Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/3/2018 (Birthday Edition)

TKnight24

19 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This seems to be a very young group

Dorsett told Pat Reporters that the Colt Camps were soft

The same Phil Dorsett who was a complete bust with us as a 1st Round pick? The same Phil that caught 12 passes for 194 Yards and 0 TD's last season for the Pats? I don't think I would put much stock into what he says.

Eh, personally I think we have enough evidence to suggest (from Star reporters,  current players, and past players) to say that camps under Pagano were less intense. I hesitate to use the word soft because that's too harsh, but this definitely seems like a more physical camp than camps with Pagano.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Eh, personally I think we have enough evidence to suggest (from Star reporters,  current players, and past players) to say that camps under Pagano were less intense. I hesitate to use the word soft because that's too harsh, but this definitely seems like a more physical camp than camps with Pagano.

I agree but for Dorsett to say SOFT it is a bit comical when he is a bust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but for Dorsett to say SOFT it is a bit comical when he is a bust.

Yeah, definitely. Not a fan of any players saying anything really negative about their old team, especially when they didn't perform very well like Dorsett.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, csmopar said:

Bye. My theory is no where near as bad as the ones claiming Luck is toast. So don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. Won't see any tears from me. 

Anyone who proclaimed Luck's career was over looks like a complete fool now.  So how do you think you look proclaiming a guy's career as being over, who has an injury approximately 1/1000 as bad as Luck had?

2 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Mr injury prone Phillip Dorsett calling a camp soft. If Pagano's camps were soft. He was definitely one of the softest players attending it at the time. 

One of the softest players around talking about a soft camp....apparently wasn't soft enough for mr glass

10 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think Pagano was more worried about getting injuries in camp. To say he was running a soft camp is wrong. I would call it a more cautious camp.

He was fired so he paid the price for the Colts record.

For those who keep harping on him is a waist of time. He is by far not the only reason this team was in the shape it was when he was fired.

4 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Anyone who proclaimed Luck's career was over looks like a complete fool now.  So how do you think you look proclaiming a guy's career as being over, who has an injury approximately 1/1000 as bad as Luck had?

I pray I am wrong. I really like AC. Met him a few years back during Trees for Troops. Down to earth guy. That said, I still having concerns if he'll be here next year. I hope he is

So glad I took my kids and other young family members to this camp day.  Luck made some beautiful throws. My fears are alleviated. The one to Brent was vintage Luck.  Perfect dime.  Never had to break stride.  He threw another to TY on kind of a scramble drill where TY took off upfield and Luck dropped it in perfectly kinda half on the run...   Straight down the shoot.  Beautiful pass. 

And to to top it all off, my kids each got Luck’s autograph and took some selfies with him. They were so geeked. Priceless. I must admit I was a little jealous of them.  :D  My daughter’s older brother even caught one of Chester Rogers’ gloves. They’ll have those memories for life.  Their joy from those player interactions easily made this the best Colts training camp I’ve ever attended.  

Might have go to another one...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2018 at 10:31 AM, TDewar1987 said:

I feel that. My 31st is on the 8th of september, the day before game 1. Not a bad bday gift to myself 

On 8/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I turned 31 on July 1, so I'm right there with you. Seems like only yesterday when I was in high school.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, gnet550 said:

Well I feel much younger now....I only turned 30 on June 23rd lol

On 8/3/2018 at 11:33 AM, Savage said:

I actually turned 31 on May 24th.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:12 PM, RollerColt said:

Might as well chip in, I joined the 30 club this past July 29th! 

I'm glad to hear that Jacoby is having a great camp, he's a hard worker and it's showing.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, Virtuoso80 said:

Turned 38 on may 22nd.

On 8/3/2018 at 6:36 PM, Lucky1 said:

Today is my son's 9th birthday, I turned 31 Match 6th.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:34 PM, Tsarquise said:

Yep, turned 31 on May 17th

As I was reading this thread, I thought "geez, there are a LOT of us in our 30s..."  But the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense.  Peyton Manning.

I can't speak for everyone in their 30s, but I am a HUGE Colts fan because of Peyton Manning, and he was a big role model for me when I was a young man coming-of-age.

I bet there are a lot of Manning fans in their 30s all over the country, and probably a lot of Elway and Marino fans in their 40s, Montana fans in their 50s, Bradshaw fans in their 60s, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

As I was reading this thread, I thought "geez, there are a LOT of us in our 30s..."  But the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense.  Peyton Manning.

I can't speak for everyone in their 30s, but I am a HUGE Colts fan because of Peyton Manning, and he was a big role model for me when I was a young man coming-of-age.

I bet there are a lot of Manning fans in their 30s all over the country, and probably a lot of Elway and Marino fans in their 40s, Montana fans in their 50s, Bradshaw fans in their 60s, etc.

Yep, I was already a fan before Peyton, but he really solidified my love for the team and the organization as a whole. 

• Like 1