Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Thanks to everyone for a fun draft, all pretty decent looking teams, some better than others (you decide). 

 

My strength is in my WR position, so long as my RB's stay healthy I feel good. Unfortunately I always have a an RB end up on IR. So at least I got some trade capital.

 

How's everyone else feel?

I feel the same. What was it last year “don’t take a RB early” and this year the RB’s went like wild fire.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Matthew Gilbert, @Lucky Colts Fan, @Bluefire4, @WarGhost21, @BPindy, @onebad150, @Btown_Colt   Everyone ready for the draft tomorrow?

My team is really only interested in scoring either 200 points, or like 115 points. The ol’ Desean Jackson of fantasy teams

@BPindy and your PFs are only going to be about 10 points apart this week. Could come down to that with you two for the 2nd in the division.  Unless of course @Lucky Colts Fan wants to continue streak

22 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I feel the same. What was it last year “don’t take a RB early” and this year the RB’s went like wild fire.

Ya, the RB pool was definitely deeper this year than in previous years I think, but significant drop off after the first 14 or so. While the WR felt like a dime a dozen to me. You have a few elite, and then it's just a crapshoot. I took six WR just because they kept falling to me. I forced myself to pick up my fourth RB in Isiah Crowell just because I didn't want a seventh WR lol.

 

I mean Melvin Gordon fell to me in the 16th spot, and I hadn't planned for that. It was either him or Michael Thomas, and I figured I would solidify my RB duo. I think it is because McCaffrey went before Gordon, I wouldn't have taken McCaffrey at 16. From there it was three WR in a row, then RB. I was set on getting a TE in the seventh for my draft strategy, as nothing good was ever available by the 8th in my mocks. Another 3 WR, then a RB. I was once again set on picking my QB in round 12 as they were deep this year, I mean I got Big ben in last round for crying out loud.

 

My original board and plan got changed once Gordon fell to me, but I did get most of the players I was targeting in the rounds I was targeting them in or later.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I’m willing to trade for a starting RB so send me your offers!

That was fast! You've got more RB than I do though, don't think I could be any help.

 

You should might worry about your WRs, you just lost Lee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, the RB pool was definitely deeper this year than in previous years I think, but significant drop off after the first 14 or so. While the WR felt like a dime a dozen to me. You have a few elite, and then it's just a crapshoot. I took six WR just because they kept falling to me. I forced myself to pick up my fourth RB in Isiah Crowell just because I didn't want a seventh WR lol.

 

I mean Melvin Gordon fell to me in the 16th spot, and I hadn't planned for that. It was either him or Michael Thomas, and I figured I would solidify my RB duo. I think it is because McCaffrey went before Gordon, I wouldn't have taken McCaffrey at 16. From there it was three WR in a row, then RB. I was set on getting a TE in the seventh for my draft strategy, as nothing good was ever available by the 8th in my mocks. Another 3 WR, then a RB. I was once again set on picking my QB in round 12 as they were deep this year, I mean I got Big ben in last round for crying out loud.

 

My original board and plan got changed once Gordon fell to me, but I did get most of the players I was targeting in the rounds I was targeting them in or later.

Yea my draft definitely didn’t go like my mocks did as far as who I was targeting. Looked to me a lot of us were targeting the same players in the same rounds.

 

I never imagined AB falling to me at 6 and then Hopkins being there again in 2nd. And I wanted Dalvin Cook with my 2nd and he went the pick before me. I forgot just how often and early colts players would be taken too!

 

And I don’t know why I pulled the trigger in Mahomes when I did, oh well. Over all I think I did ok. It’s gonna be a fun year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

I’m willing to trade for a starting RB so send me your offers!

I’d be interested in Michael Thomas and rashad Penny off your team. Take a look at my team and if there is anything that peaks your interest we can talk about it. Not sure if you would be interested in any of my RB’s or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@onebad150

 

Wow, are you getting lucky. It is the same thing as two years ago. Every week the person you are going against gets their lowest score of the week. Lowest PA and 4th lowest PF....lol You're going to win the Championship cause you've got a voodoo doll.

 

Sounds like he plays good defense.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Kamara and Evans

for

Mixon and Brown 

I can agree to that trade, however...

 

I face my wife this week and if I make the trade, I will literally have no other WRs to play other than D. Jackson

 

Kupp is out, lockett and brown are on bye, and Allen Robinson and will fuller are both questionable. 

 

If I lose, I don't hear the end of it. Can this deal be done next week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I can agree to that trade, however...

 

I face my wife this week and if I make the trade, I will literally have no other WRs to play other than D. Jackson

 

Kupp is out, lockett and brown are on bye, and Allen Robinson and will fuller are both questionable. 

 

If I lose, I don't hear the end of it. Can this deal be done next week?

If you traded D. Jackson, same situation, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Narcosys said:

 

I went ahead and submitted the trade.

Should have waited to next week with brown on bye, but she just had 3 get 27 so i might have a good chance lol. Bit when you're 2nd in PF and still 3-3, who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I was really enjoying looking at the standings the last seven weeks.

 

I'm going to miss that donut in my loss column.

 

giphy.gif

 

Now that Hodor is out of my way...

 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You've been killing the points for.

I like that turn of words off my team name.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, Narcosys said:

@BPindy and your PFs are only going to be about 10 points apart this week. Could come down to that with you two for the 2nd in the division.  Unless of course @Lucky Colts Fan wants to continue streaking...

 

My team is really only interested in scoring either 200 points, or like 115 points. The ol’ Desean Jackson of fantasy teams

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Btown_Colt

 

Not sure what that trade with Hulce is about, speculation? I think J. Brown has the better schedule moving forward and Brees is way better. However you do have mahomes. Think hulce won that trade. 

I only have 1 WR available this week. I could hit the waivers, but none get me to excited. I picked Brees up off waivers, was gonna use him for Mahomes bye week, but I needed a WR this week. I could care less about Stafford and Brown has been up and down. I agree he got the better end of the deal, but I had a need.  I tried to just do Brees for Cooper but he wouldn’t do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I only have 1 WR available this week. I could hit the waivers, but none get me to excited. I picked Brees up off waivers, was gonna use him for Mahomes bye week, but I needed a WR this week. I could care less about Stafford and Brown has been up and down. I agree he got the better end of the deal, but I had a need.  I tried to just do Brees for Cooper but he wouldn’t do it. 

Dang that sucks, I see that's some bad timing. Definitely nothing on waivers. Desperation makes you do crazy things. Like trying to trade Jarvis landry for a TE...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Yeah, I totally blanked on fantasy this week, my aunt was in the hospital so I haven't been on sports stuff as much. It's unfortunate.

I'm so sorry to hear and hope everything goes well for you guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is too much!

 

A nail-biter Colts game, then a nail-biter Saints/Steelers game.

 

Now a nail-biter championship game against Trueblood that comes down to Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd half against the Seattle defense...  I can barely sit still!  :excited:

It’s too much. Oh and thanks for having all the Colts players, that didn’t make it easy for my fandom earlier!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

It’s too much. Oh and thanks for having all the Colts players, that didn’t make it easy for my fandom earlier!

 

:D  I caught myself getting greedy earlier - "No, don't give it to Mack or throw it to Inman, give it to Hines and throw it to TY!"

 

But then I was like "I don't care!  Throw it to Chester!  Just beat the Giants!!!!"  :td:

 

Now I'm like "Just keep handing it off, Mahomes, no need to throw it..."  :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

:D  I caught myself getting greedy earlier - "No, don't give it to Mack or throw it to Inman, give it to Hines and throw it to TY!"

 

But then I was like "I don't care!  Throw it to Chester!  Just beat the Giants!!!!"  :td:

 

Now I'm like "Just keep handing it off, Mahomes, no need to throw it..."  :thmup:

LOL that’s funny cause I was the opposite until the end, I just wanted a score and didn’t care if it was Luck to TY.

 

Then in the saints game I was hoping for OT but the saints still winning haha. 

 

At at least the Chiefs game is playing out to where Mahomes should be throwing in the 2nd half.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I like the breakdown and agree although i caveat with this:   I don't think Leno or Fisher was 2-3 year deals unless they get what their market is before being cut.   And I do not think CB is going to big against himself to do that.   Leno basically made $8M-$9M each year ($8.8, $5.0, $8.1, $8.1) and was slated to make $9.0M this year before cut.   If the Colts are going to offer him $8-$9M a year I think he would gladly take a 2-3 year deal. But if the Colts are bargain shopping then I think he and Fisher will both be happy to take 1 year deals and prove their worth and re-enter the market next year when there is a lot more money to go around.   Fisher probably won't go for a 2-3 year deal unless he is making $10M+    I would actually ideally like to see us give one of them a 2-3 year deal where we have cost control on a decent contract for a year or two beyond this one.   I think that is a big win if so. More likely scenario has us giving one of them a $6M-$8M deal for a year and then having to either try to extend them if it works out or let them walk if it doesn't. 
    • Best option if healthy - Fisher (will still likely want 2-3 years)   Safest option - Leno (likely wants 3 years min)   Most expensive option - Leno   Cheapest short term option with a level of safety - Okung (PFF predicts a 3 year deal, which I don't see).   IMO, if you don't grab one of those guys, or other quality FA, you'll end up starting Tevi. If you start Tevi, before long you're moving Nelson to LT.... Ballard likely doesn't want to give Leno 3-4 years and high dollars. FIsher comes with risk. IDK... 
    • Here's what PFF says, and how they rank them in terms of FAs available.   In short, Houston had the worst pass rush graded year of his career, but still was top 10 in pass rush win rate. Kerrigan on the other had a career worst year all around, was really lousy vs the run, while many expected a bump up in production per snap due to the reduced role.   If Houston would take a one year deal, I'd rather give him 10M than give Kerrigan 5M.     Don't forget we lost 2 (Autry and Houston) and added 3 (Paye, Dayo, Rochell). So even if Dayo takes longer, we're still even net/net with the addition of Rochell.    I agree he could start over Banogu. As long as Turay is deemed healthy enough to play, he'd be a better passing downs rusher than Kerrigan. Kerrigan wouldn't play on running downs at all for us. He'd be a rotational or depth pass rush specialist at best.
    • Man i respect you. But I just have to say the talent gradient in college is so vast compared to the NFL. I Trust Ballard. It makes sense and no way in hell am i making that trade. Whatever happened to sitting a kid for a year? I mean you got a bag, buy in or gtho.
    • Granson is a Burton type small hybrid, that probably doesn't block as well as Burton. Wasn't a huge fan of Burton, or really the level of usage from the slot. We'll see, but he just doesn't wow me, and will need to be used correctly to get the most out of him. He's definitely not a typical TE type.    Strachan is a raw small school project. Surprised we took another X type WR. Guessing Patmon isn't progressing as well as they hoped. Either that or think Patmon can play somewhere else (slot or Z) and I just have a hard time seeing that. Or maybe they think he can pack on pounds and become a TE or jumbo WR hybrid. I like his as a project though with low expectation.   IMO, the best pick of Day 3, or I should say the pick most likely to compete for starter snaps is Davis. SAF was a secondary need for me. I could see him pushing Willis by mid season if not earlier. He is physically more gifted, but probably less of a nose for the ball than Willis. There were other Ss I would have preferred, but he's decent. I'm just glad we grabbed one after losing a very solid Wilson.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...