Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2018

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Thanks to everyone for a fun draft, all pretty decent looking teams, some better than others (you decide). 

My strength is in my WR position, so long as my RB's stay healthy I feel good. Unfortunately I always have a an RB end up on IR. So at least I got some trade capital.

How's everyone else feel?

I feel the same. What was it last year “don’t take a RB early” and this year the RB’s went like wild fire.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I feel the same. What was it last year “don’t take a RB early” and this year the RB’s went like wild fire.

Ya, the RB pool was definitely deeper this year than in previous years I think, but significant drop off after the first 14 or so. While the WR felt like a dime a dozen to me. You have a few elite, and then it's just a crapshoot. I took six WR just because they kept falling to me. I forced myself to pick up my fourth RB in Isiah Crowell just because I didn't want a seventh WR lol.

I mean Melvin Gordon fell to me in the 16th spot, and I hadn't planned for that. It was either him or Michael Thomas, and I figured I would solidify my RB duo. I think it is because McCaffrey went before Gordon, I wouldn't have taken McCaffrey at 16. From there it was three WR in a row, then RB. I was set on getting a TE in the seventh for my draft strategy, as nothing good was ever available by the 8th in my mocks. Another 3 WR, then a RB. I was once again set on picking my QB in round 12 as they were deep this year, I mean I got Big ben in last round for crying out loud.

My original board and plan got changed once Gordon fell to me, but I did get most of the players I was targeting in the rounds I was targeting them in or later.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I’m willing to trade for a starting RB so send me your offers!

That was fast! You've got more RB than I do though, don't think I could be any help.

You should might worry about your WRs, you just lost Lee.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, the RB pool was definitely deeper this year than in previous years I think, but significant drop off after the first 14 or so. While the WR felt like a dime a dozen to me. You have a few elite, and then it's just a crapshoot. I took six WR just because they kept falling to me. I forced myself to pick up my fourth RB in Isiah Crowell just because I didn't want a seventh WR lol.

I mean Melvin Gordon fell to me in the 16th spot, and I hadn't planned for that. It was either him or Michael Thomas, and I figured I would solidify my RB duo. I think it is because McCaffrey went before Gordon, I wouldn't have taken McCaffrey at 16. From there it was three WR in a row, then RB. I was set on getting a TE in the seventh for my draft strategy, as nothing good was ever available by the 8th in my mocks. Another 3 WR, then a RB. I was once again set on picking my QB in round 12 as they were deep this year, I mean I got Big ben in last round for crying out loud.

My original board and plan got changed once Gordon fell to me, but I did get most of the players I was targeting in the rounds I was targeting them in or later.

Yea my draft definitely didn’t go like my mocks did as far as who I was targeting. Looked to me a lot of us were targeting the same players in the same rounds.

I never imagined AB falling to me at 6 and then Hopkins being there again in 2nd. And I wanted Dalvin Cook with my 2nd and he went the pick before me. I forgot just how often and early colts players would be taken too!

And I don’t know why I pulled the trigger in Mahomes when I did, oh well. Over all I think I did ok. It’s gonna be a fun year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

I’m willing to trade for a starting RB so send me your offers!

I’d be interested in Michael Thomas and rashad Penny off your team. Take a look at my team and if there is anything that peaks your interest we can talk about it. Not sure if you would be interested in any of my RB’s or not. 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@onebad150

Wow, are you getting lucky. It is the same thing as two years ago. Every week the person you are going against gets their lowest score of the week. Lowest PA and 4th lowest PF....lol You're going to win the Championship cause you've got a voodoo doll.

Sounds like he plays good defense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Kamara and Evans

for

Mixon and Brown 

I can agree to that trade, however...

I face my wife this week and if I make the trade, I will literally have no other WRs to play other than D. Jackson

Kupp is out, lockett and brown are on bye, and Allen Robinson and will fuller are both questionable. 

If I lose, I don't hear the end of it. Can this deal be done next week?

29 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I can agree to that trade, however...

I face my wife this week and if I make the trade, I will literally have no other WRs to play other than D. Jackson

Kupp is out, lockett and brown are on bye, and Allen Robinson and will fuller are both questionable. 

If I lose, I don't hear the end of it. Can this deal be done next week?

If you traded D. Jackson, same situation, no?

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I was really enjoying looking at the standings the last seven weeks.

I'm going to miss that donut in my loss column.

giphy.gif

Now that Hodor is out of my way...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You've been killing the points for.

I like that turn of words off my team name.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, Narcosys said:

@BPindy and your PFs are only going to be about 10 points apart this week. Could come down to that with you two for the 2nd in the division.  Unless of course @Lucky Colts Fan wants to continue streaking...

My team is really only interested in scoring either 200 points, or like 115 points. The ol’ Desean Jackson of fantasy teams

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Btown_Colt

Not sure what that trade with Hulce is about, speculation? I think J. Brown has the better schedule moving forward and Brees is way better. However you do have mahomes. Think hulce won that trade. 

I only have 1 WR available this week. I could hit the waivers, but none get me to excited. I picked Brees up off waivers, was gonna use him for Mahomes bye week, but I needed a WR this week. I could care less about Stafford and Brown has been up and down. I agree he got the better end of the deal, but I had a need.  I tried to just do Brees for Cooper but he wouldn’t do it. 

4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I only have 1 WR available this week. I could hit the waivers, but none get me to excited. I picked Brees up off waivers, was gonna use him for Mahomes bye week, but I needed a WR this week. I could care less about Stafford and Brown has been up and down. I agree he got the better end of the deal, but I had a need.  I tried to just do Brees for Cooper but he wouldn’t do it. 

Dang that sucks, I see that's some bad timing. Definitely nothing on waivers. Desperation makes you do crazy things. Like trying to trade Jarvis landry for a TE...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is too much!

A nail-biter Colts game, then a nail-biter Saints/Steelers game.

Now a nail-biter championship game against Trueblood that comes down to Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd half against the Seattle defense...  I can barely sit still!  :excited:

It’s too much. Oh and thanks for having all the Colts players, that didn’t make it easy for my fandom earlier!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

It’s too much. Oh and thanks for having all the Colts players, that didn’t make it easy for my fandom earlier!

:D  I caught myself getting greedy earlier - "No, don't give it to Mack or throw it to Inman, give it to Hines and throw it to TY!"

But then I was like "I don't care!  Throw it to Chester!  Just beat the Giants!!!!"  :td:

Now I'm like "Just keep handing it off, Mahomes, no need to throw it..."  :thmup:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

:D  I caught myself getting greedy earlier - "No, don't give it to Mack or throw it to Inman, give it to Hines and throw it to TY!"

But then I was like "I don't care!  Throw it to Chester!  Just beat the Giants!!!!"  :td:

Now I'm like "Just keep handing it off, Mahomes, no need to throw it..."  :thmup:

LOL that’s funny cause I was the opposite until the end, I just wanted a score and didn’t care if it was Luck to TY.

Then in the saints game I was hoping for OT but the saints still winning haha. 

At at least the Chiefs game is playing out to where Mahomes should be throwing in the 2nd half.

• Like 1