Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You know what grinds my gears?

TKnight24

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's what's so annoying about it. He's an NFL reporter, & is supposed to have all this "insider access," & yet he somehow still managed to travel to Indy to watch Colts practice the 1 day that pretty much everyone knows is Luck's off day. How does someone in his position manage to be that out of the loop on 1 of the biggest storylines heading into the 2018 season?

He screwed up?

Yes. Maybe he should have asked around once he saw AL not participating in throwing.

I do want to point out Luck himself and the team kept reiterating how the goal was there would be no governor/limitations on Luck at camp.  Then proceed to place (as they should if indicated) limitations on Luck. (Quite creatively too)

{ A throwing schedule that mimics the season and ramping up the depth }

I felt it was a matter of time before this might be misconstrued. This just might be the case here.  If one has only heard no governor and then Luck doesn’t throw, then they might wonder why. And even if it is told that Reich gave AL the day off, then they question why a QB with no limitations needs a day off throwing, but his presence and participation in non throwing portions of practice are performed.

Overall, not a big deal to me under any circumstance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I disagree. He played it perfectly. Tweet he’s pumped to see what he can do then comeback and say he’s not throwing as if a setback or something occured

The official twitter page of the NFL even tweeted out Luck would have his off days and the schedule of those days. So everyone should know at this point. 

You can see in the comments of the tweet it’s a guy asking if he’s even close to being ready because of this tweet. It creates a bad narrative for the fans who don’t follow the colts but get their info from these national guys

”Is he even close to being ready” shouldn’t be a question after the last few days Luck has had. 

Let them all think he's done & go ahead & gameplan for Brissett.

TK.....

It’s only one guy...   stop blaming the National Media because one guy made a silly,  bad-look mistake.  

Who else in the the media is saying Luck is done?    No one, as far as I can tell.    Not NFLN, not ESPN, not Sports Illustrated....     so who?

If there is someone, it’s no one who matters.

(By the way.... Is LaConfora’s mistake a muff or a fumble?!).     :thmup:

No worries, TK....   it’s all good...   better days ahead!

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I disagree. He played it perfectly. Tweet he’s pumped to see what he can do then comeback and say he’s not throwing as if a setback or something occured

The official twitter page of the NFL even tweeted out Luck would have his off days and the schedule of those days. So everyone should know at this point. 

You can see in the comments of the tweet it’s a guy asking if he’s even close to being ready because of this tweet. It creates a bad narrative for the fans who don’t follow the colts but get their info from these national guys

”Is he even close to being ready” shouldn’t be a question after the last few days Luck has had. 

Another thing that's been annoying me lately is that they keep tweeting images of Luck from when he was throwing the college ball in mini-camp even though he's been throwing the NFL ball since training camp started. Rich Eisen did it yesterday...

5 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

It’s like they feed off the negative stories. How do you work for the league but don’t know Luck’s schedule when it’s available everywhere. He could’ve even called Irsay or someone before showing to confirm if he was throwing or not 

This “Luck is done” narrative has to stop 

He's like the kid working in the TV section at Best Buy who hasn't heard of Hi-definition.

do your homework, people!  Please!

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

TK.....

It’s only one guy...   stop blaming the National Media because one guy made a silly,  bad-look mistake.  

Who else in the the media is saying Luck is done?    No one, as far as I can tell.    Not NFLN, not ESPN, not Sports Illustrated....     so who?

The problem is that these "professionals" (haha) only regurgitate  what they see others saying.  All this info literally a click away, and they are still lazy.  They should have to use footnotes like we did in college , otherwise its just lazy plagiarism.   

Its not like its Brad Kaaya, its Andrew freakin Luck.  Professional sportswriters should be better.  But i guess it would be asking too much for them to do a little research on their own.  sad.

42 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Another thing that's been annoying me lately is that they keep tweeting images of Luck from when he was throwing the college ball in mini-camp even though he's been throwing the NFL ball since training camp started. Rich Eisen did it yesterday...

Exactly! I’m glad you see my view. Seen a couple posts saying I’m reading too much into it

The negative view of Luck in the national eye is disgusting. Not sure if they’re intentionally doing it or if they really are just uninformed about the Colts but I’m going with the former cause it’s no way it’s your job to know these things and you don’t 

But they know every time Tom Brady has a cupcake and cheats his diet. It’s pitiful 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

TK.....

There was a piece yesterday on bleacher report quoting an anonymous scout who said he still doesn't believe Luck will play a single game this season. 

I'm not linking it on purpose because I don't want to give them clicks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gyworks said:

Bill Tobin would ask: Who the hell is Jason LaCanfora?

I mean really, did he ever do anything in the NFL other than silly tweeting and writing half-thruths and stupid “stories”?

Apparently, he is covering the Colts for NFL Network's Inside Training Camp. They have 3-4 guys travelling around the league, giving extensive coverage of 3-4 teams a day. He was there in Westfield on the first day when Luck was throwing there. Looks like they made a full circle and he was back in Westfield again. 

I watch Inside Training Camp daily, I watched him reporting from Westfield today too (in much more detail and much longer than a tweet). There was no "stirring up trouble" in what he said. At least I didn't notice it at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Exactly! I’m glad you see my view. Seen a couple posts saying I’m reading too much into it

The negative view of Luck in the national eye is disgusting. Not sure if they’re intentionally doing it or if they really are just uninformed about the Colts but I’m going with the former cause it’s no way it’s your job to know these things and you don’t 

But they know every time Tom Brady has a cupcake and cheats his diet. It’s pitiful 

It probably shouldn't bother me, but it does, & I have no problem letting people know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

It’s like they feed off the negative stories. How do you work for the league but don’t know Luck’s schedule when it’s available everywhere. He could’ve even called Irsay or someone before showing to confirm if he was throwing or not 

This “Luck is done” narrative has to stop 

It will once Breaks the passing td record this year

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The thing is, is Luck really ready? The work he has done in camp is not a good example to judge if he is ready. He is protected from even being close to being hit.

Other teams defense will not be as forgiving.

We have seen progress in Luck's arm but there is a lot more to him being ready for  live game day.

Andrew is throwing all types of passes right now. Even deep balls. Yeah he hasn’t been hit yet but his shoulder is reacting great to the throws he is making . Not one player is ready for game one right now in the NFL. But can they play? Yes. Can Andrew play if he had to? I believe the answer is yes. He is starting the first game of pre-season. The first preseason game is one week away. If he wasn’t ready NOW he wouldn’t be scheduled to start that game. Whether or not something happens between now and then is another story. But one week Into training camp no one in the NFL is “ready” to play. 

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Andrew is throwing all types of passes right now. Even deep balls. Yeah he hasn’t been hit yet but his shoulder is reacting great to the throws he is making . Not one player is ready for game one right now in the NFL. But can they play? Yes. Can Andrew play if he had to? I believe the answer is yes. He is starting the first game of pre-season. The first preseason game is one week away. If he wasn’t ready NOW he wouldn’t be scheduled to start that game. Whether or not something happens between now and then is another story. But one week Into training camp no one in the NFL is “ready” to play. 

I wasn't referring to can he play. I was talking about how some think he is back to his old self. There have been a few comments about him doing the things he used to do like he is in that kind of mode now.

There are way too many factors this team has to expect Andrew to come in and start where he left off when he was healthy. 

Till we see him in game action we just don't know how he will do. You, me and everyone else can have our opinions but that is all they are, opinions.

My point like I said is training camp and practice means very little in what he faces in a real live game.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wasn't referring to can he play. I was talking about how some think he is back to his old self. There have been a few comments about him doing the things he used to do like he is in that kind of mode now.

There are way too many factors this team has to expect Andrew to come in and start where he left off when he was healthy. 

Till we see him in game action we just don't know how he will do. You, me and everyone else can have our opinions but that is all they are, opinions.

My point like I said is training camp and practice means very little in what he faces in a real live game.

Even if he's 80% of what he was he would still be the best QB in the Division. If he's 100% of what he was then we can win 10 or 11 games. I have us at 9-7 for an early projection.

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Oh I haven’t seen any of those comments. Everyone is completely optimistic because Andrew is showing that he can still make all the throws. Yeah he needs to build his strength up but that’s honestly all he needs to do in order to regain his former self. He can take as many hits as possible, but until he gets tackled ONTO his shoulder, A hit won’t do much... I can understand youre standoffish to believing he’s back. We haven’t seen anything.