Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oddsmakers giving us a gift.

dw49

19 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you won't advocate betting, then I will. It's a smart way to make money if you can exploit the system. Find suspicious betting lines and bet on them, find the stories in sports as they give them away and bet them to death when you learn who is getting advocated to win a major sports championship (9-11 Pats, Hurricane Katrina Saints, Ray Lewis Retiring Ravens, Manning retiring Broncos, Cubs ending the curse, Hurricane Irma Astros, etc...). The answer lies in front of you, you just have to solve the riddle.

Jared my man, not to pile on but you’re off base on this one.

1. The 9/11 Pats had what many consider the greatest head coach and QB of all time at the beginning of their careers, a top five defense, and playing in a city where 9/11 didn’t happen. It wasn’t divine intervention from the league to create the monster that is New England, the cards just fell that way. 

2. The Saints SB run came five years after Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane was in ‘05 and SB was in ‘10. The media did talk about it but that’s just what the media does, conjure up story lines that don’t matter. 

3. Ray Lewis’ retirement was probably used as motivation for the team,  it Joey Fluke-o played out of his mind for the first time in his life during that SB run. It’s not like there were any noteworthy controversial calls that put the Ravens in the Super Bowl. Rahim Moore wasn’t an inside job. 

4. Peyton was carried by the best defense in the league. Everyone says defense wins championships and that year was just another example. 

5. It would have made more sense for the Cubs to win it all the year before...the whole ‘Back to the Future’ thing and all. It’s not like it’s hard to guess which team is going to win the World Series anyway. Only eight teams make the postseason and realistically you pretty much know who’s gonna be in the conference championships at the beginning of the year. Cubs/Dodgers again and Astros/Red Sox this year. 

6. Last year was one of the easiest bets with baseball, almost as easy as predicting another Warriors finals win next year. They had the best roster and had the mid season trade for Verlander. That hurricane could have been on Mars and they still would have won. 

Plus man, if you’re making $20 bets on SB winners when the playoffs start, you might be able to take your family out to dinner on your winnings. If you’d have picked Philly at the beginning of last year, then I’d be impressed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

1. The 9/11 Pats had what many consider the greatest head coach and QB of all time at the beginning of their careers, a top five defense, and playing in a city where 9/11 didn’t happen. It wasn’t divine intervention from the league to create the monster that is New England, the cards just fell that way. 

2. The Saints SB run came five years after Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane was in ‘05 and SB was in ‘10. The media did talk about it but that’s just what the media does, conjure up story lines that don’t matter. 

3. Ray Lewis’ retirement was probably used as motivation for the team,  it Joey Fluke-o played out of his mind for the first time in his life during that SB run. It’s not like there were any noteworthy controversial calls that put the Ravens in the Super Bowl. Rahim Moore wasn’t an inside job. 

4. Peyton was carried by the best defense in the league. Everyone says defense wins championships and that year was just another example. 

5. It would have made more sense for the Cubs to win it all the year before...the whole ‘Back to the Future’ thing and all. It’s not like it’s hard to guess which team is going to win the World Series anyway. Only eight teams make the postseason and realistically you pretty much know who’s gonna be in the conference championships at the beginning of the year. Cubs/Dodgers again and Astros/Red Sox this year. 

6. Last year was one of the easiest bets with baseball, almost as easy as predicting another Warriors finals win next year. They had the best roster and had the mid season trade for Verlander. That hurricane could have been on Mars and they still would have won. 

Plus man, if you’re making $20 bets on SB winners when the playoffs start, you might be able to take your family out to dinner on your winnings. If you’d have picked Philly at the beginning of last year, then I’d be impressed. 

Now that it's been pointed out, in only makes sense that Philly won the SB.  Follow me on this.

The most famous item that Philly is known for is the Liberty Bell.  The liberty bell was commissioned in 1752.  That's right the Eagles beat the Patriots in Superbowl 52.

It's almost too easy once you know the connection.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Now that it's been pointed out, in only makes sense that Philly won the SB.  Follow me on this.

The most famous item that Philly is known for is the Liberty Bell.  The liberty bell was commissioned in 1752.  That's right the Eagles beat the Patriots in Superbowl 52.

The answer lies in front of you, you just have to solve the riddle. 

C762D8BE-8069-48E3-97D8-7D6B2B7154E1.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

5 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

The answer lies in front of you, you just have to solve the riddle. 

C762D8BE-8069-48E3-97D8-7D6B2B7154E1.jpeg

The great thing is I don't have to predict this, to be proven correct, I just need to point it out after the fact.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Great post.    Good points on these runs.  

It is all what you make it.   Had Carolina beaten Manning and the Broncos, it could have been said that the NFL wanted to highlight the passing of the torch from old QB's (Manning) to the new (Newton).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Hugh Jackson will be 53 in October.   I'm packing my bags and heading to Vegas

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, you think everyone on here is a liar and below you, so honestly it really doesn't matter. You'll go on being a sheep for the rest of your life and that's all there is to it. I did make money, and even if I was lying, I also found proof. You don't want to make money because you're too lazy to think, that's on you. You can have your 9-5 job with minimum wage. I'll have an extra income 2-3 times a year and live happily because I thought outside the box and learned about the real world.

Remember, it's "entertainment" as they admit too. That basically tells you right there they have full clearance to do anything they want with the game without legal ramifications. 

I'm done talking to you as this is going around in circles. Don't want to absorb my knowledge, fine. The evidence is right there and it's overwhelming.

Well, certainly "something" is overwhelming:bored:

• Like 1

Lol, 

This thread reminds me of those people that are convinced they are the ones who invented the new pop can top, or something similar, but were unfortunate enough to not get it patented in time.... otherwise they would be RICH I tell you.

Life is in fact a riddle ya know, some of us get it.... others do not.

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

You obviously never watched LOST... 108 was the number, made up of the other numbers -- 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. I'll never forget those numbers. 

My name is actually spelled Locke after John Locke on Lost.  Good catch on this one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So do we all know who is winning this year and why?… surely we all want to make some easy money.

I reckon we'll know when there is 00:01 left on the game clock in the Superbowl, then we can all quickly get to Vegas and place some bets and make millions!

Then boast about how we "knew" the answer to the riddle that is the league fixing..... you just gotta see the pattern.... in hindsight.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Superman said:

You obviously never watched LOST... 108 was the number, made up of the other numbers -- 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. I'll never forget those numbers. 

13 hours ago, LockeDown said:

My name is actually spelled Locke after John Locke on Lost.  Good catch on this one

LOST stole so much time of my life...  it started out so well, but then when it was over...  :scratch:  I remember re-watching episodes to try and make sense of how that show ended.

:tvsmash:

I wish I had Jared's sixth sense of seeing the story as it happens so I already know the outcome... could've saved myself from watching the last couple seasons.

• Like 2

• Nadine locked this topic