is returning kicks, etc.) 

I am excited to watch this team!

Almost hard to narrow it down. This is the most excited/intrigued I've been about a preseason game in quite some time.

Of course there's Luck but I'm also interested to see if Brissett's improved, not to mention seeing some improvement from the '17 draft class. Then of course there's the rookies and the new look defense. There's gonna be a lot to watch, it's a shame it's on so late.

• Like 1

Nothing in particular. Just looking for people to stand out. Especially the guys who we keep hearing praise about in camp. Let’s see if they’re just camp stars or it translates to the field too. 

Pre-season is all mostly about the young players. You’re not looking to see anything from your 6 year vet that’s a 2x pro-bowler. But you are looking to see how the 5th round draft pick looks. If he’s a fringe player, how does he look on STs? How do your early round picks look against the opposing teams 2s and 3s? How much have your 2nd year players improved since their rookie seasons.

Of course I want to see how Luck looks in a live game, and the OL, but you won’t know anything about the first team unit untill the last pre-season game where every team has their 1’s in for a while quarter.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Reich is on record saying they’ll show nothing in the preseason.  

I’m looking for a lot of posters complaining about a vanilla game plan. 

Hmm...I wonder if that means no show of the up-tempo offense?  Want to see a little of that, but will probably not be run.

Want to see a good showing by the O-Line and LB's.  Not so worried about the D-Line as I feel that that's more of a long term work in progress

16 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Reich is on record saying they’ll show nothing in the preseason.  

I’m looking for a lot of posters complaining about a vanilla game plan. 

Oh, I'm not looking for coaching in preseason. you are 100% right, he'll show none of that.  But individual performances from key players Are definitely on my 'to watch' list.  Not even going to worry as much about a missed assignment here and there.  I mean,...a lot of new faces,..young players, and coaching staff.  Those are going to happen.  But if a player can do 'as advertised' THAT's what is important to me.

Besides the obvious.... Andrew staying healthy and shaking off some rust....

I’d like to see Quenton Nelson repeatedly splatter his opponent and serve notice that for the next decade or so.... a game against the Colts offensive line will be an especially long and brutal day’s work.

• Like 1

I am mainly looking for individual effort and performance.  Would be nice to see if the O-line can open up some good running lanes and give good pass protection.

I think we all will be looking for the first time Luck gets his and how he reacts.   I know I will be holding my breath when it happens.

Other than that, I am looking for a way to watch the game since I relocated to Pittsburgh thanks to Uncle Sam! LOL

I will be watching both of Ballard's draft classes as well as his FA signings. I want to see how his players develop since he has become the GM so I can judge him better. More specifically, I will be looking at Cain, Fountain, Ishmael, Mack, Wilkins, and Hines. These are the guys I want to see play Thursday and see how they are involved in the offense and how they perform.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I will be watching both of Ballard's draft classes as well as his FA signings. I want to see how his players develop since he has become the GM so I can judge him better. More specifically, I will be looking at Cain, Fountain, Ishmael, Mack, Wilkins, and Hines. These are the guys I want to see play Thursday and see how they are involved in the offense and how they perform.

All the new guys. Skai moore on defense.  

• Like 1

With the first team I want to see if the D is in sync adjusting and communicating well yet . They seem to be playing better in camp the last few days hoping it carries over to game day . Offense I want to see a run game more than anything hoping to see the new line open holes for our young backs .

With the young players hoping to see a few pop show they have what it takes to be a starter in the league .

Will also be paying a lot of attention to how the new helmet rule is called if it has a major impact on how the game is played or not .

3 hours ago, NagelHausForge said:

I am mainly looking for individual effort and performance.  Would be nice to see if the O-line can open up some good running lanes and give good pass protection.

I think we all will be looking for the first time Luck gets his and how he reacts.   I know I will be holding my breath when it happens.

Other than that, I am looking for a way to watch the game since I relocated to Pittsburgh thanks to Uncle Sam! LOL

I can't get it live where I am either, but the NFL Network has it scheduled to play at 4:00 am EDT  on Friday. I have it scheduled on the DVR, and will just fire up Bob Lamey on the radio to catch the "live" broadcast. He's as good as they come at being able to let you "see" the game in your mind. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

I can't get it live where I am either, but the NFL Network has it scheduled to play at 4:00 am EDT  on Friday. I have it scheduled on the DVR, and will just fire up Bob Lamey on the radio to catch the "live" broadcast. He's as good as they come at being able to let you "see" the game in your mind. 

I am doing the same DVR plan!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryTheCat said:

I think the Indy stations streamed preseason games last year, if I remember right.  Anyone confirm that?

I’m also out of the area but I have the NFL Gamepass.  Like others have said, staying up is going to be the hard part.  

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I think the Indy stations streamed preseason games last year, if I remember right.  Anyone confirm that?

I’m also out of the area but I have the NFL Gamepass.  Like others have said, staying up is going to be the hard part.  

Pretend it's a school day. Set your alarm clock 15 mins before the game starts. Wake up, make some popcorn, and enjoy the game! Viola! :thmup:

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This.  This is the most unique and possibly best answer to my question I've read.  Everyone has already dubbed Ballard and Reich the second coming of the messiah.  But facts are, we are basically in the exact situation we were in 6 year ago when Grigson and Pagano was hired.  Coming off horrible season with a bad overall team. And neither has ever done their jobs before.   Though i do believe in what they both preach, It is sometimes easy to forget, they may be bad at their jobs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Statiik82 said:

I am doing the same DVR plan!

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

Me too

giphy.gif

• Like 1