Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Dakich show seems to be all Colts today .

HOF19

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Dakich was insufferable last year. Hope he's snapped out of it now.

If you know(maybe you do not ). Who (if anybody) do the people living in INDY consider best Colt radio guy ?

3 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

If you know(maybe you do not ). Who (if anybody) do the people living in INDY consider best Colt radio guy ?

Personally, I like JMV (the ride), and Grady & Big Joe.

But they're on the same station as Dakich, and I have no opinion on that time slot.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not in Indy but I listen to their podcasts. I would say JMV is #1.

Agree.

The variety of topics/sports he can cover and his pop culture knowledge definitely invites a huge listening audience. He has a self-deprecating sense of humor, unlike the self-loathing kind that Dan Dakic professes, and that sits well with Mid westerners.

There is a reason why he is on the prime spot, during our drive back home. :) 

• Like 4

Venturi ( on with Dakich ) a little concerned about not having Turbin for 4 games . I have seen a ton of Orleans Darkwa when he was with the Giants. He still has a lot to give and is still unsigned.

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

I feel like the consensus would probably be JMV, I listen to his podcast pretty much daily here in CO. He has Holder, Kravitz, Wells, Keefer, Doyel all on the show fairly regularly, so there's a lot of insight to be gained by listening to his show.

40 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I feel like the consensus would probably be JMV, I listen to his podcast pretty much daily here in CO. He has Holder, Kravitz, Wells, Keefer, Doyel all on the show fairly regularly, so there's a lot of insight to be gained by listening to his show.

Plus Mike Chappell too, let us not forget that long timer. :) 

The best part about JMV is he makes the show about the people he interviews and hosts, and not about himself, for the most part. 

• Like 3

Dakich can be totally obnoxious. He's the kind of guy you don't really want to agree with, even tho you may share the same opinion on a particular subject. Lol

However, he doesn't try to be politically correct or diplomatic in his statements. And often he is on point in his veiws.

I dont mind listening to him.

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

Personally I would go with Bob Lamey as the best voice for the Colts radio guy.... (just kidding)

JMV would be my favorite. Dakich is a huge * but I would say Query and Schultz aren't to bad either.

• Like 1

JMV is a good listen.

I personally like DD. He’s mainly opinionated but that’s fine. Indy needs a guy like DD. A lot of the reporters are too political and scared to ask tough questions and get answers the fans actually want.

I loved his interview last year with Ballard. Really tried to get Ballard to talk and did so more than anyone else has ever done in an interview.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Personally I would go with Bob Lamey as the best voice for the Colts radio guy.... (just kidding)

JMV would be my favorite. Dakich is a huge * but I would say Query and Schultz aren't to bad either.

I like Bob Lamey also. But is it me or does he get a little more emotional then your average play by play guy ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOF19 said:

When it comes to the Colts, I prefer Big Joe & Grady in the mornings.  Joe was an Olineman in the NFL and for the Colts so he provides insight that I don't believe either Dakich or JMV have.  JMV is probably the best overall show on Indy sports radio.

I prefer Dakich.  His thoughts are his own, even if you may not like them.  And he generally keeps his comments to grown up stuff, at least from that perspective.

JMVs interjection of pop culture gets annoying, and he talks about it  A LOT.  He reminds me of the guy who points out his favorite alcohol, stogie, stupid head banger music, and internet/hollywood babe just to be cool. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Plus Mike Chappell too, let us not forget that long timer. :) 

The best part about JMV is he makes the show about the people he interviews and hosts, and not about himself, for the most part. 

He's definitely a super down to earth guy. And me being from southern Indiana myself, I feel like I could throw back a few beers with JMV & chat about the Colts all day. I do not get that vibe from Dakich LOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's definitely a super down to earth guy. And me being from southern Indiana myself, I feel like I could throw back a few beers with JMV & chat about the Colts all day. I do not get that vibe from Dakich LOL.

I think JMV would be the guy who notices what beer I'm drinking and subtly points out its not as good as his.  And he would make fun of me if I didn't know the latest stupid escapade of the currently hottest 25 year old starlet.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Dakich was insufferable last year. Hope he's snapped out of it now.

Dakich is the kind of guy that seems to loves mediocrity...Tom Crean and Chuck and Grigson. The thing is he loves the leaders while still taking shots at the teams and organizations....then when the organizations make a change for the better he goes after them. He is very annoying and has some pretty outlandish opinions....more shock jock I'd say. It can be ok when he is doing other teams games etc but when he does IU or the Colts...insufferable is the right word it seems.

48 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I like Bob Lamey also. But is it me or does he get a little more emotional then your average play by play guy ?

I feel like that is a great quality though. Makes you feel like you are there through the radio.

• Like 1

I quit listening to DD after last year. For those who don't know: Feuded with Kravitz, and seemed to buy hook line and sinker the Colts were just trying to sell season tickets.

It just. got. OLD.

JMV is the best, IMO, and I wish Query & Shultz didn't share a time slot with him on Fox Sports. JMV comes off as being a fan of the sport, not a fan of a particular team. His interviews and interviewing ability is awesome. Couple days ago w/ Frank Calliendo is a must listen, and he did Alice Cooper a while back as well.

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

I prefer Dakich.  His thoughts are his own, even if you may not like them.  And he generally keeps his comments to grown up stuff, at least from that perspective.

JMVs interjection of pop culture gets annoying, and he talks about it  A LOT.  He reminds me of the guy who points out his favorite alcohol, stogie, stupid head banger music, and internet/hollywood babe just to be cool. 

I agree. I live in florida and dont bother scouring the internet for colts info. So when I tune into JMV to listen to colt talk I hear about his all time favorite bands, music etc...

If I wanted hear musiic talk I wpuld have tuned into a music station. Lol

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree. I live in florida and dont bother scouring the internet for colts info. So when I tune into JMV to listen to colt talk I hear about his all time favorite bands, music etc...

If I wanted hear musiic talk I wpuld have tuned into a music station. Lol

When JMV talks Colts, I like it.  He's knowledgeable and has informed opinions.

He just doesn't do it much.  There are many times when he'll tease the audience about having some COLTS news or story, but then talks pop culture for 45 minutes. 

I know he needs to fill time, but maybe a bit more original thinking and having more opinions about more Colts stuff during that time would be more interesting than filling time with the cool-guy stuff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HOF19 said:

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I feel like that is a great quality though. Makes you feel like you are there through the radio.

7 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

He is and i like it when i hear the replays.   Sounds like a fan calling the game.

Bob Lamey is the voice of the Colts when I close my eyes at night...  :sleepy:

"Peyton drops back..."

"It's complete to Marvin..."

"Touchdown, Reggie Wayne."

"That's the record breaker!"

"WE'RE GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!"

"The Colts have done it.  Demons being exorcised all over the field."

"He fumbled the football. Fumbled the freakin football."

good-times-cigars-01.jpg

• Thanks 2

JMV is the best regarding Sports Radio talk shows in Indy IMO. Dakich is rude to some of his callers even when they have good takes and make sense. If you don't agree with him he hangs up on you sometimes as well. Too arrogant for my taste. JMV does talk music at times but he needs to fill airtime, when he talks sports he is great at it. He allows his callers to get their point across without being a butt head unlike Dakich. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JMV is the best regarding Sports Radio talk shows in Indy IMO. Dakich is rude to some of his callers even when they have good takes and make sense. If you don't agree with him he hangs up on you sometimes as well. Too arrogant for my taste. JMV does talk music at times but he needs to fill airtime, when he talks sports he is great at it. He allows his callers to get their point across without being a butt head unlike Dakich. 

Every time I give Dakich a chance I listen for about 5 minutes and then throw a music CD in to shut him up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

How was the show all about the Colts and yet you guys haven't shared any Colts related nuggets? Only thing I've seen was some stuff on Venturi. Come on fellas give up the goods!

Well today is the start of training camp, so Nuggets should start flowing

20 hours ago, DougDew said:

I think JMV would be the guy who notices what beer I'm drinking and subtly points out its not as good as his.  And he would make fun of me if I didn't know the latest stupid escapade of the currently hottest 25 year old starlet.

His beer would never be better than mine, that would just never happen.

6 hours ago, Ratking said:

Grady and Big Joe /jmv are great. However, ex Colts reporter Kevin Bowen has a podcast on 1070, called Kevin's Corner, that is pretty great as well. 

http://www.1070thefan.com/KevinBowen

So I listened to JMV and Kevin Bowen discussing the start of camp from a couple days ago. Boring, mundane stuff without any real insight, but I was starved for Colts coverage. I wound up listening to the entire interview, and I'm glad I did.

It turns out they started discussing that it's been just about a year since Bowen was fired by the Colts, and they discussed the reason he was fired, which I had not ever heard. I know a lot of local guys were up in arms when it happened, but I never heard any details.

The story they told is that Kamar Aiken and his agent complained to Colts management -- and the complaint got at least as far as Chris Ballard (which makes sense, he would have contact with Aiken's agent) -- because Bowen released one of those preliminary depth charts at the beginning of camp, and Aiken was too low on the depth chart, or something. I think that's pretty nuts.

Not a whole lot of detail to the story, they were kind of jokey and sarcastic about it, but they definitely confirmed that Kamar Aiken and his agent got Kevin Bowen fired.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

So I listened to JMV and Kevin Bowen discussing the start of camp from a couple days ago. Boring, mundane stuff without any real insight, but I was starved for Colts coverage. I wound up listening to the entire interview, and I'm glad I did.

It turns out they started discussing that it's been just about a year since Bowen was fired by the Colts, and they discussed the reason he was fired, which I had not ever heard. I know a lot of local guys were up in arms when it happened, but I never heard any details.

The story they told is that Kamar Aiken and his agent complained to Colts management -- and the complaint got at least as far as Chris Ballard (which makes sense, he would have contact with Aiken's agent) -- because Bowen released one of those preliminary depth charts at the beginning of camp, and Aiken was too low on the depth chart, or something. I think that's pretty nuts.

Not a whole lot of detail to the story, they were kind of jokey and sarcastic about it, but they definitely confirmed that Kamar Aiken and his agent got Kevin Bowen fired.

Yes, you are correct, last year I remember Jmv reporting that Bowen got fired for releasing a depth chart that didn't show Aiken in the starting rotation. In my opinion, Kevin Bowen was much more important to the Colts fan experience than Aiken ever was.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:30 PM, buccolts said:

Personally, I like JMV (the ride), and Grady & Big Joe.

But they're on the same station as Dakich, and I have no opinion on that time slot.

I agree with you on the Grady & Big Joe and JMV. But JMV is irritating me though with his 8-8 season would be a great season for this team comments. He kept saying it over and over today. I think because Bill Polian said it so now he wants to say it. This team is going to better than that barring key injuries. So I had to turn JMV off today after leaving camp. 

On 7/25/2018 at 4:34 PM, Fluke_33 said:

He is and i like it when i hear the replays.   Sounds like a fan calling the game.

Yes, that's why I love Bob Lamey but I worry about him with his age and weight and all. 

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Every time I give Dakich a chance I listen for about 5 minutes and then throw a music CD in to shut him up.

I agree!!!!

• Like 1