Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck, "Still Some Pain."

King Colt

9 hours ago, cbear said:

I still get an uneasy feeling about all this.  Maybe I'm still remembering Bert Jones.  

Not trying to discredit your (potentially valid) concerns in any way, but there have been a lot of medical advances throughout the last few decades...  just sayin'

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think we need a link for the OP as this isn’t a story that’s being widely reported.

In terms of Luck being quoted as feeling pain still that is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not trying to discredit your (potentially valid) concerns in any way, but there have been a lot of medical advances throughout the last few decades...  just sayin'

so from the day before he went full bore in practice...

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Soreness, said no to pain.  Yeah, time to close this mods. 

No, he said "pain is way, way down".  That is not No Pain.  And he is just beginning the hardest part, the 7 on 7 and full offense vs. full defense (11 on 11) drills over consecutive days.  I feel good so far where he is, but there is still reason to be watchful. My takeaways-

"I've earned the right to be here practicing, and there are many, many steps to go"

"I've got some soreness, I've got some things I know can get stronger...  but pain is way way down"

To me a so far so good progression scenario, but not quite out of the woods yet.

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No, he said "pain is way, way down".  That is not No Pain.  And he is just beginning the hardest part, the 7 on 7 and full offense vs. full defense (11 on 11) drills over consecutive days.  I feel good so far where he is, but there is still reason to be watchful. My takeaways-

"I've earned the right to be here practicing, and there are many, many steps to go"

"I've got some soreness, I've got some things I know can get stronger...  but pain is way way down"

To me a so far so good progression scenario, but not quite out of the woods yet.

yeah he wont be for some time.  But he did answer the question in the above linked video when asked about feeling pain with a No...

56 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah he wont be for some time.  But he did answer the question in the above linked video when asked about feeling pain with a No...

He actually answered with a "Yeah, no, I ..."  (which he also did to at least 2 other questions as well!  LOL) then shortly after added the pain is way, way down description in the same reply.  So his answering style doesn't make it a definitive No, IMHO.

Example - Interview excerpts:

TP- 'Have you cut it loose yet, throwing the ball?'

AL - "Yeah, no, I have.  There, there are ...{snip}."

does this mean he has or has not cut it loose? (to me, for the most part, yes.  Maybe not 100% all the way though)

TP - 'Do you have pain, soreness, weakness, anything like that?'

AL- "Yeah, no, I have got some soreness ...{snip}, but pain is way way down."  All in the same reply.

does this mean he has or has not any pain? (to me, yes, but way way down compared to what he suffered last year trying to get back)

TP - 'What is your level of confidence you can be the same guy, if not better, than you  were before all this started?'

AL - "Yeah, no I, the goal is to be better. And, that's, that's true. {snip}"

does this mean he feels the goal is to get better or not? (of course we all know it is)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be shocked if he wasn't sore. He hasn't thrown like that in a long time. Nothing to worry about, he will start on opening day like I have been saying since April. 

It's hard to say.  I would think that he had been throwing quite a bit leading up to camp especially with receivers at Stanford.  Hopefully it's just soreness and not pain.

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

It's hard to say.  I would think that he had been throwing quite a bit leading up to camp especially with receivers at Stanford.  Hopefully it's just soreness and not pain.

Yes, he has. However, throwing from a static position vs. air is totally different that throwing dynamically (on the run, different arm angles/launch points, etc..) against a defense coming after you, trying to deflect passes in throwing lanes, and covering your targets.  So there is now a new element in his rehab program to monitor (to me, notably the 11 on 11 and scrimmages).  But this mean final stages and hopefully no setbacks from here to game day vs. the Bengals.

14 hours ago, Superman said:

It's too early to say, honestly. If his soreness persists, or gets worse, that will be a problem. I don't think he's out of the woods until a) he's able to withstand some contact and b) really has to let it rip in a game situation, with no governor. If a problem arises earlier than that, even worse.

If it's just general soreness from rehabbing an injured body part -- or even just from throwing a football a hundred times a day -- then it's probably nothing to worry about.

But I'm definitely not freaking out because a couple people are talking about pain and soreness. 

I would also like to see how he reacts when there's actually a real threat of him being hit.  Will he be able to throw the ball effectively at different arm angles or will the bad throwing motion return when a DE is bearing down on him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

@lollygagger8  is done folks!  His scrolling finger will never be the same!  The Colts Forum is going to be the worst in the league! 

@P'Son  predicts that @lollygagger8 will never return to his previous level of scrolling and we all need to open our eyes, quit drinking the kool-aid, and get used to a forum without @lollygagger8...

:funny:

chEQHyN.gif

16 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeah, it's likely that his shoulder is structurally sound, but throwing is a different movement, and throwing from different arm angles is going to be taxing as well. Soreness is going to be part of the process. 

Not to mention it’s kind of like going from lifting heavy weights to lifting lighter weights for reps. He worked the strength up on his shoulder TO throw, but now he has to strengthen the actual throwing muscles. I expected something like this to come up, so I’m not worried. Just cautious

11 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I haven’t heard anyone talk about this until just now.

Luck did a brief one on one interview with Tom Pelliserro a couple days ago and used the words pain and soreness himself, so it's out there. 

• Thanks 2

Yeah, No, i'm not worried.
Lucky is likely to have soreness all year once he starts getting hit.

Reich had a totally different Offense than what Lucky has ever shown the knack for executing.
 Hopefully he can learn the get it out quicker with great accuracy in tight windows game.

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He actually answered with a "Yeah, no, I ..."  (which he also did to at least 2 other questions as well!  LOL) then shortly after added the pain is way, way down description in the same reply.  So his answering style doesn't make it a definitive No, IMHO.

Example - Interview excerpts:

TP- 'Have you cut it loose yet, throwing the ball?'

AL - "Yeah, no, I have.  There, there are ...{snip}."

does this mean he has or has not cut it loose? (to me, for the most part, yes.  Maybe not 100% all the way though)

TP - 'Do you have pain, soreness, weakness, anything like that?'

AL- "Yeah, no, I have got some soreness ...{snip}, but pain is way way down."  All in the same reply.

does this mean he has or has not any pain? (to me, yes, but way way down compared to what he suffered last year trying to get back)

TP - 'What is your level of confidence you can be the same guy, if not better, than you  were before all this started?'

AL - "Yeah, no I, the goal is to be better. And, that's, that's true. {snip}"

does this mean he feels the goal is to get better or not? (of course we all know it is)

california-english-no-yeah-yes-yeah-no-y

So, no, he hasn't cut it loose (contradicting his next statement), no there is no pain, soreness or weakness (contradicting his next statement), and no, the goal is not to be better than before (contradicting his next statement).

I think this is probably just a case of bad grammar. Someone needs to send Luck the California English rules. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

california-english-no-yeah-yes-yeah-no-y

So, no, he hasn't cut it loose (contradicting his next statement), no there is no pain, soreness or weakness (contradicting his next statement), and no, the goal is not to be better than before (contradicting his next statement).

I think this is probably just a case of bad grammar. Someone needs to send Luck the California English rules. 

In before someone joins the forum as Yeah, No