Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LeVeon Bell

oldunclemark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Bell will lose $855,000 if he does not show by Sunday. opening day according to Golic & Wingo on 09/06. 

That’s $855,000 per each game he misses.  If he doesn’t report by game 11, he doesn’t even get an accrued season credit, and Steelers could Franchise Tag him again, if they desire.  If he shows by then and gets his accrued season, Steelers might still transition tag him next year, and let other teams negotiate the contract... then match it.  Who knows...

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well I guess LeVeon needs to feed his family too. Sorry 15 Mil doesn't provide that is this day in age bro. Maybe while you're unemployed you can apply for state assistance to help? Idk, just trying to think of suggestions to help out..

If 15 million can't set him up for life I don't know why more could lol. If I was him I would just report and on Saturday and sign my tender. That way I get paid and don't have to play week 1. Then have some hamstring tenderness the rest of the year and just sit out. He would look just as bad as he does now and at least he gets paid. I'm sure he will get a decent contract this offseason....but 14-15 a year for like 4 or 5 years....yeah right.

I also want to say the current franchise tag doesn't nearly incentivize teams to come to a contract agreement with their best players. Stretching these things out 2 and 3 years with these one year franchise tags basically exhaust most players prime earning years. Giving the teams way too much leverage. Either the jump needs to be more significant or say the tag needs to be say a percentage of their cap or say limit it to one year. It definitely needs to be addressed by the players in the next collective bargaining. I want to retain our stars as much as the next guy but if we truly value these players then we shouldn't be letting them go into contract years unsigned imo. 

I also want to say the current franchise tag doesn't nearly incentivize teams to come to a contract agreement with their best players. Stretching these things out 2 and 3 years with these one year franchise tags basically exhaust most players prime earning years. Giving the teams way too much leverage. Either the jump needs to be more significant or say the tag needs to be say a percentage of their cap or say limit it to one year. It definitely needs to be addressed by the players in the next collective bargaining. I want to retain our stars as much as the next guy but if we truly value these players then we shouldn't be letting them go into contract years unsigned imo.