Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oddsmakers giving us a gift.

dw49

I am not a Conspiracy theorist and don't think sports is rigged but over the years certain teams have got same major REF help in big games. Some players have also made some boneheaded plays in big moments. Superbowl 40 looked strange with Pitt getting every big call go there way against Seattle. Some of those calls were bad calls actually. Seattle got screwed = Bettis goes out on top in his city - Detroit. I would never accuse our great Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne of throwing a game because they were both from New Orleans, that would be ridiculous. Having said that, Peyton throwing a pass right to a Saints CB and Reggie running a wrong route looked pretty scripted. Those guys were perfect all season. Just playing devil's advocate to add to this silly thread

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

John Madden called SB 40 a travesty and many people still think it was rigged. Many people also think the Lakers/Kings 2002 series was rigged for LA to 3-Peat. Game 6 looked fishy.

Yep, there were fouls on the kings every 5 secs. You ran by Kobe or Shaq and it was a foul. Hard contact on the Kings and no fouls. SB 40 was very bad as well. It's sports entertainment just like WWE, as admitted by the organizations themselves. People just don't realize it.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, there were fouls on the kings every 5 secs. You ran by Kobe or Shaq and it was a foul. Hard contact on the Kings and no fouls. SB 40 was very bad as well. It's sports entertainment just like WWE, as admitted by the organizations themselves. People just don't realize it.

I don't think sports is rigged so I am not as deep as you are on it but if a game is close and can go either way, the REFS can change the outcome of a game. Look at the 1995 AFC Title Game, K Stewart clearly goes out of bounds in the endzone, comes back in and catches a TD. Steelers beat us 20-16 to advance to the SB. What gets better ratings back then, Steelers vs Cowboys or Colts vs Cowboys? Easy answer is the 1st one.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Cubs were much better the year they won. Don't know why they didn't win a year earlier, I believe the mets were in the world series that year with the stifling pitching staff, and no one could score on them. 

The Saints weren't any good the first two years after Katrina hit. The third year they made a massive run, and the media ran with it and it got overblown since NO was still recovering and rebuilding.

The Rams are a mere guess because of the bias toward LA, as are the chargers. A million stories could be the correct one.

The Raiders aren't technically in Vegas yet. That's a good idea, but they haven't moved, and it would be weird to have the Raiders win for Vegas when they haven't relocated to Vegas yet.

So the Cubs won when they were better?   Go figure.    Same with the Saints.

I can see how you believe this, but it is easy to find things you want to see.   In October, 2017 there was a good story about an eagle that was nursed back to life after being shot by a poacher.  That is why the Eagles won the Superbowl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think sports is rigged so I am not as deep as you are on it but if a game is close and can go either way, the REFS can change the outcome of a game. Look at the 1995 AFC Title Game, K Stewart clearly goes out of bounds in the endzone, comes back in and catches a TD. Steelers beat us 20-16 to advance to the SB. What gets better ratings back then, Steelers vs Cowboys or Colts vs Cowboys? Easy answer is the 1st one.

You hit the nail on the head. The main benefit of a chosen team by the NFL is that they just have to keep it close to win. The refs will take care of them. The other team has to beat them decisively to win, such as when the Eagles beat the Vikings last year and ruined the story. One flag can change the whole dynamic of a close game, and 2 or 3 will determine it. That's the refs influence unless the game is out of reach late.

• Like 1

The only time I did really well guessing anything sports related was about 3 years ago. I correctly guessed the score and winner for Super Bowl XLIX. I guessed 28-24 New England win. The bad part, I didn't bet anything. Just a wild guess written down amongst friends. lol

• Like 1

Well, you think everyone on here is a liar and below you, so honestly it really doesn't matter. You'll go on being a sheep for the rest of your life and that's all there is to it. I did make money, and even if I was lying, I also found proof. You don't want to make money because you're too lazy to think, that's on you. You can have your 9-5 job with minimum wage. I'll have an extra income 2-3 times a year and live happily because I thought outside the box and learned about the real world.

Remember, it's "entertainment" as they admit too. That basically tells you right there they have full clearance to do anything they want with the game without legal ramifications. 

I'm done talking to you as this is going around in circles. Don't want to absorb my knowledge, fine. The evidence is right there and it's overwhelming.

Please let us know before you make these big bets this year

You hit the nail on the head. The main benefit of a chosen team by the NFL is that they just have to keep it close to win. The refs will take care of them. The other team has to beat them decisively to win, such as when the Eagles beat the Vikings last year and ruined the story. One flag can change the whole dynamic of a close game, and 2 or 3 will determine it. That's the refs influence unless the game is out of reach late.

I agree and if anyone thinks otherwise they are fooling themselves. I have watched enough Pacers games to see them get screwed over by LeBron teams. It happened this year in Game 5 vs the Cavs. That decided the series.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree and if anyone thinks otherwise they are fooling themselves. I have watched enough Pacers games to see them get screwed over by LeBron teams. It happened this year in Game 5 vs the Cavs. That decided the series.

I don't think anyone questions that.   Poor calls have impacted games for as long as sports have been around.   It's the thought that it is decided early on that a certain team is going to win.    Refs are then brought into a room and instructed to help them win.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Myles said:

So the Cubs won when they were better?   Go figure.    Same with the Saints.

I can see how you believe this, but it is easy to find things you want to see.   In October, 2017 there was a good story about an eagle that was nursed back to life after being shot by a poacher.  That is why the Eagles won the Superbowl.

The Cubs won when they had the umpires on their side. Answer this, would I bet $100, $200, and then $400 on the cubs 3 consecutive games if I didn't know something? You know how smart I am. I knew it was in the bag, I'm not a gambler, I take the sure thing after I solve the riddle. Gamblers are suckers in sports betting. 

The Saints never had a run like that the first two years. Yes, they had major support from the media that year because of the Hurricane Katrina recovery and the country was rooting them on. That was the time when they got hot.

As for winning when they are better, of course they do. If the Browns won the SB at random last year, it wouldn't make any sense. It'd be the most random thing out of nowhere. The team also has to do well to give off the illusion that it's competing because of performance and not collusion of the refs.

BTW, the Eagles were a simple underdog story after the Viking home SB win story failed. Simple backup story that was generic and boring except for Eagle fans.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Eagles didn't have a story, it was the Vikings who were supposed to win the SB in their home stadium. The Eagles just beat them so badly that the refs lost control of the game. The Cubs story was to break the 100+ year old curse. You must be dumber than I even thought if you don't realize this. The Warriors are making the finals every year and you know it. Then again, you didn't even know why the Cubs won, so maybe you are too dumb to know that. All they have to do is beat Lebron, and this year it wasn't hard. The NBA doesn't care who wins as long as it's a GS/CLE final (at the time, though they prefer Lebron). 

I also don't need to call it, all I need to do is provide sufficient evidence that it keeps happening, and I provided 6 of them. As far as fantasy goes, you beat me in daily fantasy (which i'm weaker at than yearly) at my 3rd best sport, so congratulations. Too bad you didn't win money like me because you can't figure out what the sports world is telling you to bet on.

This is all kinds of stupid.... your "theory" is laughable.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone questions that.   Poor calls have impacted games for as long as sports have been around.   It's the thought that it is decided early on that a certain team is going to win.    Refs are then brought into a room and instructed to help them win.  

Exactly

• Like 1

Of course I am not saying that. Jared is implying that part of it but I wanted to point out REFS can decide an outcome in the end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Please let us know before you make these big bets this year

Absolutely. As long as you admit I was right all along if I get the SB winner correct. If I win a SB bet and you don't admit my theory is right, you are perma-banned from the forum. Deal? I'll tell Nadine to pin it in case you weasel out, so you'll be banned. You always try to insult people and then crawl away. It won't happen this time. 

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

What?... come on guys... 

You don't think that throughout sports history, that not a single one of the literally thousands and thousands of referees not coming forward with this story puts your theory in the crapper?

You guys are better than this.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I temember Siragusa saying before the game "we really have to win the game on the field. They don't want is in(suber bowl). nobody wants us in". Meaning if its a close game the refs will help the steelers.

• Thanks 1

Jared, if you can tell me the winning teams in the NFL, NBA and MLB for the upcoming seasons right now, I'll give you my house and life savings come the day...

While you're at it, who will win the next presidential election, are aliens really among us and did we really land on the moon or was it all a hoax? (we did btw....)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely. As long as you admit I was right all along if I get the SB winner correct. If I win a SB bet and you don't admit my theory is right, you are perma-banned from the forum. Deal? I'll tell Nadine to pin it in case you weasel out, so you'll be banned. You always try to insult people and then crawl away. It won't happen this time. 

And what if he wins the bet? whats the deadline to bet on the SB in this scenario?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You have to call it before midseason

Just now, Chucklez said:

Jared, if you can tell me the winning teams in the NFL, NBA and MLB for the upcoming seasons right now, I'll give you my house and life savings come the day...

While you're at it, who will win the next presidential election, are aliens really among us and did we really land on the moon or was it all a hoax? (we did btw....)

I'll make you a deal, as soon as the story is revealed, I will let you know. It could be when some disaster happens, it could be when someone retires in a respective sport. That will determine it. I promise to PM you and let you know though when I have info I think is correct.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

You have to call it before midseason

Give me til week 12 with one possible switch before the playoffs start. When the playoffs start, the story will be clear. I always make a $20 bet on who will win the SB before the playoffs start based on what I feel the story is.

Give me til week 12 with one possible switch before the playoffs start. When the playoffs start, the story will be clear. I always make a $20 bet on who will win the SB before the playoffs start based on what I feel the story is.

By the time the playoffs start,   it doesn't take a Chinese puzzle master to figure out the favorites 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

By the time the playoffs start,   it doesn't take a Chinese puzzle master to figure out the favorites 

I would still have to get it right out of 12 teams. If you believe it is truly fair, then you should believe I have a 1 in 12 chance, right? That shouldn't be an issue for you. Unless you believe that if I follow a conspiracy story, it really could tell me who will win. It's not rigged though, right?

I honestly have no clue who will win the SB this year. I like the Vikings on paper but Cousins scares me. He's better than Keenum but Good not Great. I picked Denver before the 2015 Season and did it in here so I get respsect for that but they had Peyton and an insane Defense. It's a crapshoot now IMO.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would still have to get it right out of 12 teams. If you believe it is truly fair, then you should believe I have a 1 in 12 chance, right? That shouldn't be an issue for you. Unless you believe that if I follow a conspiracy story, it really could tell me who will win. It's not rigged though, right?

Being truly fair doesn’t equal 1 in 12, flawed logic there.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't even do the odds correct.   With 12 teams in the playoffs, it is not a 1 in 12 chance.   There are still favorites.   

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Being truly fair doesn’t equal 1 in 12, flawed logic there.

That's not what I mean, I mean truly fair as in the SB isn't rigged. If Jvan thinks that, then he should believe I will be at a huge disadvantage choosing only 1 out of 12 teams and have no problem letting me wait until right before the playoffs start to make my prediction. That's how I win my money, I don't bet it at midseason like he wants me to do when nothing is settled yet.

The Cubs won when they had the umpires on their side. Answer this, would I bet $100, $200, and then $400 on the cubs 3 consecutive games if I didn't know something? You know how smart I am. I knew it was in the bag, I'm not a gambler, I take the sure thing after I solve the riddle. Gamblers are suckers in sports betting. 

I don't believe you win any bets.   I think you are all talk sitting behind your computer or tablet.    With your illogical thinking, I question whether you are even an adult.  

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's not what I mean, I mean truly fair as in the SB isn't rigged. If Jvan thinks that, then he should believe I will be at a huge disadvantage choosing only 1 out of 12 teams and have no problem letting me wait until right before the playoffs start to make my prediction. That's how I win my money, I don't bet it at midseason like he wants me to do when nothing is settled yet.

Let's not wait for the NFL playoffs.   Lets test your theory with the MLB playoffs.   But you can't pick the Red Sox, Dodgers or Astros.   Those are easy choices.

I don't believe you win any bets.   I think you are all talk sitting behind your computer or tablet.    With your illogical thinking, I question whether you are even an adult.  

Then what is my motivation for lying? Answer me that? My examples that I provided are all true. I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this if it was just a "theory" to me. I learned this from actual experience, starting from when I was 13. I'm trying to teach people this to make money, because I made money off of it. It's what got me through college. I actual enjoy talking to people on this forum and have a good image on here. I don't need to lie to create a better one.

What would you classify as a big enough natural disaster? The flooding in Houston? Wild fires in California?  Will Hawaii start a team and win the SB in a couple years because of Kilauea or Puerto Rico because of Hurricane Maria?  There are always natural disasters, always prominent players retiring that dont get a ring. I agree that refs can swing the outcome of a game but to say the whole system is rigged is far-fetched.  I'm really sure the NFL wanted the Pats to win the SB after deflategate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Let's not wait for the NFL playoffs.   Lets test your theory with the MLB playoffs.   But you can't pick the Red Sox, Dodgers or Astros.   Those are easy choices.

The Red Sox are the obvious choice because of how much they have loaded up, however with two months left and choosing someone else, I would choose the Indians. There's a rumor they will go after Harper. If they get him in a rental trade, they probably win the WS. That would be all over the media if they got Harper, and they would talk about how the Indians haven't won a WS for 70 years. This is an extremely early guess though without the Harper trade happening yet.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not a 1 in 12 chance.  Teams make the playoffs every year that we know aren't going to win the super bowl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Everyone said:

What would you classify as a big enough natural disaster? The flooding in Houston? Wild fires in California?  Will Hawaii start a team and win the SB in a couple years because of Kilauea or Puerto Rico because of Hurricane Maria?  There are always natural disasters, always prominent players retiring that dont get a ring. I agree that refs can swing the outcome of a game but to say the whole system is rigged is far-fetched.

Hawaii isn't building a team. The wildfires in California don't qualify unless it's in a specific city of an NFL team that they can play for like NO. A player retiring has to be a Hall Of Famer, and on a team that is in contention in the year they are retiring. If both of those qualify, there's a strong chance that can win the SB.

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not a 1 in 12 chance.  Teams make the playoffs every year that we know aren't going to win the super bowl

The Eagles won the SB last year and I guarantee you didn't know that was going to happen. Any team that makes the playoffs has a chance. Don't weasel out JVan, I'm not picking midseason and gambling. I'm doing it my way, how I've bet the last 9 years. Wait until before the playoffs and make a calculated pick. You won't con me into making an uneducated guess. Nice try though.