Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clayton Geathers & Malik Hooker Update

TKnight24

Pretty excited about this, everybody talks about the lack of playmakers we have but I think we'll be surprised. On offense Luck TY Ebron Nelson and Mack will be playmakers and on defense I believe Leonard Hooker Geathers and Wilson will be playmakers. We are a shutdown corner from potentially being one of the best secondaries in the league. Just need experience under their belt.

7 hours ago, TKnight24 said:
7 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Both players are running, good sign. Would like them to play a bit in preseason but perfectly fine with sitting them until week 1 or 2 and just dealing with the rust then

I agree. Its always a good sign whem a football player is able to run.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucky1 said:

Pretty excited about this, everybody talks about the lack of playmakers we have but I think we'll be surprised. On offense Luck TY Ebron Nelson and Mack will be playmakers and on defense I believe Leonard Hooker Geathers and Wilson will be playmakers. We are a shutdown corner from potentially being one of the best secondaries in the league. Just need experience under their belt.

Breeland is still out there and he's a very good corner.  Problem solved if we sign him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucky1 said:

Imagine if we still had Vontae in his prime. This would be a god secondary  

I bet Hooker starts on PUP and misses the first 6 weeks and I'm ok with that. He will be a stud and the team needs to focus on his long term health. ACLs usually take almost a full year to get back to 100%. No use rushing him before he's ready. Geathers, Ballard said was around 85% so I expect that he might be good to go come September.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree. Its always a good sign whem a football player is able to run.

Just to echo what Jared said, sarcastic captain obvious statements always make me chuckle too. 

That's a complement BTW not a criticism on my end LJ. I may be off in more ways than one, but funny is still funny nevertheless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lucky1 said:

Yes, we have some good players I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people. 

11 hours ago, Lucky1 said:

Yes, and Mathis said we will be surprised how good our pass rush be he said he didn't want to give away anything. 

Are either (or both) players still so far behind in rehab that they would certainly miss the first 6 weeks of the season?  Reason being, if either one (or both) does not come off the Active (training camp) PUP before the 53 man rosters are set, they must be placed on Reserve/PUP (or IR'd) and miss the first 6 weeks of the season. That is over 1/3 of the year.  If they are only going to miss a game or two, they'll be off the PUP before training camp ends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Just to echo what Jared said, sarcastic captain obvious statements always make me chuckle too. 

That's a complement BTW not a criticism on my end LJ. I may be off in more ways than one, but funny is still funny nevertheless. 

Thanks very much.

A chuckle is always a good thing.

Especially after what happened to me last night.

I went to a bar and met a Cutie. I brought her home and right after we made love she had the nerve to tell me that I was the worst lover she ever had!

I asked her how could she tell after only 20 seconds?

Heres another corny one that many here probably heard before.

What do you call a fake noodle?

A impasta !!!

7 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

As much potential as Geathers has I can’t see him living up to it.  I see him as another Bob Sanders but without the production.  This is his fourth year and he’s ended in IR all three seasons.  

Speaking of being “Bob Sanders like”, I wonder if Bob would be flagged a lot with the new rule prohibiting lowering your helmet ? (I applaud their efforts to make the game safer but still don’t know how they’re going to enforce it).

Geathers can be that kind of difference maker and perhaps the new rules will help him stay healthy?

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

why? Hooker is supposed to be back next week. Geathers is supposed to be 80%

Hooker is supposed to be back by next week?  That's a pretty fast recovery for someone who tore his ACL in week 7 last season.

11 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Hooker is supposed to be back by next week?  That's a pretty fast recovery for someone who tore his ACL in week 7 last season.

Yeah, and I found it funny how the Colts lost all benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries.  Nobody nationally believes Luck is fine or that Hooker will be ready.  By contrast, Watson is a mobile QB coming off a later ACL than Hooker, yet he is listed as the reason Houston will compete for the AFC title (despite starting only 7 games so far)...

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

mid august is 9 months. He tore it in october. If hes running and cutting already then hes at the right timeframe

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Supposed to be are words I've heard many times before.  I hope they are both ready by week 1

its not like there isn't proof already they will be ready. They've been in practice albeit on the other field and there is a video of them working on the field together. If there was any urgency that they wouldn't be ready, we would have signed boston instead sharmoko thomas

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Yeah, and I found it funny how the Colts lost all benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries.  Nobody nationally believes Luck is fine or that Hooker will be ready.  By contrast, Watson is a mobile QB coming off a later ACL than Hooker, yet he is listed as the reason Houston will compete for the AFC title (despite starting only 7 games so far)...

I agree that Watson should probably not be the main reason that Houston will compete for the AFC south title, let alone the AFC title.  He is bound to have some of his mobility limited.  I would think that Hooker would have some of his mobility limited as well and for a safety that would be an issue.  If Hooker is ready week one, then fantastic, all the better for the Colts.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

mid august is 9 months. He tore it in october. If hes running and cutting already then hes at the right timeframe

That just seems fast for a torn ACL, but if he is ready, that's great.

21 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Thanks very much.

I went to a bar and met a Cutie. I brought her home and right after we made love she had the nerve to tell me that I was the worst lover she ever had!

A impasta !!!

Nobody is satisfied these days man. You should have told her that your swift player efficiency rating allows her to get back to her favorite book, TV show, food, or movie faster. It figures. You were thinking of her needs & yet, you my friend are not respected for that. What is this world coming too? Sigh...That's gratitude for ya. haha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Thanks very much.

A impasta !!!

Good one!  My dirty joke of the day:

Husband:  "How come you never tell me when you have an orgasm any more?"

Wife: "I don't like to call you at work."