Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict OROY and DROY

RockThatBlue

People are going to say Barkley as an easy out. I think he's absolute garbage based on his yards after contact. Chubb won't get as much production as many people think either. He has to compete with Von Miller, Shane Ray, and Shaquille Barrett for sacks and playing time. Chubb's breakout will be in year 2 most likely.

Here's my more realistic predictions:

OROY: Rashaad Penny- The best YAC RB in the draft. His game absolutely thrives in the NFL enviornment, where Barkley's falters. He'll be a 3 down back that will carry the ball 20 times a game and also catch the ball on the Seahawks Offense with few other weapons. IMO, he will easily outperform Barkley and win OROY.

DROY: Derwin James- This year's version of Jamal Adams at S. An absolute leader in the locker room that can do it all. Will tackle the receiver, break up passes, sack the QB, Intercept the ball, force fumbles. His presence will be overwhelming for the Chargers as he dominates the NFL in his rookie year.

OROY: Saquon Barkley

His game is tailor-made for the NFL and he’s going to easily run away with this one unless someone else goes off for 1500+ yards. 

DROY: Roquon Smith

I feel he was the best immediate defender in the draft and he should push for 120-130 tackles in a scheme that is amazingly suited for his skill set. 

54 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

People are going to say Barkley as an easy out. I think he's absolute garbage based on his yards after contact. Chubb won't get as much production as many people think either. He has to compete with Von Miller, Shane Ray, and Shaquille Barrett for sacks and playing time. Chubb's breakout will be in year 2 most likely.

Here's my more realistic predictions:

OROY: Rashaad Penny- The best YAC RB in the draft. His game absolutely thrives in the NFL enviornment, where Barkley's falters. He'll be a 3 down back that will carry the ball 20 times a game and also catch the ball on the Seahawks Offense with few other weapons. IMO, he will easily outperform Barkley and win OROY.

DROY: Derwin James- This year's version of Jamal Adams at S. An absolute leader in the locker room that can do it all. Will tackle the receiver, break up passes, sack the QB, Intercept the ball, force fumbles. His presence will be overwhelming for the Chargers as he dominates the NFL in his rookie year.

I agree with you on Chubb, but your only reasoning for Barkley not being good is his lower YAC? The thing with Barkley is he’ll end up with so much yardage before contact due to his shiftiness and speed that he won’t need to worry much about YAC, and when I was speaking with an NFL Scout this week, he said, barring injury or massive breakout, Barkley will run away with OROY

9 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I agree with you on Chubb, but your only reasoning for Barkley not being good is his lower YAC? The thing with Barkley is he’ll end up with so much yardage before contact due to his shiftiness and speed that he won’t need to worry much about YAC, and when I was speaking with an NFL Scout this week, he said, barring injury or massive breakout, Barkley will run away with OROY

That's cool if you actually spoke with a scout, but I still disagree. The holes will be hard to find in the NFL, and if he can't get yards after contact in the NFL, he will fail. I see him as more of a Trent Richardson then anything else that won't be able to break through tackles at the NFL level. I would also be willing to guess that the scout you talked too thought Trent Richardson would succeed at the NFL level as well. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow, but the evidence suggests to me that his weakness is a big one at the NFL level, and it'll be hard to overcome. I'm not going to change my mind until he proves me wrong.

I'll go Quenton Nelson and Roquan Smith. Smith will make all kinds of tackles with Chicago and by week 8 or 9 once people who vote on this see Nelson on film, pancaking people, it's over. When they see the holes he opens up and how Luck is being protected better than there you have it.

-By the way an Offensive Lineman has never won this award.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll go Quenton Nelson and Roquan Smith. Smith will make all kinds of tackles with Chicago and by week 8 or 9 once people who vote on this see Nelson on film, pancaking people, it's over. When they see the holes he opens up and how Luck is being protected better than there you have it.

-By the way an Offensive Lineman has never won this award.

If Nelson is even in the conversation that would be awesome. I doubt he does win it though because a lineman wouldn't be a sexy pick, since no lineman has won it before. It'll be a RB or a QB probably.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's cool if you actually spoke with a scout, but I still disagree. The holes will be hard to find in the NFL, and if he can't get yards after contact in the NFL, he will fail. I see him as more of a Trent Richardson then anything else that won't be able to break through tackles at the NFL level. I would also be willing to guess that the scout you talked too thought Trent Richardson would succeed at the NFL level as well. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow, but the evidence suggests to me that his weakness is a big one at the NFL level, and it'll be hard to overcome. I'm not going to change my mind until he proves me wrong.

The scout, who worked for the Saints at the time, actually gave Richardson the lowest grade out of all the people who scouted him in the organization. Scouts miss a lot, and he even admitted that he was off on Leveon Bell, but he says a lot of success is coming for Barkley. Only time will tell and prove either of us correct or incorrect, but I’ll stick with what he says. He was a cool guy though, and he’s a regional scout for the Ravens now. 

23 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

The scout, who worked for the Saints at the time, actually gave Richardson the lowest grade out of all the people who scouted him in the organization. Scouts miss a lot, and he even admitted that he was off on Leveon Bell, but he says a lot of success is coming for Barkley. Only time will tell and prove either of us correct or incorrect, but I’ll stick with what he says. He was a cool guy though, and he’s a regional scout for the Ravens now. 

Respect to him for getting Richardson right. Despite the Alabama O-Line being so good, a lot of people were fooled by him. I have respect for that scout for figuring out Richardson. That's awesome he's on the Ravens now, and he could be a reason they have success in the draft alongside Ozzie Newsome. We'll definitely see who is right, and I'll keep this conversation in mind. Barkley seems like a chill guy, so I'm rooting for him. I do want to see him succeed myself before I admit I'm wrong though, as I do believe he'll struggle. Will test my scouting ability vs a real scout! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Respect to him for getting Richardson right. Despite the Alabama O-Line being so good, a lot of people were fooled by him. I have respect for that scout for figuring out Richardson. That's awesome he's on the Ravens now, and he could be a reason they have success in the draft alongside Ozzie Newsome. We'll definitely see who is right, and I'll keep this conversation in mind. Barkley seems like a chill guy, so I'm rooting for him. I do want to see him succeed myself before I admit I'm wrong though, as I do believe he'll struggle. Will test my scouting ability vs a real scout! :) 

Hahaha sounds like a plan! I hope he does really well, as I am a big fan of his game, but he could certainly fail much like anyone else if put in a bad situation. We’ll see! Either way, it’s always fun to debate with another football mind! Thanks for the chat!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 12:41 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Baker Mayfield

Darius Leonard

1,000,000% Lock!  Guaranteed!

:D

you planning on not coming back to the boards after this season? seems thats a common thing of those who make these kind of statements LMAO . Speaking of has anybody heard from " him" again yet?

On 7/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, RockThatBlue said:

OROY- Barkley

DROY - Chubb

These are the easy choices but they're easy because there's so many factors beyond their ability.... 

.....Think about Barkley behind a rebuilt offensive line playing in New York....

..with a vet QB..and a solid defense to get them the ball...

Its almost his to lose..barring injury

....and Chubb playing opposite Von Miller, who has to be double teamed on obvious passing downs and behind Derek Wolfe who missed half of last season but has to be accounted for on all plays.

Chubb will get every chance to make the negative-yardage plays he made in college

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 10:13 AM, WarGhost21 said:

OROY: Saquon Barkley

His game is tailor-made for the NFL and he’s going to easily run away with this one unless someone else goes off for 1500+ yards. 

DROY: Roquon Smith

I feel he was the best immediate defender in the draft and he should push for 120-130 tackles in a scheme that is amazingly suited for his skill set. 

up here we hope its Roquan Smith......we'd actually just like to see him in uniform

I'm gonna go with the value picks here. 

OROY: Josh Rosen QB Arz.- Sam Bradford got paid starter money and likely will start but Arizona isn't very good and Bradford is rarely healthy. I think Rosen will be starting by week four. Rosen was the most pro ready QB in the class IMO and has enough weapons on offense (not a lot but enough) to put up solid numbers. 

DROY: Darius Leonard OLB Ind.- Sounds like he's already won the job and he doesn't need to come off the field much if at all on a down to down basis. He's going to play a ton of snaps and should put up some really nice numbers. 

Side notes: If Lamar Jackson can find his way into a starter's role, I'd probably flip to him as my pick on offense. At this point I don't think he's beating out Flacco yet.

Marcus Davenport would probably be my other sleeper on defense. Raw? Yes. But I do think he's going to get a good number of sacks this year. Same for Arden Key. If his head is on straight, I think he'll also have a good amount of sacks.

OPOY: Josh Rosen - As the poster above mentioned he will take the starting role from Bradford and show why he was talked about in college. This guy to me is going to be a pretty solid player. A lot of the RB's to me will be good but I see this guy getting some solid numbers as a rookie with all eyes on him.

DPOY: Tremaine Edmunds - to me this guy will shine for the Bills. He will be able to get sacks for you and cover from sideline to sideline.

• 5 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 11:41 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Baker Mayfield

Darius Leonard

1,000,000% Lock!  Guaranteed!

:D

Since people want to bring up posts with hairbrain predictions that have been proven wrong.  I thought I would quote a post that appears to be spot on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2018 at 12:04 AM, strt182 said:

you planning on not coming back to the boards after this season? seems thats a common thing of those who make these kind of statements LMAO . Speaking of has anybody heard from " him" again yet?

Not that crazy now is it

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Since people want to bring up posts with hairbrain predictions that have been proven wrong.  I thought I would quote a post that appears to be spot on.

haha  I completely forgot I posted that!

If that turns out to be true, do I win anything?

I mean, it was a million % lock guarantee...  :banana:

On 7/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, RockThatBlue said:

OROY- Barkley

DROY - Chubb

OROY —   Mayfield

DROY —- Chubb

I feel Mayfields accomplishment in 3 less games was more amazing.  I feel he changed the attitude in Cleveland from losers to expecting to win..