Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oddsmakers giving us a gift.

dw49

I'm not advocating betting , but I think this team is highly underrated .  I've been adding a little more every week. 9-2 to win the division , 50-1 and up to 75-1 to win the SB. Over and under is 6.5 but you lay $135 to win a $100.  These are all steals if Luck's shoulder issue is over and he holds up. 

32 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I'm not advocating betting , but I think this team is highly underrated .  I've been adding a little more every week. 9-2 to win the division , 50-1 and up to 75-1 to win the SB. Over and under is 6.5 but you lay $135 to win a $100.  These are all steals if Luck's shoulder issue is over and he holds up. 

If you won't advocate betting, then I will. It's a smart way to make money if you can exploit the system. Find suspicious betting lines and bet on them, find the stories in sports as they give them away and bet them to death when you learn who is getting advocated to win a major sports championship (9-11 Pats, Hurricane Katrina Saints, Ray Lewis Retiring Ravens, Manning retiring Broncos, Cubs ending the curse, Hurricane Irma Astros, etc...). The answer lies in front of you, you just have to solve the riddle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you won't advocate betting, then I will. It's a smart way to make money if you can exploit the system. Find suspicious betting lines and bet on them, find the stories in sports as they give them away and bet them to death when you learn who is getting advocated to win a major sports championship (9-11 Pats, Hurricane Katrina Saints, Ray Lewis Retiring Ravens, Manning retiring Broncos, Cubs ending the curse, Hurricane Irma Astros, etc...). The answer lies in front of you, you just have to solve the riddle.

I agree , there's nothing wrong with betting and some really do beat it in a big way. I was just being safe with the mods as I remember there are a few guidelines on posting threads regarding gambling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You keep advocating this.    Please give us your amazing knowledge on the upcoming season.   Last year was certainly not a good year for you

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You keep advocating this.    Please give us your amazing knowledge on the upcoming season.   Last year was certainly not a good year for you

I don't know the story yet. There could be a natural disaster, there could be a death in the NFL like Tony Sparano, there could be someone like Tom Brady retiring. Don't know yet. However, all the examples I gave give me credence that my theory is right as it happens time after time rather than your "it's not rigged" theory. Again, you want to pick a fight, take it with me in a PM, you literally add nothing to this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't know the story yet. There could be a natural disaster, there could be a death in the NFL like Tony Sparano, there could be someone like Tom Brady retiring. Don't know yet. However, all the examples I gave give me credence that my theory is right as it happens time after time rather than your "it's not rigged" theory. Again, you want to pick a fight, take it with me in a PM, you literally add nothing to this forum.

What was the eagles story last year, what was the cubs story the year they won,   what was the warriors story last year? I could go on and on.   Your theory holds no water unless you call it before it happens.   

You showed your fantasy skills last year.   Not good

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i wouldnt touch that 6.5 either way, its basically a bet on lucks health 

we have games against some of the best and worst teams in the league it should be interesting at least 

6.5 is a pretty safe over. It will probably increase to 7.5 by the time the season begins if Luck shows he's completely healthy by the beginning of the season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

6.5 is a pretty safe over. It will probably increase to 7.5 by the time the season begins if Luck shows he's completely healthy by the beginning of the season.

i could see around 8-8 or so looking at the schedule.  the texans are hard to predict with their injury situation like us, and the titans are well rounded enough to win on a given sunday but they dont really excel at anything either 

outside the division we have road games against both superbowl teams and we play the the jet and  dolphins 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agree and that's why the site I saw the 6.5 number on made you lay 135 to 100. They know they will take the worst of it if Luck is back. It's discouraging you from betting it as you have to lay all that big. 

• Like 2

I think if Luck and the team looks good and healthy in the Pre-season, the over/under betting line will be 8.5. If it's 7.5, most people will still take the over because 8-8 is probable. If it's set at 8.5 then most people would have to think for a while on that one. I personally have us winning 9 games if Luck plays all 16.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Saint's didn't win the Super Bowl until a couple seasons after Katrina bud. Also, are you advocating that since a terrorist attack happened in New York that the NFL decided to rig it for that city's biggest rival? If you "pick" games on a weekly basis I'd be more than happy to post them here every week, your picks versus mine and see how it shakes it. You show me someone who brags about their gambling prowess, I'll show you a loser.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Saint's didn't win the Super Bowl until a couple seasons after Katrina bud. Also, are you advocating that since a terrorist attack happened in New York that the NFL decided to rig it for that city's biggest rival? If you "pick" games on a weekly basis I'd be more than happy to post them here every week, your picks versus mine and see how it shakes it. You show me someone who brags about their gambling prowess, I'll show you a loser.

The NFL was touting Katrina that entire season and how great it would be for the Saints to win one for the struggling city of New Orleans as they got better and better. Also, yes I am advocating that. The "Patriot" name was a representation of the unity between all Americans on 9-11, and the NFL wanted a feel good story to bring the country together. I figured that one out when I was 13 and had my uncle make a bet on it. 

I don't bet on every game, only losers bet on every game and it's impossible to win in the long run because of the odds. I pick Super Bowls, World Series, NBA Finals, and certain games from time to time that have an agenda behind it (a player or coach dies for example, and the team dedicates the game to him). You would probably beat me in the long run if you are a professional gambler. I seek out the story for championship games and special agenda games, and make a big bet when it's necessary. I don't try to make a living off it, that's nearly impossible.

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The NFL was touting Katrina that entire season and how great it would be for the Saints to win one for the struggling city of New Orleans as they got better and better. Also, yes I am advocating that. The "Patriot" name was a representation of the unity between all Americans on 9-11, and the NFL wanted a feel good story to bring the country together. I figured that one out when I was 13 and had my uncle make a bet on it. 

I don't bet on every game, only losers bet on every game and it's impossible to win in the long run because of the odds. I pick Super Bowls, World Series, NBA Finals, and certain games from time to time that have an agenda behind it (a player or coach dies for example, and the team dedicates the game to him). You would probably beat me in the long run if you are a professional gambler. I seek out the story for championship games and special agenda games, and make a big bet when it's necessary. I don't try to make a living off it, that's nearly impossible.

I had a bad feeling about that SB because even CBS was talking about Katrina alot in the pre-game show. Katie Curic and the CBS crew talked about it so much that it almost made me think it was rigged for us to lose and the Saints to win. When President Obama spoke about it as well, that even furthered my thinking. Regarding the Cubs winning it, they were down 3-1 in the series so IMO the Indians basically choked that away. Indians hadn't won it either in nearly 70 years and they were at home for games 6 and 7. That was just a case of them blowing it.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had a bad feeling about that SB because even CBS was talking about Katrina alot in the pre-game show. Katie Curic and the CBS crew talked about it so much that it almost made me think it was rigged for us to lose and the Saints to win. When President Obama spoke about it as well, that even furthered my thinking. Regarding the Cubs winning it, they were down 3-1 in the series so IMO the Indians basically choked that away. Indians hadn't won it either in nearly 70 years and we were at home for games 6 and 7. That was just a case of them blowing it.

I bet $300 on the Saints, but I felt sick doing it. The Colts were the huge favorites so I had +300 odds or so, and I had to do it. The Cubs was rigged because of all the press about it. I realize the Indians haven't won it since 1948, but no won cared when the Cubs hadn't won it for even longer. 100+ years is a solid, magical number, that will always get press, and be a huge deal. 70 just doesn't have the same ring to it. I can't remember, but I don't think Lebron won Cleveland their title yet, and nobody cared about them the way they do Chicago. I know the media, sports world, and most fans were rooting for the Cubs to end the 100 year curse, and it was a huge baseball story. Those last three games I bet on the Cubs each time straight up. They couldn't lose or they were done, and MLB wasn't going to allow that to happen.

Not too many people know this and even fewer actually say it on a chat room or in public.

My props.

Also when a leagues favourite team, or a much more favorable market team over a much less favorable team is in a MUST WIN to get in playoffs or championship etc.... 

Like the pats/steelers needing a win for playoffs or home field advantage etc..

I think you will agree that the Texans MAY HAVE drafted mario williams over Reggie Bush not because they liked him more But maybe because of Katrina the city of New Orleans needed a star like Reggie Bush much more than the Texans did.

Elway refusing to sign with colts. The Manning family not wanting Eli with chargers etc...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I bet $300 on the Saints, but I felt sick doing it. The Colts were the huge favorites so I had +300 odds or so, and I had to do it. The Cubs was rigged because of all the press about it. I realize the Indians haven't won it since 1948, but no won cared when the Cubs hadn't won it for even longer. 100+ years is a solid, magical number, that will always get press, and be a huge deal. 70 just doesn't have the same ring to it. I can't remember, but I don't think Lebron won Cleveland their title yet, and nobody cared them the way they do Chicago. I know the media, sports world, and most fans were rooting for the Cubs to end the 100 year curse, and it was a huge baseball story. Those last three games I bet on the Cubs each time straight up. They couldn't lose or they were done, and MLB wasn't going to allow that to happen.

I was in Vegas during the The Colts/Saints SB, watched it in Vegas. Guess what, I stayed away from that game. Everyone knows how much I love the Colts and I even thought we had the better team. If that tells anyone anything. Colts were only giving 5.5 and i still said NAH.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was in Vegas during the The Colts/Saints SB, watched it in Vegas. Guess what, I stayed away from that game. Everyone knows how much I love the Colts and I even thought we had the better team. If that tells anyone anything. Colts were only giving 5.5 and i still said NAH.

Yeah, that was my first major bet as I was 21 at the time and had made some money playing poker. Took a deposit out and placed a bet on the Saints. That actually helped me get through a semester of college.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This entire series of posts by you is so embarrassing, I’m not sure there are words to describe it.    But I didn’t realize you were a massive conspiracy theorist until this thread.

In one of the posts you said you figured things out when you were 13.     13?!?

Oh Dear God!      :facepalm:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This entire series of posts by you is so embarrassing, I’m not sure there are words to describe it.    But I didn’t realize you were a massive conspiracy theorist until this thread.

In one of the posts you said you figured things out when you were 13.     13?!?

Oh Dear God!      :facepalm:

If you want to think different, that's your prerogative. I'm a lifetime winner at sports betting though (by a good margin) by betting this way. 99% will lose in the long run. This is the only way to win in the long run. The evidence supports that it is happening because of the large sample size, and I wouldn't be making $50 bets on the world series and nba finals and specific games related to them as well as $100+ bets on the SB if they were random chance. I learn the outcome and bet accordingly. I'm not a gambler per se, I'm a sure thing better. Although things go wrong from time to time on bets, I've won 80+% of the time doing this method, and no amount of daily sports betting strategies will get close to that.

Paid for college doing this, gone on trips, been able to live a good life, all by using my brain and solving the riddle the particular sports present to me. It's like WWE, except they don't admit they are fake. The world's best kept secret to all but a few, and I will benefit from it until it is learned by the public.

2 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I'm with Jared all the way. Only this month, a day before the Open Golf Championship, my wife took me out for a pizza. It was a sign. A real sign. So I put a nice bet on Francesco Molinari. 

Bingo!

All the signs are right in front of you. Honest.

Actually, this sounds like hypocrisy after what I said before, but Golf is 100% real. I have 0 evidence that it is rigged. Every time I have placed a bet on a golfer and won, it's because of research, trends, and learning the golfers tendencies. It's actually my favorite game in a way, because it's so pure and nothing political or trashy surrounds the sport (like the anthem protests, contract disputes, etc...). That was a proud moment for me when Molinari won the British open as I'm half-Italian.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have a lot of time for you Jared, and enjoy your postings, but this is just crazy stuff. I am a huge advocate for the fact that correlation does not equal causation.  Just because something happened doesn't mean it was destined to happen, it just means it happened.  

I am also a gambler (in Scotland its legal online) and can advocate that the "advocated" teams don't always win.  Leicester winning the EPL being a prime example.  Sports is sports, and life is life, sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to, and sometimes they don't.

It is like one of my favourite jokes about being an atheist, but it applies in this scenario equally well.......

Believer to an Atheist:  "You are like a blind man, wearing a blindfold, in a dark room, searching for a black cat that is not there"

Atheist to Believer: "You are also like a blind man, wearing a blindfold, in a dark room, searching for a black cat that is not there.......but you have found it!"

10 hours ago, dw49 said:

As mentioned above, you can gamble in Scotland online and so I have £20 on Colts to win the Superbowl at 50/1 (took that a while ago and now up to 66/1 :yuk:) and £20 on Andrew Luck for comeback player of the year at 9/2 (would win £110).

I know the SB one is a mega long shot but still fun.  Luck for comeback player could be a good one though, even with strong competition from Rodgers, OBJ and Wentz.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I'm with Jared all the way. Only this month, a day before the Open Golf Championship, my wife took me out for a pizza. It was a sign. A real sign. So I put a nice bet on Francesco Molinari. 

Bingo!

All the signs are right in front of you. Honest.

I knew I shouldn't have had paella, Jon Rahm owes me £20! haha

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I have a lot of time for you Jared, and enjoy your postings, but this is just crazy stuff. I am a huge advocate for the fact that correlation does not equal causation.  Just because something happened doesn't mean it was destined to happen, it just means it happened.  

I am also a gambler (in Scotland its legal online) and can advocate that the "advocated" teams don't always win.  Leicester winning the EPL being a prime example.  Sports is sports, and life is life, sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to, and sometimes they don't.

It is like one of my favourite jokes about being an atheist, but it applies in this scenario equally well.......

Believer to an Atheist:  "You are like a blind man, wearing a blindfold, in a dark room, searching for a black cat that is not there"

Atheist to Believer: "You are also like a blind man, wearing a blindfold, in a dark room, searching for a black cat that is not there.......but you have found it!"

There are times when it doesn't happen and I have lost. When the Pats had their undefeated regular season, they were supposed to win the SB, and a David Tyree helmet catch prevented it. That's something so obscure that the refs were not prepared for it. The Vikings were supposed to win this year and become the first team in NFL History to win the SB in their home city, but the Eagles dominated them so thoroughly on both offense and defense, that no amount of corruption would of changed the outcome of the game, and they went with the Eagles underdog story afterward. 

It sounds ridiculous to some, but do you really think I'd make big bets on these games if they were random chance? I'm a very frugal person in real life. I save a lot and use my money only for things I need usually. Sometimes I'll take a vacation, but I do it cheaply. If I buy possessions like Video Games, I always do it at the flea market and get discounts on top of cheap prices. The history of it happening exactly that way in the NFL based on the event that happened that particular year (32 teams in football, 30 in baseball), is way to unlikely to be coincidence, and the sample size that has built up over the years is too much to ignore.

It doesn't happen every year, but that's because the officials can't make it too obvious, and that means if one game gets way out of hand, it'll ruin the entire plan. It has happened way more than it should though to be equal random chance among 30-32 teams. If the "chosen" team always keeps it close or dominates the game, the officials will make sure they come out the winner.

• Thanks 1

Entertaining topic. I’ll play along.  

If you are looking for a narrative, how about the Glorious new stadium in LA and the homecoming/rebranding of the Rams?  They really want that market to be successful,  Or the Chargers who are in that market now and an aging star QB could finally get his ring.  

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

Entertaining topic. I’ll play along.  

If you are looking for a narrative, how about the Glorious new stadium in LA and the homecoming/rebranding of the Rams?  They really want that market to be successful,  Or the Chargers who are in that market now and an aging star QB could finally get his ring.  

Rivers is that guy who may make the hall of fame, but will never get the credit he deserves because of other QB's in his era like Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. I don't think they rig a SB especially for him. I completely agree with the LA Narrative though. Last year, neither the Rams, nor the Chargers were ready to make the SB and represent LA there. With the Chargers improved, and the Rams an absolute juggernaut this year, I can see the NFL actively pushing one or both teams to make the SB this year if given the chance. That's definitely a possible story of note before the season starts. 

Why didn't the Cubs win the year before they actually won?  They could have broken the curse a year earlier.  

So if the Saints would have won the Superbowl in any of 3 years around Katrina, it would have been the same? 

I think you look into stuff too much and find what you want to find.  The Ancient Aliens show does the same thing.

You say the Rams are "an absolute juggernaut this year", so you think the NFL will push them to make the Superbowl.   It's pretty easy to claim one of the best teams will be rigged to make the Superbowl.    After the Vegas shooting, wouldn't the Raiders be the better story?

• Like 3

I bet $300 on the Saints, but I felt sick doing it. The Colts were the huge favorites so I had +300 odds or so, and I had to do it. The Cubs was rigged because of all the press about it. I realize the Indians haven't won it since 1948, but no won cared when the Cubs hadn't won it for even longer. 100+ years is a solid, magical number, that will always get press, and be a huge deal. 70 just doesn't have the same ring to it. I can't remember, but I don't think Lebron won Cleveland their title yet, and nobody cared about them the way they do Chicago. I know the media, sports world, and most fans were rooting for the Cubs to end the 100 year curse, and it was a huge baseball story. Those last three games I bet on the Cubs each time straight up. They couldn't lose or they were done, and MLB wasn't going to allow that to happen.

108 isn't a magical number.   If your theory is correct it would have happened on the 100 year anniversary 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There are times when it doesn't happen and I have lost. When the Pats had their undefeated regular season, they were supposed to win the SB, and a David Tyree helmet catch prevented it. That's something so obscure that the refs were not prepared for it. The Vikings were supposed to win this year and become the first team in NFL History to win the SB in their home city, but the Eagles dominated them so thoroughly on both offense and defense, that no amount of corruption would of changed the outcome of the game, and they went with the Eagles underdog story afterward. 

It sounds ridiculous to some, but do you really think I'd make big bets on these games if they were random chance? I'm a very frugal person in real life. I save a lot and use my money only for things I need usually. Sometimes I'll take a vacation, but I do it cheaply. If I buy possessions like Video Games, I always do it at the flea market and get discounts on top of cheap prices. The history of it happening exactly that way in the NFL based on the event that happened that particular year (32 teams in football, 30 in baseball), is way to unlikely to be coincidence, and the sample size that has built up over the years is too much to ignore.

It doesn't happen every year, but that's because the officials can't make it too obvious, and that means if one game gets way out of hand, it'll ruin the entire plan. It has happened way more than it should though to be equal random chance among 30-32 teams. If the "chosen" team always keeps it close or dominates the game, the officials will make sure they come out the winner.

It's easy to claim you made big bets after the fact.    Posting about these big bets before it happens might give you some credibility

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

It's easy to claim you made big bets after the fact.    Posting about these big bets before it happens might give you some credibility

Perhaps I can't prove I made the big bets (no reason to lie anyway), I can prove that multiple situations happened though that lean toward my theory. I provided 6 examples to you earlier that are undisputable. Each had to do with a player retiring, or a disaster happening. Whether I can prove I bet on them is irrelevant. I can prove they happened with hard stats. You are on your leg saying 108 years is really a difference from 100 in the Cubs one. It was over 100 years, it was a big deal and talked about by the sports media when the Cubs had their best chance in that timeframe of winning a WS, and the rest is history. 

The bets are irrelevant to the discussion, it's the teams that won because of the events that's the subject at hand. The bets are merely why I believe this to be true, because it's helped me in life, so of course I believe it to be true until a large pattern of me being wrong starts.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Perhaps I can't prove I made the big bets (no reason to lie anyway), I can prove that multiple situations happened though that lean toward my theory. I provided 6 examples to you earlier that are undisputable. Each had to do with a player retiring, or a disaster happening. Whether I can prove I bet on them is irrelevant. I can prove they happened with hard stats. You are on your leg saying 108 years is really a difference from 100 in the Cubs one. It was over 100 years, it was a big deal and talked about by the sports media when the Cubs had their best chance in that timeframe of winning a WS, and the rest is history. 

The bets are irrelevant to the discussion, it's the teams that won because of the events that's the subject at hand. The bets are merely why I believe this to be true, because it's helped me in life, so of course I believe it to be true until a large pattern of me being wrong starts.

It's easy to look at a season and find "proof"  after the fact.    Anyone can do that

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

Why didn't the Cubs win the year before they actually won?  They could have broken the curse a year earlier.  

So if the Saints would have won the Superbowl in any of 3 years around Katrina, it would have been the same? 

I think you look into stuff too much and find what you want to find.  The Ancient Aliens show does the same thing.

You say the Rams are "an absolute juggernaut this year", so you think the NFL will push them to make the Superbowl.   It's pretty easy to claim one of the best teams will be rigged to make the Superbowl.    After the Vegas shooting, wouldn't the Raiders be the better story?

The Cubs were much better the year they won. Don't know why they didn't win a year earlier, I believe the mets were in the world series that year with the stifling pitching staff, and no one could score on them. 

The Saints weren't any good the first two years after Katrina hit. The third year they made a massive run, and the media ran with it and it got overblown since NO was still recovering and rebuilding.

The Rams are a mere guess because of the bias toward LA, as are the chargers. A million stories could be the correct one.

The Raiders aren't technically in Vegas yet. That's a good idea, but they haven't moved, and it would be weird to have the Raiders win for Vegas when they haven't relocated to Vegas yet.

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's easy to look at a season and find "proof"  after the fact.    Anyone can do that

Well, you think everyone on here is a liar and below you, so honestly it really doesn't matter. You'll go on being a sheep for the rest of your life and that's all there is to it. I did make money, and even if I was lying, I also found proof. You don't want to make money because you're too lazy to think, that's on you. You can have your 9-5 job with minimum wage. I'll have an extra income 2-3 times a year and live happily because I thought outside the box and learned about the real world.

Remember, it's "entertainment" as they admit too. That basically tells you right there they have full clearance to do anything they want with the game without legal ramifications. 

I'm done talking to you as this is going around in circles. Don't want to absorb my knowledge, fine. The evidence is right there and it's overwhelming.

• Like 1