Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/1/2018

TKnight24

I'll be attempting to get in tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't an insane amount of people trying to get in at 8:30 on a Wednesday. Was anyone there today? How was the line? IF I make it in I will be watching the LB and d-line group along with the WR

• Like 2

Even just aside from Luck and Reich's obvious QB connection it seems like their personalities would mesh so well. Both seems easy going, friendly, really smart. Especially when you consider just how different from them a certain coordinator in New Englad seems, kind of abrasive, among other things.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

great....

23 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

and with each passing day it's becoming more clear that that New England guy bailing was a huge blessing in disguise.

i think you might just be right

38 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Yup so padded practices may stop here shortly 

so I just looked it up, I was wrong... there is no total number of padded practices limited during camp, only during the season (14).  Only restrictions of padded practices during camp is 1 per day, 3 hours in length max. No full padded practice prior to day 3 of camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

from NFL.com

Every training camp is governed by the rules of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement. Here are the rules pertaining to training camp practices:

*The first day of training camp is limited to physical exams, meetings and classroom instruction. Running and conditioning are the only on-field activities permitted.

*No contact is allowed and no pads can be worn on the second and third days of training camp.

*After the third day of training camp two-a-days are permitted with the following restrictions:

*Players may be on the field for a total of no more than four hours per day.

*Players may participate in no more than one padded practice per day, which shall be no longer than three hours of on-field activities.

*There must be at least a three-hour break after the first practice.

*The second practice on the same day may only be for a maximum of the remaining available on-field time and has to be limited to only walk-through instruction (no helmets, full-speed pre-snap and walking pace after the snap).

*The three-hour limit on padded practices begins as soon as position coaches start to coach players on the field.

*If a team begins a padded practice but the practice is canceled within 60 minutes of its start due to inclement weather or any other reason beyond the team's control, the practice won't count as a padded practice.

*A padded practice is defined as a practice in which players are required to wear helmets and shoulder pads.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

and with each passing day it's becoming more clear that that New England guy bailing was a huge blessing in disguise.

I didn't want anything to do McDaniels. I much would have rather had Patricia. I honestly thought the Colts were going to make a hard run at Harbaugh. Either way I'm more than happy that Frank Reich is running the show now.

4 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Might be time to just cut Denzelle Good 

Let him play the preseason if he even makes it through that health wise, but let him go. Constantly getting banged up 

Was thinking the same thing.  Or at least bump him to a backup role.  Run with Howard?

Love reading about the big uglies getting intense and * off at each other. Goes in line with building that nasty mentality.

And on another note I’d saw a tweet stating that the offense was consistently dominating the defense in the goal line situations time and time again. Folks are going to have to be patient with the defense. It may not be too pleasant this year.

• Like 1

Just now, DaColts85 said:

They said the first team OL includes Howard at RT. I think Good was the backup in for reps during 1-on-1's.

Just now, DaColts85 said:

They said the first team OL includes Howard at RT. I think Good was the backup in for reps during 1-on-1's.

I missed that.  In that case, cut him loose.