Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 7/28/18

TKnight24

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That is interesting. Where does that put Hairston then? Unless they plan on playing him outside 

Yup, outside. Been a lot of reports that’s he’s been outside which means it’ll be 

Quincy 

Hairston

Kenny

Desir

2 hours ago, TheMose said:

Oh I definitely agree. I'm all for the youth movement. I was just saying his style of running would have been the most improved from Nelson. I'm a big Mack fan and can wait to see him in a more prominent role. Especially without Pagano using him wrong

I Like Mack,  but he has room to improve IMO. Pagano misused him hummm I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I Like Mack,  but he has room to improve IMO. Pagano misused him hummm I don't think so.

Pagano kept trying to run him up the middle when he's worlds better running on the outside. It's part of the reason why his ypc was so low. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Pagano kept trying to run him up the middle when he's worlds better running on the outside. It's part of the reason why his ypc was so low. 

Teams scheme Mack to run out side and he continually bounced even inside runs outside. Running a lot outside in the NFL is VERY HARD, ask Reggie Bush. Pagano looked for ways to get Mack in space, problem was teams knew that as well! IMO if Mack is ever going to be a complete back he needs to run stronger inside and be a better pass blocker. If he can do that the outside runs, and passing game will open up. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I respectfully disagree. I genuinely believe Pagano was trying to get his buddy Frank Gore as many yards as possible.

If Mack would have got the carries Gore had and Gore got Mack’s carries Mack would have had way more yards.

I think Mack was clearly the more talented back but just my opinion. :coltshelmet:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I respectfully disagree. I genuinely believe Pagano was trying to get his buddy Frank Gore as many yards as possible.

If Mack would have got the carries Gore had and Gore got Mack’s carries Mack would have had way more yards.

I think Mack was clearly the more talented back but just my opinion. :coltshelmet:

Gore was better, Mack does have more talent. Mack was a rookie, the comment wasn't about talent, it was about use of Mack. Mack IMO will benefit greatly having played behind a future Hall Of Fame RB if he watched and listened!! 

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

A previous post said he was behind Slauson for RG

Keep reading on page 1... says it multiple times that Smith was at RT today and yesterday,

besides, just cause you're a back up at one spot doesn't mean you can't be a starter in another

IMG_5162.PNG

IMG_5163.PNG

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So who's our starting RT?

It's Good unless Howard slips ahead of him.  Smith is only at RT because of injuries.  When he went to RT Good went to LT.  Good has played both tackles so far but only because of Costanzo's injury.  It's clear that Good is the starting RT unless Howard overtakes him.  I'm sure they would rather have the younger Good take the spot if he can.  Just like last year he won the job.  Smith is the backup to Slausen for now.  Hopefully he can take it away from Slauson in camp and we have our young line ready to go with veteran backups.  If not it's just a matter of time I believe.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, richard pallo said:

It's Good unless Howard slips ahead of him.  Smith is only at RT because of injuries.  When he went to RT Good went to LT.  Good has played both tackles so far but only because of Costanzo's injury.  It's clear that Good is the starting RT unless Howard overtakes him.  I'm sure they would rather have the younger Good take the spot if he can.  Just like last year he won the job.  Smith is the backup to Slausen for now.  Hopefully he can take it away from Slauson in camp and we have our young line ready to go with veteran backups.  If not it's just a matter of time I believe.  

Thinking about this again, where is Mewhort playing, backup at LG?

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Thinking about this again, where is Mewhort playing, backup at LG?

Yes I think so.  He has also played RG and he is now getting work at the tackles.  I believe he could turn out to be a Joe Reitz type of backup if he can show well at the tackle spots and stay healthy during camp.   

• Thanks 1