Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You know what grinds my gears?

TKnight24

Now, most of you know me on here and I’m a pretty laid back guy. I just post the updates and comment here and there. But this right here really bothers me. Jason La Canfora is present at Colts Camp today. Mind you, this is Andrew’s off day which we all knew cause the Colts reporters have been saying it after Frank Reich gave the schedule out. Now he’s here stirring up trouble saying Luck isn’t throwing and all of this to make it seem like he’s still not ready. I don’t like the national media for the NFL

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't really see that as stirring up trouble.  He's reporting the facts.  Luck isn't throwing, period.  Seems like he didn't get the memo about Luck's off days.  He did say "pump to see what 12 can do" as if he expected him to not have a day off.  Just my interpretation.  It's not as bad as what's his nuts that is ALWAYS stirring the pot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IinD said:

Most journalism took a wrong turn long ago unfortunately.

It’s like they feed off the negative stories. How do you work for the league but don’t know Luck’s schedule when it’s available everywhere. He could’ve even called Irsay or someone before showing to confirm if he was throwing or not 

This “Luck is done” narrative has to stop 

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't really see that as stirring up trouble.  He's reporting the facts.  Luck isn't throwing, period.  Seems like he didn't get the memo about Luck's off days.  He did say "pump to see what 12 can do" as if he expected him to not have a day off.  Just my interpretation.  It's not as bad as what's his nuts that is ALWAYS stirring the pot.

I disagree. He played it perfectly. Tweet he’s pumped to see what he can do then comeback and say he’s not throwing as if a setback or something occured

The official twitter page of the NFL even tweeted out Luck would have his off days and the schedule of those days. So everyone should know at this point. 

You can see in the comments of the tweet it’s a guy asking if he’s even close to being ready because of this tweet. It creates a bad narrative for the fans who don’t follow the colts but get their info from these national guys

”Is he even close to being ready” shouldn’t be a question after the last few days Luck has had. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I disagree. He played it perfectly. Tweet he’s pumped to see what he can do then comeback and say he’s not throwing as if a setback or something occured

The official twitter page of the NFL even tweeted out Luck would have his off days and the schedule of those days. So everyone should know at this point. 

You can see in the comments of the tweet it’s a guy asking if he’s even close to being ready because of this tweet. It creates a bad narrative for the fans who don’t follow the colts but get their info from these national guys

”Is he even close to being ready” shouldn’t be a question after the last few days Luck has had. 

Guess I've been out of the sports news too long.  Well, if anything, it should keep Luck available in the late rounds of fantasy drafts.  LOL.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Guess I've been out of the sports news too long.  Well, if anything, it should keep Luck available in the late rounds of fantasy drafts.  LOL.

No issue. I just don’t like how the media pushes negative stories. Need more positivity in the world. 

• Like 2

The thing is, is Luck really ready? The work he has done in camp is not a good example to judge if he is ready. He is protected from even being close to being hit.

Other teams defense will not be as forgiving.

We have seen progress in Luck's arm but there is a lot more to him being ready for  live game day.

34 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Now, most of you know me on here and I’m a pretty laid back guy. I just post the updates and comment here and there. But this right here really bothers me. Jason La Canfora is present at Colts Camp today. Mind you, this is Andrew’s off day which we all knew cause the Colts reporters have been saying it after Frank Reich gave the schedule out. Now he’s here stirring up trouble saying Luck isn’t throwing and all of this to make it seem like he’s still not ready. I don’t like the national media for the NFL

Don't sweat it, I normally let this stuff bother me too but Jason La Confora is a known Colts hater. He was on record after we won the SB saying Peyton was overrated and wasn't a even a Top 10 QB of all-time. I can't stand him but his opinion is crap. I am not sure but I think he dislikes Irsay is why he takes shots at us. He has know idea what he is talking about here because this is an off day for Andrew. Shows you most of these clowns don't follow our team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't sweat it, I normally let this stuff bother me too but Jason La Confora is a known Colts hater. He was on record after we won the SB saying Peyton was overrated and wasn't a even a Top 10 QB of all-time. I can't stand him but his opinion is crap. I am not sure but I think he dislikes Irsay is why he takes shots at us. He has know idea what he is talking about here because this is an off day for Andrew. Shows you most of these clowns don't follow our team.

I usually don’t let it bother me either. I only follow the Colts reporters but this appeared on my feed

I just refuse to believe an NFL employee was uninformed that the star Quarterback wasn’t throwing today. 

When you go on vacation to Hawaii or Miami, wouldn’t you check the weather to make sure it’ll be “beach weather”?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agreed

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I usually don’t let it bother me either. I only follow the Colts reporters but this appeared on my feed

I just refuse to believe an NFL employee was uninformed that the star Quarterback wasn’t throwing today. 

When you go on vacation to Hawaii or Miami, wouldn’t you check the weather to make sure it’ll be “beach weather”?

I would but apparently La Canfora doesn't haha . It's typical, at least he isn't Nate Davis from the USA Today. That dude picked us to go 2-14 - now that is true dumbness and comedy at its best!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

This makes me feel great about not doing anything with Twitter.   

Me too because I would get banned telling some of these people where to go :funny:. They get paid huge money to report on Football and half of them have no clue. I could probably ask 75% of the NFL Network employees who won the 1970 Season SB and they wouldn't even know. How about the 1980 Season :funny: I don't have Facebook either, not worth getting worked up over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too because I would get banned telling some of these people where to go :funny:. They get paid huge money to report on Football and half of them have no clue. I could probably ask 75% of the NFL Network employees who won the 1970 Season SB and they wouldn't even know. How about the 1980 Season :funny: I don't have Facebook either, not worth getting worked up over.

I do have Facebook and glance at it once per day just for family stuff.   I'm pretty selective on who I am "friends" with because I don't want to have to sift through too much crap.   There are also a couple things like "classic rock bands" that puts good concert footage on there that I wouldn't look for.   Last nigh they had a clip from David Letterman in 1982.   He was showing Jerry Garcia how to play Proud Mary on guitar.   Pretty funny stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

They push negative stories because if they pushed positive stories nobody would watch.

The audience is the real problem. 

I disagree.    The media feeling that it is OK to imply things that are not true is the problem.   That rarely happened in the past. 

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

First off, the media is made up of thousands of people with many different opinions.....so your accusation is ridiculous.

You are wrong. 

There are exceptions of course, but there is no doubt that most media outlets have bought into the "shock news" way of doing things.   Truth is secondary to the attention grabbing headline.  

Just now, Myles said:

You are wrong. 

There are exceptions of course, but there is no doubt that most media outlets have bought into the "shock news" way of doing things.   Truth is secondary to the attention grabbing headline.  

Because people watch. If people didnt watch they would be scrambling to figure out what you want to watch. 

Its like accusing the chef of forcing you to eat spaghetti, when you ordered the spaghetti. 

This is just an example of how people are now, everything has to be someones fault. Zero personal accountability.

14 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Because people watch. If people didnt watch they would be scrambling to figure out what you want to watch. 

Its like accusing the chef of forcing you to eat spaghetti, when you ordered the spaghetti. 

This is just an example of how people are now, everything has to be someones fault. Zero personal accountability.

I still disagree.   Which link would you click on?

Luck is absent from practice, could be having arm issues

or

Luck has the day off

It is not a persons fault for clicking the false headline.   For all we know, it may be true.   It is the media outlets fault for misleading the public.  

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

It’s like they feed off the negative stories. How do you work for the league but don’t know Luck’s schedule when it’s available everywhere. He could’ve even called Irsay or someone before showing to confirm if he was throwing or not 

This “Luck is done” narrative has to stop 

I also like he decides to go on the one day he isn’t throwing. And it’s not like he has a schedule and it was the only day he could go. He’s a reporter and from what I understand, they can come and go as they please around the league to come up with a story. He threw the two days prior if I’m not mistaken, and then there’s the practices last week. You’re right in the fact he is trying to stir up the ‘he’s done’ talks again. 

57 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

In perspective...it’s a bad look for La Canfora that he didn’t do his homework and tweeted from his national platform with irrelevant information.  Nothing else to see here.

Yup. His planned trip to Indy happened to fall on one of Luck's scheduled off days (which Reich detailed pretty well just yesterday, so no one who is paying attention is surprised Luck isn't throwing today), and he didn't bother to ask some questions before tweeting.

Second thing, why is La Canfora visiting camps anyways? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I also like he decides to go on the one day he isn’t throwing. He threw the two days prior if I’m not mistaken, and then there’s the practices last week. You’re right in the fact he is trying to stir up the ‘he’s done’ talks again

Yeah. Luck had his best practice these past 2 days. But they don’t want that narrative. They want that he’s done narrative 

We all have different opinions on this forum, but no one can change mine that he didn’t know Luck was resting today before he made the trip. And this was also the shortest practice of camp thus far. So that’s 2 strikes on why he shouldn’t have come today 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I dont think that was intentional. He just failed to mention it was Luck's day off

I feel like with reporters, they know wording is everything. I don’t think he failed to mention it, he intentionally left it out to raise that cloud of doubt among people that aren’t colts fans

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

I feel like with reporters, they know wording is everything. I don’t think he failed to mention it, he intentionally left it out to raise that cloud of doubt among people that aren’t colts fans

maybe, but maybe he just didnt know. a lot of media guys hardly do any homework when it comes to the colts. They just go with the word of mouth instead of forming their own opinion. Unfortunately we're not the cowboys or the patriots that get up to the minute accurate media coverage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I dont think that was intentional. He just failed to mention it was Luck's day off or he didnt know

Nah it was. If you click the tweet you can see the replies from folks telling Jason we all knew he wasn’t throwing. So if fans know, why wouldn’t a league reporter? It’s his job to know

And then there’s the folks in the replies who took the bait and are saying Luck isn’t healthy and he’s not ready. 

People outside the Colts market get their info from the National media so when the national media does this, people listen 

But they’ll find out next Thursday. Frank Reich confirmed he’ll have Luck play an entire quarter next Thursday against Seattle 

Just now, TKnight24 said:

Nah it was. If you click the tweet you can see the replies from folks telling Jason we all knew he wasn’t throwing. So if fans know, why wouldn’t a league reporter? It’s his job to know

And then there’s the folks in the replies who took the bait and are saying Luck isn’t healthy and he’s not ready. 

People outside the Colts market get their info from the National media so when the national media does this, people listen 

But they’ll find out next Thursday. Frank Reich confirmed he’ll have Luck play an entire quarter next Thursday against Seattle 

As I mentioned to another poster, he might have just not known. we're a small market. We dont get the same kind of coverage as the bigger market teams

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

That's what's so annoying about it. He's an NFL reporter, & is supposed to have all this "insider access," & yet he somehow still managed to travel to Indy to watch Colts practice the 1 day that pretty much everyone knows is Luck's off day. How does someone in his position manage to be that out of the loop on 1 of the biggest storylines heading into the 2018 season?

• Thanks 1