Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck, "Still Some Pain."


King Colt
 Share

Recommended Posts

On NFL Network today. July 26  Michael Irvin & Dan Hellie said "Luck still has some pain in his shoulder." Later, Luck himself said, "I have soreness." He also said "...the pain is way down." So fans what does this mean? The end of Luck and ten years of losing season for the Colts or does it mean................... absolutely nothing, all athletes have pain and soreness?  Keep in mind, the first thing all media people ask  #12 is how is his shoulder and all credit to him for not blowing them off having answered that stupid question way too many times. Luck also said he has cut it lose when asked and he is rusty (really, after a year and  half of nothing?!) He added he is working on his body movement ( I assume meaning to avoid rushers).

Get excited. Get very excited! Let the good times roll.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superman said:

It's too early to say, honestly. If his soreness persists, or gets worse, that will be a problem. I don't think he's out of the woods until a) he's able to withstand some contact and b) really has to let it rip in a game situation, with no governor. If a problem arises earlier than that, even worse.

 

If it's just general soreness from rehabbing an injured body part -- or even just from throwing a football a hundred times a day -- then it's probably nothing to worry about.

 

But I'm definitely not freaking out because a couple people are talking about pain and soreness. 

I agree with this. The main thing I am worried about is when he takes a hit in a game.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

 Keep in mind, his shoulder has been instrumental in bulking up. I’m not worried.

 

Yeah, it's likely that his shoulder is structurally sound, but throwing is a different movement, and throwing from different arm angles is going to be taxing as well. Soreness is going to be part of the process. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Very poignant as I have Labrum issues right now. If he has been able to bulk up like that, he is doing fine. 

If you're not throwing by January I'll be worried. :thmup:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think it will be smart thing to do if we put Four2itus on IR designated to return list.

Need the roster spot.. Haha

 

Hopefully you are feeling better from whatever was bothering you also.

 

Good to be back on the board again and seeing all the old user names flooding back from the off-season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

If hes constantly throwing everyday now after not throwing for a very long time, then obviously there is going to be soreness. thats normal. NFLN again trying to make a story out of nothing

 

No.   Not even a little.    You have to report this.    You can’t not report this.   Luck himself is openly talking about it and no one knows for sure what it means.   The network has to talk about it.

 

Plus...    we already know that luck is NOT “constantly throwing everyday” as you put it.

 

Luck is on a pitch count.   He himself said back in June that he would NOT be throwing 100 to 150 passes a day as he has in the past.    AND he’s not throwing every day.   Luck has said so.   Reich has said so.   Ballard has said so.

 

I know the team has said there are no restrictions or limitations, but that is not true.   This is another example of the Colts not managing the message they put out very well.   There are restrictions and limitations.   Let’s not ptetend that there aren’t.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

On NFL Network today. July 26  Michael Irvin & Dan Hellie said "Luck still has some pain in his shoulder." Later, Luck himself said, "I have soreness." He also said "...the pain is way down." So fans what does this mean? The end of Luck and ten years of losing season for the Colts or does it mean................... absolutely nothing, all athletes have pain and soreness?  Keep in mind, the first thing all media people ask  #12 is how is his shoulder and all credit to him for not blowing them off having answered that stupid question way too many times. Luck also said he has cut it lose when asked and he is rusty (really, after a year and  half of nothing?!) He added he is working on his body movement ( I assume meaning to avoid rushers).

Get excited. Get very excited! Let the good times roll.

 

Yes.  That is exactly what this means.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's still too early folks.  To my knowledge, he hasn't performed 7 on 7 or especially, 11 on 11 drills.  Let's see how he does after a couple weeks of throwing on the run at all different arm angles; against a live D chasing him (even if they can't hit him).

 

I do not doubt he is still trying to gain further strength and also break through scar tissue that has developed in there during his previous setbacks.  He still has work to do, and will probably be (at least somewhat) rusty the first quarter of the season.  We are still not to the point where we can predict he will be fine... yet.  So far, so good though, IMHO.

 

BTW, NCF is right on.  No matter what they say, there is a governor on Luck right now. It's just well disguised.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It's still too early folks.  To my knowledge, he hasn't performed 7 on 7 or especially, 11 on 11 drills.  Let's see how he does after a couple weeks of throwing on the run at all different arm angles; against a live D chasing him (even if they can't hit him).

 

I do not doubt he is still trying to gain further strength and also break through scar tissue that has developed in there during his previous setbacks.  He still has work to do, and will probably be (at least somewhat) rusty the first quarter of the season.  We are still not to the point where we can predict he will be fine... yet.  So far, so good though, IMHO.

He did 7/7 and 11/11 drills TODAY

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Good.  Let's see how he feels after a few days of this, then again next week.  Then we'll know.  And was the defense 'getting after' him, or just filling throwing lanes?

Full go. Normal practice and drills. There's videos posted in TK's Colts training cap thread. Finished 9/13 and 1 fabulous INT by our rookie LB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, csmopar said:

Full go. Normal practice and drills. There's videos posted in TK's Colts training cap thread. Finished 9/13 and 1 fabulous INT by our rookie LB

If he had to get picked off, glad it was by Leonard. I just wish the 1st game of the Pre-Season would get here, Luck plays a Half, takes hits, and after the game says he's fine. So then we will all know without a doubt Luck is fine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

No.   Not even a little.    You have to report this.    You can’t not report this.   Luck himself is openly talking about it and no one knows for sure what it means.   The network has to talk about it.

 

Plus...    we already know that luck is NOT “constantly throwing everyday” as you put it.

 

Luck is on a pitch count.   He himself said back in June that he would NOT be throwing 100 to 150 passes a day as he has in the past.    AND he’s not throwing every day.   Luck has said so.   Reich has said so.   Ballard has said so.

 

I know the team has said there are no restrictions or limitations, but that is not true.   This is another example of the Colts not managing the message they put out very well.   There are restrictions and limitations.   Let’s not ptetend that there aren’t.

 

 

 

 

Hes throwing a lot more then he has in months. Its like working out when you havent in a long time. Youre gonna feel sore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Hes throwing a lot more then he has in months. Its like working out when you havent in a long time. Youre gonna feel sore.

 

I understand that.   But no one knows for sure how serious this is.    It may be nothing.   It may be something.  Maybe. 

 

Everyone is going to be talking about Luck.    Media...   fans...   teammates...   coaches...    there’s no way around that and everyone is going to have an opinion.   We’re not going to like some of these opinions.  

 

We’re not going to know anything until we actually see Luck perform on the field.    Hopefully we like what we see.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I understand that.   But no one knows for sure how serious this is.    It may be nothing.   It may be something.  Maybe. 

 

Everyone is going to be talking about Luck.    Media...   fans...   teammates...   coaches...    there’s no way around that and everyone is going to have an opinion.   We’re not going to like some of these opinions.  

 

We’re not going to know anything until we actually see Luck perform on the field.    Hopefully we like what we see.

 

 

I get that. I just think its all about nothing. Lets see how the next few days look

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Full go. Normal practice and drills. There's videos posted in TK's Colts training cap thread. Finished 9/13 and 1 fabulous INT by our rookie LB

 

I see it-
11-19 with one pick in combined 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 drills. Completed 9 of his final 13 attempts.

He was 4-of-9 in full offense vs. defense (just the 11 on 11 drills)

 

Expectedly, he's rusty.  Let's see how he feels tomorrow, and especially Saturday morning (his scheduled rest day). 

Hopefully all will be good. and his accuracy/timing continues to improve.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I understand that.   But no one knows for sure how serious this is.    It may be nothing.   It may be something.  Maybe. 

 

Everyone is going to be talking about Luck.    Media...   fans...   teammates...   coaches...    there’s no way around that and everyone is going to have an opinion.   We’re not going to like some of these opinions.  

 

We’re not going to know anything until we actually see Luck perform on the field.    Hopefully we like what we see.

 

Yes, I agree! But we still won't know if he's still injured if he completes the whole season I mean he played hurt in 2015 and 16.  But he's in good spirits right now so that's a good sign and if he remains that way then I think he's good.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Superman said:

It's too early to say, honestly. If his soreness persists, or gets worse, that will be a problem. I don't think he's out of the woods until a) he's able to withstand some contact and b) really has to let it rip in a game situation, with no governor. If a problem arises earlier than that, even worse.

 

If it's just general soreness from rehabbing an injured body part -- or even just from throwing a football a hundred times a day -- then it's probably nothing to worry about.

 

But I'm definitely not freaking out because a couple people are talking about pain and soreness. 

My take on this is soreness is gonna happen once you injure it once, it is probably always going to show some. I mean I never had surgery on my shoulder yet making throwing movements or hanging on something still leaves it to be sore for a bit after. And I'm still just 20

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Superman said:

It's too early to say, honestly. If his soreness persists, or gets worse, that will be a problem. I don't think he's out of the woods until a) he's able to withstand some contact and b) really has to let it rip in a game situation, with no governor. If a problem arises earlier than that, even worse.

 

If it's just general soreness from rehabbing an injured body part -- or even just from throwing a football a hundred times a day -- then it's probably nothing to worry about.

 

But I'm definitely not freaking out because a couple people are talking about pain and soreness. 

 

I haven’t heard anyone talk about this until just now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

No.   Not even a little.    You have to report this.    You can’t not report this.   Luck himself is openly talking about it and no one knows for sure what it means.   The network has to talk about it.

 

Plus...    we already know that luck is NOT “constantly throwing everyday” as you put it.

 

Luck is on a pitch count.   He himself said back in June that he would NOT be throwing 100 to 150 passes a day as he has in the past.    AND he’s not throwing every day.   Luck has said so.   Reich has said so.   Ballard has said so.

 

I know the team has said there are no restrictions or limitations, but that is not true.   This is another example of the Colts not managing the message they put out very well.   There are restrictions and limitations.   Let’s not ptetend that there aren’t.

 

 

 

 

No one else is reporting it though, not even Florio

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Superman said:

 

Yeah, it's likely that his shoulder is structurally sound, but throwing is a different movement, and throwing from different arm angles is going to be taxing as well. Soreness is going to be part of the process. 

100%!! I messed my shoulder up years ago. I can military press the 120 pound dumbbells but can barley throw a football across the yard heh. Especially without hurting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

I see it-
11-19 with one pick in combined 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 drills. Completed 9 of his final 13 attempts.

He was 4-of-9 in full offense vs. defense (just the 11 on 11 drills)

 

Unexpectedly, he's rusty.  Let's see how he feels tomorrow, and especially Saturday morning. 

Hopefully all will be good. and his accuracy/timing continues to improve.

Keep in mind also it was pretty windy yesterday as well, so he was probably throwing harder to compensate, i agree with some previous posts his shoulder is gonna be fine, if it was still bad he could not lift and build bulk like he has. I have a slight tear in my bicep tendon and if i try to workout it feels like someone is pulling the muscle out of my arm. Luck will be fine, just gotta work thru the soreness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Superman said:

 

Yeah, it's likely that his shoulder is structurally sound, but throwing is a different movement, and throwing from different arm angles is going to be taxing as well. Soreness is going to be part of the process. 

 

I'm thinking it's this.  Throwing a football, especially at the level he's trying to do it at is a completely different thing from lifting weights.  

 

The lifting weights seems to show that the shoulder will hold up, but Luck's only recently started using muscles that he hasn't used for a year and a half. 

 

I'm not all that worried about soreness.  

 

Now if the pain is to the level that Luck can't go on a day he was suppose be throwing.  Big red flag.  Swelling would be another big red flag.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't heard anything else about it. You sure it's not just something regurgitated from a few months ago or something? If he's having soreness right now still, I'd expect it's from not throwing a football for almost 2 years. Second, he's doomed (sarcasm). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luck himself said in an interview a couple weeks ago that he still has "soreness" but that it's much different than the "pain" he felt last year. 

 

I think this is just words being regurgitated to generate views and not being close to the situation. He's been throwing for several weeks now, ramping up his intensity. Give his body some time to get used to it. His shoulder is fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

My finger hurts from scrolling through this worthless thread

 

@lollygagger8  is done folks!  His scrolling finger will never be the same!  The Colts Forum is going to be the worst in the league! 

 

@P'Son  predicts that @lollygagger8 will never return to his previous level of scrolling and we all need to open our eyes, quit drinking the kool-aid, and get used to a forum without @lollygagger8...

 

:funny:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I wonder if Rock might be held out of this game with his ankle and the bad weather. Don’t be surprised if TY is held out too with that quad. 
    • Campbell said he’ll vlog his recovery probably get more info than the Colts who continue to be vague lol.
    • East and I used to talk about this.  It was difficult to see what the club had in mind with their drafts.     I thought and still think that they would love to be an aggressive C2 type of team or a Tampa base type.  Drafting Rock seemed like evidence of this.  He seems like a hard C2 corner who is going to help close down the EDGE and beat up on releasing WRs.     But then we had just gotten Hooker who was the classic single high C3, C1 centerfielder, So WTPH?  We drafted Leonard who obviously wasn't and is probably never going to be a a great coverage LB.  And we've never even tried to get after a coverage LB as far as I can tell.     Then we get Blackmon which would make one think that we were going to have him come up and hit, but then we were dropping Hooker before the Achilles, because he was a budding star in the single high and then had a mediocre year in more of a 2 high scheme, then improved and we decided we didn't want him.   But overdrafts at DE, have really ruined any plans.  Hopefully Dayo and Paye pan out and we get the Front 4 pressure the D desperately needs. I am not convinced they will.  I like Paye but the ole Undeveloped pass rusher thing hasn't been great lately.    It's pretty hard to figure out, and I think we are a mess on D. 
    • Can’t blame the general manager when there aren’t quality backups on the team? Can’t blame the head coach for poor play calling and game management? Are you upset that people aren’t happy the Colts are terrible this year and weren’t prepared to play a long season.   The Ravens had a ton of injuries (a couple season ending) to start the year and they are playing well. It’s Ballard’s fault for not having quality backups pieces (and the Colts DO NOT have many) and it’s Reichs fault for allowing the Colts to lose these “winnable games” So yes, it is their fault.   Also, Colts are middle to high in the league for injuries every year, sometimes it’s not “unlucky” sometimes it the way training staff and medical staff handle the players.        
    • The 53 man roster was extended when the 10-man PS became 16.    But, the NFL needs to do away with trimming the 53 to 46/47 on game day.   This has never been a good idea.    Ive read in the past that the weaker franchises are in favor of this rule as they think it helps them be more competitive with the better run franchises.    It’s time to man-up and play all your players. 
  • Members

    • Solid84

      Solid84 138

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nesjan3

      Nesjan3 752

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bravo4460

      bravo4460 722

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ar7

      ar7 390

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,005

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bsteves

      bsteves 176

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfan77

      coltsfan77 37

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 875

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MB-ColtsFan

      MB-ColtsFan 1,420

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...