Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/1/2018

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

this is definitely not gonna be your same ol colts. Ballard wanted a hard nose kick your butt football team and that is what we might just get 

I dont think we can say that yet.  Not if the Defense sucks that badly.

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

their facing andrew and jacoby. not exactly scrubs and that philly offense made everyone look bad even belichick. Not to mention Geathers and Hooker

• Like 2

The D just needs to get around the low 20's overall. If we can get a top 5 or so offense then we can build back the old days and have the points that allow the defense to hide issues. I am prepared for some high scoring games this year and hopefully we score the most lol

1 hour ago, Weslo#18 said:

And on another note I’d saw a tweet stating that the offense was consistently dominating the defense in the goal line situations time and time again. Folks are going to have to be patient with the defense. It may not be too pleasant this year.

The question I would have is.... Why?

As a long term Colts fan I have seen the highs and lows

This offense should be very competitive. We have some growth areas, but we should be able to move the ball, and score some touchdowns

We should have some balance, this year, with some exciting "chunk" plays

The defense is another matter

On defense, there is really no reason to go into the season as thin as we are at LB, S, and CB.

We have the cash

There are some young, talented players available that would immedately help this defense

Eric Reid (Should have been Boston, who could have played either spot)

Breeland

Love the new attitude, Love the new coach, Love the new front office..... Love most of the moves.......... but I dont understand this

We could actually win some game THIS year with some improvements on Defense

Counting on Geathers to be anything other than mostly injured seems, like wishful thinking......

Our current CB position is extremely thin. I HOPE that Quincy can pick it up and stay healthy......  but after him?  Its a bigger HOPE

Let these people come in and compete for starting roles. If they win it over a younger developing player, they get to start...... competition.... right

Its like picking between two ugly beauty contestents.......  they both ugly

Stepping back from the keyboard........

Impatient Colts Fan (With too many cups of coffee)

8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

This offense should be very competitive. We have some growth areas, but we should be able to move the ball, and score some touchdowns

On defense, there is really no reason to go into the season as thin as we are at LB, S, and CB.

We have the cash

There are some young, talented players available that would immedately help this defense

Breeland

Love the new attitude, Love the new coach, Love the new front office..... Love most of the moves.......... but I dont understand this

Counting on Geathers to be anything other than mostly injured seems, like wishful thinking......

I don’t like the “We have the money” argument 

While it’s true, it’s also true that it takes 2 to make a deal. And I believe Eric Reid is being blackballed like Kapernick was for his anthem thing but that’s another story

Boston swore when he visited it was the worst visit ever so he wasn’t gonna sign. Breeland has visited twice so the ball is in his court far as I’m concerned 

The defense is thin, not denying that. But can’t just sign anyone cause of money flexibility. They have to want to play here 

If no additions are made, just use next years draft to heavy draft defense. It’s s great defensive draft anyway 

• Like 5

Below are lifted from the tweets. Music to my achin ears.

"T Anthony Castonzo has passed his physical and has been removed from the Non-Football Injury List. The #Colts now have their entire starting offensive line unit back for practice. Guard Jeremy Vujnovich (calf) remains on the Active/PUP list.

Jeff Saturday on @GolicAndWingo just now, talking Quenton Nelson: “As good as advertised ... as polished for a rookie as I’ve seen.

In just a week, Darius Leonard has already become a definite starter for the Colts.

Coach 87 is in the building.

most physical workout I’ve seen in my six seasons covering the Colts....it's lit

Maybe the most physical session of camp I’ve seen from the #Colts in the last half dozen years.

#Colts have upped the physicality this camp. No doubt. More physical than I’ve seen from this team in YEARS."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Shocking. I tell ya... 

Hopefully this signifies the offense is going to be unstoppable in general, but its unlikely... I trust Eberflus to turn it around though, as long as we focus on D the entirety of the 2019 offseason and draft.

29 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Meh, my expectations haven't ever been too high for this year's defense anyways. Excited about certain players, sure, but there's just so much inexperience on that side of the ball.

And the defense is a mixed bag. You have guys who are better suited to play in a 3-4 like Hunt, Woods, and Simon. We don’t have a true elite 3-Tech on the roster. Only one proven pass rusher in Sheard. CB is a big question mark as is LB.

Will take a few years to fix the D completely. 

49 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Meh, my expectations haven't ever been too high for this year's defense anyways. Excited about certain players, sure, but there's just so much inexperience on that side of the ball.

I think this years colts will be like 2013 broncos. High flying offense

27 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We have the cash

Breeland

Our current CB position is extremely thin. I HOPE that Quincy can pick it up and stay healthy......  but after him?  Its a bigger HOPE

Let these people come in and compete for starting roles. If they win it over a younger developing player, they get to start...... competition.... right

Its like picking between two ugly beauty contestents.......  they both ugly

I agree.  I still can't believe we haven't added Breeland to our team.  He's not going to kill our cap and he's a young veteran who can start immediately.   He knows it and Ballard knows it.  What's so hard about splitting the difference and getting him into camp.  CB is an area that needs to be upgraded and a solution is right in front of us.  I hope another team doesn't have a CB injury and pounces on him.  We had Wilson go out for awhile today ourselves.  Come on Chris make my day.  

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  I still can't believe we haven't added Breeland to our team.  He's not going to kill our cap and he's a young veteran who can start immediately.   He knows it and Ballard knows it.  What's so hard about splitting the difference and getting him into camp.  CB is an area that needs to be upgraded and a solution is right in front of us.  I hope another team doesn't have a CB injury and pounces on him.  We had Wilson go out for awhile today ourselves.  Come on Chris make my day.  

we get it, you want Breeland.  But again, you don't know if we have offered, the fact we brought him in TWICE for a visit, says Ballard's trying to get him.  He even could be offering the longest and most money, maybe Breeland is intrigued by other teams.  Takes two to sign a FA

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would offer him the Carolina deal, and be done with it.... we have the cap space..... we WILL have injuries the next 3 years at CB.....its our history (almost our legacy)..... If you "overpay" by 1-2 mil per year, to get a good (not great) CB, in this passing league.... you would do it. (At least I would)

I would also sit Mr Reid down and ask him the flag question.  (I dont care how much the media slams us for it) If the kid is a knucklehead, headcase.......  I wouldnt sign him...... If he says that he wont.... he gets signed.  He would be an immedidiate improvement over our often injured SS.

The only LB I would consider bringing in today is Bowman.  as a SSLB.   There will be some serviceable players with cuts that should be available as well.

I think we will be middle of the pack with the DL, which to me is good enough.....

To me..... these three moves, brings the overall defense from bottom 2-3 to lower middle of the NFL.

Not Superbowl..... this year, but I think we could actually jump into the wildcard spot WITH these changes.... this year

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

The defense is young & raw... plus they're not actually allowed to hit QBs right now, so we honestly have nothing to measure them against until we see them on the field in September. Plus, anyone who expected them to be a formidable unit with all the new faces, scheme change, & new coaching staff just wasn't being realistic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Hopefully this signifies the offense is going to be unstoppable in general, but its unlikely... I trust Eberflus to turn it around though, as long as we focus on D the entirety of the 2019 offseason and draft.

I agree on the draft next year, i would hope for a OT and an OT/OG hybrid type, and hit the defense hard. I think alot of the young OFF skill players from this year will find their consistency in yr 2 of this new scheme 

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bringing him in twice shows Ballard has some interest. Breeland makes the final decision not Ballard. Also, you see the position as needing an upgrade and that does not mean the coaches or even Ballard do though.

Wilson went out for a play and was back out there for 11-on-11 drills and goal line stuff.

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Who says it's Ballard's issue.  Maybe all these magnificent free agents eschew the Colts because "it's Indianapolis" and not South Beach or L.A. or San Fran or NYC.  They don't want to be with Colts ... adios.

34 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would offer him the Carolina deal, and be done with it.... we have the cap space..... we WILL have injuries the next 3 years at CB.....its our history (almost our legacy)..... If you "overpay" by 1-2 mil per year, to get a good (not great) CB, in this passing league.... you would do it. (At least I would)

I would also sit Mr Reid down and ask him the flag question.  (I dont care how much the media slams us for it) If the kid is a knucklehead, headcase.......  I wouldnt sign him...... If he says that he wont.... he gets signed.  He would be an immedidiate improvement over our often injured SS.

The only LB I would consider bringing in today is Bowman.  as a SSLB.   There will be some serviceable players with cuts that should be available as well.

I think we will be middle of the pack with the DL, which to me is good enough.....

To me..... these three moves, brings the overall defense from bottom 2-3 to lower middle of the NFL.

Not Superbowl..... this year, but I think we could actually jump into the wildcard spot WITH these changes.... this year

There is no way to know right now if Ballard has not offered him that. Breeland might want to go somewhere else though.

Asking Reid about the flag is one thing but no owner is going to sign his paycheck when he has a lawsuit against them. He needs to drop all of that and like Kaep he probably knows he will continue to do his peaceful protest.

I do not see why we would bring in an older LB when we have guys who can compete. Walker being out sucks but right now you let guys heal with small tweaks so it does not linger or get worse. A guy might sit for 4 practices when during the season they might play through it.

I might be one of the few guys here that is fine with what we have. I would have liked Tre Boston but both our safeties will be back soon.

• Thanks 1

IMO Chris has made it clear, he wont sign someone just because they can help, if they are not 100% in to play colts football, hes gonna put out the good money for sold out all in players who put team before their own stats.

This statement is exempt from camp bodies signings!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I look at this as much more positive on the offensive end than negative on the defensive. 

Frank Reich is a great offensive mind that likes to exploit mismatches. This is great for this training camp... It's boosting the offense, but also teaching the young defense some things. Hooker and Geathers will help with any mismatches that sre really being exploited right now. And these young defensive backs are having to figure it out. I hope we can play fast on defense and learn to disrupt the game a bit. If we can over the course of the season, this team will get a lot of offensive possessions which can really wreck some teams. This offense can be more explosive than we have seen thus far with Luck and company.