Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/3/2018 (Birthday Edition)

TKnight24

10 hours ago, Mick12Maher said:

Hoping for a great camp on my bday!

First and formost Happy Birthday! Same as my older brother. My young shares the same day as Luck in September 12th. Second this is the most I’ve been excited for camp in years. Let’s hope for a great year overall. Happy Birthday and enjoy your day!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Folks told us Andrew wouldn’t throw ever again, said his arm was broken, laughed at him throwing high school footballs 

Looks to me the guy still has it!

:scoregood:

Looks like crap, should cut him or trade him to Cleveland for the 2092 7th round pic

33 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hate to say this but AC is done. I'll be surprised if he's on the team this time next year

I know you said you "hate to say this" but wondering why you would say it all.  Based on what is he done?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hate to say this but AC is done. I'll be surprised if he's on the team this time next year

Hate to say this, but posts like this will make me surprised if i'm on this message board this time next year.  Or even this time tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I know you said you "hate to say this" but wondering why you would say it all.  Based on what is he done?

Yeah. He's not played consistently well or at a high level since signing his extension a couple years back. Some of that has been due to injuries, but he's gonna be what, 32? 33? Next year. If he continues to struggle with minor injuries and if he played like he did the first half of last season, Ballard won't keep him. Or if he does, it'll be in either the RT or backup LT role. 

10 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Hate to say this, but posts like this will make me surprised if i'm on this message board this time next year.  Or even this time tomorrow.

Bye. My theory is no where near as bad as the ones claiming Luck is toast. So don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. Won't see any tears from me. 

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Okay

See above

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah. He's not played consistently well or at a high level since signing his extension a couple years back. Some of that has been due to injuries, but he's gonna be what, 32? 33? Next year. If he continues to struggle with minor injuries and if he played like he did the first half of last season, Ballard won't keep him. Or if he does, it'll be in either the RT or backup LT role. 

Bye. My theory is no where near as bad as the ones claiming Luck is toast. So don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. Won't see any tears from me. 

See above

Everything Will be Okay

No One knows what will happen tomorrow let alone next year

This is a public forum and everyone can say what they want 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

See above

He's 29, going on 30 in a few days. He was above average all things considered last season despite being surrounded by turnstiles. PFF graded him pretty well too, though I don't know how much stock you put in that. I'm willing to bet he will stick around for a few more years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

He's 29, going on 30 in a few days. He was above average all things considered last season despite being surrounded by turnstiles. PFF graded him pretty well too, though I don't know how much stock you put in that. I'm willing to bet he will stick around for a few more years.

IMO his play improved last year and should get even better in the new O and with AL under C and QN to his right

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO his play improved last year and should get even better in the new O and with AL under C and QN to his right

As the year went on yeah. I hope you're right. 

10 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I stand corrected on his age. I thought he was older. 

59 minutes ago, csmopar said:

My heavens the nonsense

1) He was very good in the last half of 2017

2) He's only 29

3) He played every game in 2016 and 2017

4) A hamstring is not a minor injury but he's missed a few practices and then tweaked it again tonight  At this point calling that struggling with minor injuries if really kind of silly

5) Of course Ballard won't keep him if injuries or bad play continue but we ain't even in the ballpark of that.

6) Can we dispense with the move to RT or that he will be a back up LT.  That will not happen.  Here's is what is very likely to happen.  He will leave the Colts at the end of his current contract as their starting LT.  

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As the year went on yeah. I hope you're right. 

I stand corrected on his age. I thought he was older. 

He’s not the greatest but he’s a solid top 15 LT, consistent and always available.  You have to consider who would replace him, who’s available?  

I guess you’re saying we draft a LT early next year?  Very well could, but I’ll say AC holds the b for at least two more seasons.  

I had a front row seat tonight and the Oline was horrible most of  evening and especially during running session.  I don't believe our Dline is that dominant as they were in the backfield and stuffing runners.  Oline is gonna need more time.  Related Austin Howard is a huge man but slow in space.

K J Brent has a great play and route running on Luck's touchdown throw.  Funny thing is he came over after practice signing autographs and he actually said to  fan that he was a long shot to make  team.

#4 didn't kick at all unless it was on the furthest field.  He also left early and I didn't see him come back as I was trying to snag his autograph again on a McFarland collectible.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

See above

Umh... well... actually... One by one: 

1. Castonzo has been our best and most consistent linemen since Luck was drafted and just had his best season. Don't believe me? Ask Ballard.  He was no. 9 ranked tackle in the league last year. That's including both LTs and RTs. He is actually outplaying his contract. If he was a free agent this summer he probably gets more than Solder got(4/62). 

2. Castonzo will be 33 in the summer of 2021. He is currently 29 years old. He turns 30 next week. OTs play good football well into their mid-30s as long as they can stay healthy. 

3. Castonzo has missed 3(THREE) games in the last 6 seasons. I don't know what injuries you are talking about. He's been one of the healthiest players on the Colts and in the league over that period of time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Seems like some player on the Colts always gets an annoying, lingering hamstring injury every year. :hissy:  

Get well soon, AC. AL needs you <3

(also my bday is next Friday, the 10th. I’ll be 26. Thanks for all the wisdom old fellers :thmup:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They have looked at Clark enough times.  They know what he can't do.  Play either tackle.

I’m sure he’ll get his shot. He was a project player coming out of college. He never ran a pro style offense. Haeg might even get a shot as well. Overall I like the depth we finally have.