Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warren Sharp thoughts on Colts 2018 schedule

ColtsBlueFL

Thought I would share Sharp's thoughts on Colts schedule this year-

"Although Indy plays in an improving AFC South and draws the Eagles and Patriots in the first five weeks, the Colts nearly have one of the league’s ten softest schedules. Indianapolis does face both Super Bowl 52 participants on the road, games in which Frank Reich’s team will likely be a double-digit underdog. Yet this gives the Colts more home games against easier competition, which is what you want if you’re pulling for a higher win-total ceiling. The Colts also face the NFL’s fifth-softest schedule of defenses, including the league’s easiest slate of run defenses (and rush defense correlates better year to year than pass defense). Indy’s season still hinges on Andrew Luck’s health. Sports books currently appear to be operating as if Luck won’t play; the Colts are favored in only three games with a weak 6.0-game win total. The Colts played the NFL’s third-toughest pass-defense schedule last year and still led entering the fourth quarter in 9-of-16 games. Terrible, predictable coaching caused them to win just four of those games."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Is there a more perfect description of the 2017 Colts? 

A bit more accurate description would be "Terrible, predictable coaching in the 4th quarter caused them to win just four games."

The coaching was good enough to have those leads in the first 3 quarters and most people do not consider that. But in the 4th quarter, they would completely walk away from what was working -- what actually got them the lead in the first place, and use Gore as a battering ram.

Just visited my daughter/ son in law and granddaughters. They are staunch Eagles fans. I’m not a betting man but if I was, I’d take the Colts and points September 20th (provided the Colts show improvement.)

They asked me how the Colts are going to run on the Eagles Dline and I said;”two words... Quenton Nelson”.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Just visited my daughter/ son in law and granddaughters. They are staunch Eagles fans. I’m not a betting man but if I was, I’d take the Colts and points September 20th (provided the Colts show improvement.)

They asked me how the Colts are going to run on the Eagles Dline and I said;”two words... Quenton Nelson”.

Just throw it right over their D-Line to the RB that's behind them. 

13 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Is Warren Sapp still working in NFL circles anymore? Or was this some random reporter asking a HOF player a question on the street? Just curious...

Not sure where Sapp is these days.  But the info posted here is not from Sapp, but Sharp. Both are named Warren, though.

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not sure where Sapp is these days.  But the info posted here is not from Sapp, but Sharp. Both are named Warren, though.

Thanks for the clarification CBFL. I figured it was an innocent typo & you meant Warren Sapp or  Shannon Sharpe. Never heard of Warren Sharpe actually. I stand corrected thank you.

INDY is gonna surprise a lot of football pundits. Trust me.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:07 PM, coltsfeva said:

I've gotta question your dad skills. How is that daughter of yours not a Colts fan? Where did you go wrong?

:sarcasm:

21 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks for the clarification CBFL. I figured it was an innocent typo & you meant Warren Sapp or  Shannon Sharpe. Never heard of Warren Sharpe actually. I stand corrected thank you.

INDY is gonna surprise a lot of football pundits. Trust me.

I agree were suprisinly in contention alot of games last year for what they were working with.  This will not be the last year Colt team people will see....