Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 7/25/18 (Report Day)

TKnight24

46 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

They asked Andrew in the video above. He said he’s not speaking on that so the mystery shall forever remain :)

'Forever remain': I'm willing to leave it at that, and judge based on what we see from here on.

Actually, I'll let the coaching staff do the judging. I'll enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

I can see a scenario where the Jags finish a bit less than expectations.  Here and there I keep seeing members of that team speaking out making predictions for themselves(16-0), Ramsey talking as usual, and other stuff which leads me to believe they are smelling themselves. Never seems to go right when you do that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can see a scenario where the Jags finish a bit less than expectations.  Here and there I keep seeing members of that team speaking out making predictions for themselves(16-0), Ramsey talking as usual, and other stuff which leads me to believe they are smelling themselves. Never seems to go right when you do that.

It feels like a very "Jags" thing to do, too. Get to the AFCCG and then fall right on their faces for no apparent reason. I'd enjoy watching that, though. They haven't made the playoffs in back to back years since the 98 and 99 season.

5 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Just saw this on PFT regarding Luck playing in the preseason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/25/colts-plan-on-playing-andrew-luck-in-preseason-opener/

This could be a reason to make me tune in for the late start of that game.

I don't think they will risk anything but I would think he would need as much live fire as possible to get his timing back. Speed and timing is something you can't simulate and its been almost a couple years since he was in the pocket.

• Like 1

Speed and timing are very important for Andrew of course, and it will take time to get that back, and when I say time I think 3-4 games into the season.

What I think will be more important, is Andrew willing to stay in the pocket like he used to, and not be afraid to take a hit. That is what set him apart. As much as he got hit, and all that has happened, I think it will take some time to get him back where he feels comfortable under fire. Luck makes a lot of plays because he gives his receivers time to get open. I hope though Reich's offense will get the ball out of his hands much more quickly than what we have seen previously, but there are always going to be times where you need to dance in the pocket, evade and that is when he can hit TY, Cain in stride downfield.

The ability to sit in the pocket will be so important for him. I would be gun shy after what he has endured. Somehow though I think he will be OK, since this is a guy who tells guys good hit after just taking his head off.

• Like 3

Just now, loudnproudcolt said:

Speed and timing are very important for Andrew of course, and it will take time to get that back, and when I say time I think 3-4 games into the season.

What I think will be more important, is Andrew willing to stay in the pocket like he used to, and not be afraid to take a hit. That is what set him apart. As much as he got hit, and all that has happened, I think it will take some time to get him back where he feels comfortable under fire. Luck makes a lot of plays because he gives his receivers time to get open. I hope though Reich's offense will get the ball out of his hands much more quickly than what we have seen previously, but there are always going to be times where you need to dance in the pocket, evade and that is when he can hit TY, Cain in stride downfield.

The ability to sit in the pocket will be so important for him. I would be gun shy after what he has endured. Somehow though I think he will be OK, since this is a guy who tells guys good hit after just taking his head off.

The year Peyton missed all of training camp and preseason with the knee infection etc it took him almost half the season to look his old self. Granted Luck is going to get preseason but he has been out of the game for a long time. I think it might not start clicking until likely after we play NE most likely. He may have his moments but overall I'm not expecting too much.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The year Peyton missed all of training camp and preseason with the knee infection etc it took him almost half the season to look his old self. Granted Luck is going to get preseason but he has been out of the game for a long time. I think it might not start clicking until likely after we play NE most likely. He may have his moments but overall I'm not expecting too much.

Agreed.  This season is about growth.  I think next season is really going to be special.  However, if they can get lucky a few times early in the season and put it together in the secoond half and sneak into the playoffs somehow, they could be dangerous!  ok ok now I am getting too optimistic, i know. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Agreed.  This season is about growth.  I think next season is really going to be special.  However, if they can get lucky a few times early in the season and put it together in the secoond half and sneak into the playoffs somehow, they could be dangerous!  ok ok now I am getting too optimistic, i know. 

16 and 0 lol

7 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Is anyone else kind of puzzled by this?  Only Chester?  Where are Fountain, Cain, Grant, etc??  I figure they're working out on their own, but wouldn't you rather see them working out with the starting QB getting timing down, etc?  Just a bit puzzling to me.

Cain had been working out with Randy Moss not sure about the others though

• Like 1

The fireworks were pretty awesome.  :scoregood:

I bet they waited til after the 4th to buy 'em and got a discount.  At least I hope so.  That would have been smart.  haha

That's what Ron Swanson would say.  And I'm pretty sure Chris Ballard is Ron Swanson without the mustache.

latest?cb=20110809180635

695735946.jpg.0.jpg

ron-swanson-feature.jpg?quality=95&w=650

rpr6cotxjtxkn8wsqv0t.jpg

original.jpg?fit=facearea&w=680&h=415&fa

usatsi_9910058.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

tenor.gif?itemid=5806439

636290944735878763-Ballard-mk-07.jpg

Ron Swanson is our GM.  And I think that's just fine.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The fireworks were pretty awesome.  :scoregood:

I bet they waited til after the 4th to buy 'em and got a discount.  At least I hope so.  That would have been smart.  haha

That's what Ron Swanson would say.  And I'm pretty sure Chris Ballard is Ron Swanson without the mustache.

latest?cb=20110809180635

695735946.jpg.0.jpg

ron-swanson-feature.jpg?quality=95&w=650

rpr6cotxjtxkn8wsqv0t.jpg

original.jpg?fit=facearea&w=680&h=415&fa

usatsi_9910058.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

tenor.gif?itemid=5806439

636290944735878763-Ballard-mk-07.jpg

Ron Swanson is our GM.  And I think that's just fine.

giphy.gif

Agreed. The fireworks display tonight may have been better then the July 4th display.

I'm excited for the next few weeks, and beyond.

Oh, an it was cool to see Robert Mathis there with his family tonight.