Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC Injury

JMichael557

Hamstring injuries can be tough. It’s one of those things where I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out throughout preseason or back in a week, or even if he deals with it all season. We’ve seen it most recently with Chester Rogers last year. It can be a really nagging injury.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Hamstring injuries can be tough. It’s one of those things where I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back in a week or out throughout preseason. We’ve seen it most recently with Chester Rogers last year. It can be a really nagging injury.

I hope he doesn’t try to come back to soon

32 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Any news on the extent of AC's injury. I do not know how the medical staff could release him to return to practice when clearly, he was not ready. Hopefully just a minor aggravation.

I think to making any comments about or laying this at the feet of the medical staff is pretty well uninformed.  You have zero idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Douzer said:

My guarded optimism about the O-line just got a sobering reminder of how quickly things can change. In the blink of an eye, no Castanzo, Good or Mewhort. Boom, punch to the gut!  

True this !

2 hours ago, #12. said:

For this team to do anything in 2018, several vets need to have career years.  Castonzo is probably one of them.  Sheard, possibly as well.

Actually the young guys are going to be key. If they play well we will win alot

9 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I dont think his career is over but i do think we will draft a future LT in 2019. 

If 1 is there at a pick Ballard feels is complimentary to the position he's picking. 

I mean there may not be any worthwhile 'top starter' LT picks in that draft.  And no naming names, cause a lot can happen between now and then...ask our current o-line (rookies not included.)

Have to admit it is kind of sad that we are down to a guy we just picked up off the streets last week at LT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/anthony-castonzo-out-again-with-hamstring-trouble/

...it’s a safe bet that the Colts will be cautious in how quickly they’ll look to bring him back this time around.

J’Marcus Webb, who recently signed with the Colts, is getting time at left tackle with the first team while Castonzo is out of action.

• Like 1

This is a shame considering all the work on the inside.  If Smith can kick behind at RT, I think we need him there.  Howard, Clark, Good and Haeg are not real inspiring.  It will be easier to find a new right guard after Slauson than to have to add multiple tackles through the draft.  We need a solid backup tackle who can eventually take over for Anthony in a few years. 

1 hour ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Guy off the streets at LT. What could possibly go wrong... I swear this team is cursed. 

The most serious injury we've had in camp is a hamstring, and we already knew about it. Around the league, ACLs are popping. I'd say we're doing okay on the injury front. 

Clark needs to get his act together. He's built to play LT.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Hamstring injuries suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have had a few and the best thing you can do is rest the area until FULLY healed.  They can linger!

The main problem is that re-injury after a grade 3 (not sure what he has), is something like that you are 3x more likely.  Trying to remember, but the stat is something like that.  If he's got a serious one, the bruising from the partial or full tear is likely occurring right now and he's got it fully wrapped ,,, if he's not walking on crutches, this is a really good thing.  Hopefully his is like a 1 or 1.5 grade or at worst a 2.  If this has already been posted or printed as far as exactly what he has, I'm apologizing in advance right now.  If it's a 2 I'd say 4 weeks to fully heal. (with aggressive therapy starting soon, light jogging week 2.5 or 3.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Have to admit it is kind of sad that we are down to a guy we just picked up off the streets last week at LT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/anthony-castonzo-out-again-with-hamstring-trouble/

I hope he is just in a rotation to see how he does

Not having someone on your current team that can back up one of the most important positions......... is a bit suprising to me

I'm bummed about this.   I was hoping for a very good O-line this season.   With the additions we made to the line, we should be able to make it through with this line, it just may not be the strength it could have been.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I'm bummed about this.   I was hoping for a very good O-line this season.   With the additions we made to the line, we should be able to make it through with this line, it just may not be the strength it could have been.

How long is he out for? I was assuming he would be ok by opening day.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How long is he out for? I was assuming he would be ok by opening day.

I guess it is not anticipated to be a lengthy absence.   It still worries me.   With these big guys, it seems to be hard to recover fully.   

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, Superman said:

The most serious injury we've had in camp is a hamstring, and we already knew about it. Around the league, ACLs are popping. I'd say we're doing okay on the injury front. 

Clark needs to get his act together. He's built to play LT.

I’ve mentioned this recently about Clark. Someone told me it wasn’t a great idea. However he is a project player who needs time. I would for sure giving him a shot at LT during preseason.

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

I’ve mentioned this recently about Clark. Someone told me it wasn’t a great idea. However he is a project player who needs time. I would for sure giving him a shot at LT during preseason.

I assume he'll get some reserve reps at LT during the preseason. Working against him is that he played poorly last season, and they also shuffled him between tackle and guard, which I don't think is a good idea. I'm not campaigning for Clark, but it would be nice if he could rise to the occasion. 

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

I assume he'll get some reserve reps at LT during the preseason. Working against him is that he played poorly last season, and they also shuffled him between tackle and guard, which I don't think is a good idea. I'm not campaigning for Clark, but it would be nice if he could rise to the occasion. 

At the end of the day Luck needs protected. Clark will get the nod this Thursday.