Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/3/2018 (Birthday Edition)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

source on the offers?

Source: Chris Ballard 

Said leading up to the draft numerous teams called about trading for Brissett 

Colts might’ve been loaded with draft picks had he done that trade. Could’ve built a whole new team in one draft really haha

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Colts might’ve been loaded with draft picks had he done that trade. Could’ve built a whole new team in one draft really haha

Testing the Waters

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

ballard said he had offers around the draft. i think it was in a verbal interview

didnt say by who or what they offered

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

yeah but those are more hey, what would you take to be interested in talking trade type offers.

and that was pre-draft. unlikely those offers would still be on the table.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was thinking washed up, injured and/or expensive

Matt H did great for us. and for Andrew.

Just now, Cynjin said:

While agree with that most of time, sometime that is not true.  Hasselbeck wasn't washed up, injured or expensive.

He also was signed as a FA before camp

Vets that will be available at the end of camp have either flamed out with another team for some reason or had issues and were never invited to one

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I thought Matt was pretty good when he played.  

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah but those are more hey, what would you take to be interested in talking trade type offers.

and that was pre-draft. unlikely those offers would still be on the table.

Matt H did great for us. and for Andrew.

See above 

Matt H was not someone made available after camp

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Vets that will be available at the end of camp have either flamed out with another team for some reason or had issues and were never invited to one

So why was Matt available as a FA before camp?  Did he flame out or have issues and was never invited?  Doesn't really matter.  He was available and he was good for us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I took it that the other poster was saying at the end of the year, not after the cuts are done this year.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I was 23 twice.

I was so bad at it the first time around, they made me repeat it... it was so embarrassing cuz the other 23 yr-olds made fun of me for really being 24.  My parents were furious.

Debbie Downer alot

23 was the last year I could go to sporting events and/or movies

Just now, TheMose said:

Let's hope we don't lose the opening game again then. haha

Technically the Eagles and Falcons play on mine

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So why was Matt available as a FA before camp?  Did he flame out or have issues and was never invited?  Doesn't really matter.  He was available and he was good for us. 

MH was released from the titans on march 18 2013, the colts signed him the next day.   he wasnt a camp pick up 

as for why they let him go, he was never meant to be a long term answer there, just a mentor and backup to jake locker.  they let matt go realizing neither one of them were the future 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

MH was released from the titans on march 18 2013, the colts signed him the next day.   he wasnt a camp pick up 

as for why they let him go, he was never meant to be a long term answer there, just a mentor and backup to jake locker.  they let matt go realizing neither one of them were the future 

I guess they didn't want him to be a backup to Jake Locker but we sure as heck saw him as a great backup to Luck and signed him immediately.  That's my point.  You can find veteran backups.  You trade your young promising backup QB's to get draft picks or players.  The Patriots did it twice in the same year.  I'm sure we will do it with Brissett when Ballard decides the time is right. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

For my birthday (later this month) I just bought tickets to see my second game @ LOS. Nov 11th vs the Jags with my college roommate (Jags fan). 

Indy & St. Elmos here I come! 

That calls for a cocktail, a St. Elmo's Shrimp Cocktail!

• Like 1